Photo
- - - - -

40 Year Aniversary

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 10:39 AM

As it's coming up to 40 years of winning the championship in 2013,would be nice to know if the club will have something special on for that moment in history,maybe one of our home league games near to the date of that match 40 years ago,got the dvd of the game as i was only one at the time,really do think something needs to be done.

#2 Hugh Jarce

Hugh Jarce
  • Coach
  • 262 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

As it's coming up to 40 years of winning the championship in 2013,would be nice to know if the club will have something special on for that moment in history,maybe one of our home league games near to the date of that match 40 years ago,got the dvd of the game as i was only one at the time,really do think something needs to be done.

I fully agree, I would suggest a number of events need to take place involving old players.

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

#3 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

how about a retro shirt,mugs,repo of the programme
is the old cup available,have it at the ground with the winning colors,photos with it for a couple of quid

there are lots that could be done.... ;)

#4 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:23 AM

how about a retro shirt,mugs,repo of the programme
is the old cup available,have it at the ground with the winning colors,photos with it for a couple of quid

there are lots that could be done.... ;)

If a retro shirt was possible,would be a good idea to put the names of the team on that day on the shirt.

#5 CommunityRams

CommunityRams
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Their are plans in place for next years anniversary of the 1973 championship winning team and hopefully you wont be disappointed.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dewsbury Rams
Community Rugby League Coaching

Dewsbury Rams RLFC. Tetley's Stadium, Owl Lane, Dewsbury, WF12 7RH
Registered in England No. 2245573.
Tel: 01924 465489, Fax: 01924 437201, Web: www.dewsburyrams.co.uk
Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#6 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Their are plans in place for next years anniversary of the 1973 championship winning team and hopefully you wont be disappointed.

will it include pole dancers,bikini mud wrestlers,free £20 notes,all the curry you can eat,piggys mate in the stocks,

cos if it dont.....I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED !!!!!!!

:) :) ;)

#7 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:43 PM

Have you seen the program Coolie old boy! I certainly am going in the stocks for the afternoon after successful negations were agreed to have BSJ Guillotined at a future Batley game ;)

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#8 colinb

colinb
  • Coach
  • 950 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

If a retro shirt was possible,would be a good idea to put the names of the team on that day on the shirt.

Me thinks all the above suggestions would be great promotional products for the SQUADBUILDER FUND. Great money raiser. But as GFDU says there is only himself. Ah well.
WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

#9 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

will it include pole dancers,bikini mud wrestlers,free £20 notes,all the curry you can eat,piggys mate in the stocks,

cos if it dont.....I WILL BE DISAPPOINTED !!!!!!!

:) :) ;)

Is that stocks and suspenders ? Cos I'm pretty sure I'd fetch up the curry if I saw PM pole dancing in such attire. :o

#10 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:52 PM

Have you seen the program Coolie old boy! I certainly am going in the stocks for the afternoon after successful negations were agreed to have BSJ Guillotined at a future Batley game ;)

Clearly PM is one who prefers tricoteuse to trick or treat.

B)

I shall be most sorry to disappoint you.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)