Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Scott Prince or Jacob Miller...

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Looks like Hull FC have targeted one or the other. Could Miller be considered too young and Prince too old? I've no idea as I don't watch any of the NRL so wouldn't mind hearing people's opinions who do.

Any thoughts?

http://www.thisishul...tail/story.html

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#2 Fax1978

Fax1978
  • Coach
  • 571 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Prince is still a very good player who would likely be straight into most SL first teams even though he is the wrong side of 30. I've only seen Miller play once and he was very busy, good kicking game, strong defence solid all round player but would have hoped if Gentle was going for youth he'd give nichols a chance.

Edited by Fax1978, 17 October 2012 - 07:34 PM.

#3 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,223 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

Prince would be an excellent signing for anyone in SL.. might have lost a bit of pace, but still a very good player.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#4 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,922 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

Prince would be good if we have a youngster in line to learn from him and step up. AP has made sounds in the past about the youth at the club not being upto scratch yet, so whether we've got someone I aren't sure.

We'll see what they come up with. Definitely need a new 7 though. Seymour wasn't good enough last year.
Posted Image

#5 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

We'll see what they come up with. Definitely need a new 7 though. Seymour wasn't good enough last year.

Agree with that but wonder if we may get much more from Seymour in a second year?
Quite a few overseas players fail to impress in their first season for numerous reasons.
I just saw glimpses in Seymour ( not very often ;) ) which makes me wonder if it would be worth sticking with him for the first few games of the season.
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Agree with that but wonder if we may get much more from Seymour in a second year?
Quite a few overseas players fail to impress in their first season for numerous reasons.
I just saw glimpses in Seymour ( not very often ;) ) which makes me wonder if it would be worth sticking with him for the first few games of the season.

I'm with that opinion as well but I'm not sure if Adam Pearson is as patient as you and I.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

Prince is still a top class scrum half. Yes he's the wrong side of 30, had his fair share of injuries & off-field problems over the years, and has lost a lot of pace but his kicking & organisational skills are second to none. He's carried the Titans again this year and I would have thought he would still receive plenty of good money offers from the NRL. He's one of these players that always seems tom have time & space with the ball and more often than not makes the right calls.

I'd love to have Prince at Saints with Lomax as his stand off. Can't see Hull tempting him away from the NRL, but if they do they'll be getting a really good player.

Edited by Saint Toppy, 18 October 2012 - 07:36 AM.

#8 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,776 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:45 AM

Scott Prince has a very good Rugby brain, so I doubt his age would be a concern.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#9 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

Scott Prince is contracted to the Titans till the end of 2014.
Not many NRL Clubs are likely to let a player in a key position in the Halves walk away, even though he is 32.

#10 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Scott Prince is contracted to the Titans till the end of 2014.
Not many NRL Clubs are likely to let a player in a key position in the Halves walk away, even though he is 32.

Reports in Aussie press saying Titans would not stand in his way.

#11 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:46 AM

whats happened to hulls legendary youth production system?
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#12 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Scott Princes has hardly missed a game in the last two years. Good NRL player, would be an excellent Super League player. Unless the dreaded Hull injury bug gets him!

#13 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Reports in Aussie press saying Titans would not stand in his way.

How would they afford him?
He is on two more years at the Titans, he would only leave to a Club like Hull if there was more money for a longer three year contract.
I guess the Titans will have him on $300k + (190k pounds) a year as their star player and on field general.
Can Hull pay 200-250 thousand pound per year?
The Titans may want to cash him in while he is still worth something but he will want more than he is on to move to the UK, he has options with the Cowboys if he wants a move.
His partner could well end any speculation of a move to Hull.

Edited by AndyCapp, 18 October 2012 - 10:30 AM.

#14 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

whats happened to hulls legendary youth production system?

http://www.hullfc.co...s-new-hull-deal

The case for the defence rests m'lord! :rolleyes:
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#15 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

http://www.hullfc.co...s-new-hull-deal

The case for the defence rests m'lord! :rolleyes:

don't let the facts get in the way of a forum rant Roy

#16 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

How would they afford him?
He is on two more years at the Titans, he would only leave to a Club like Hull if there was more money for a longer three year contract.
I guess the Titans will have him on $300k + (190k pounds) a year as their star player and on field general.
Can Hull pay 200-250 thousand pound per year?
The Titans may want to cash him in while he is still worth something but he will want more than he is on to move to the UK, he has options with the Cowboys if he wants a move.
His partner could well end any speculation of a move to Hull.

Wasn't the primary reason behind him leaving Wests, was his wife's desire to return to Queensland?

#17 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

Wasn't the primary reason behind him leaving Wests, was his wife's desire to return to Queensland?

The odds on us of signing Prince are not very high this is has been picked up by the Aussie press after a mention in a local paper.We have been linked with every halfback going , mostly fueled by rumours on a certain other RL forum that all of a sudden becomes fact if repeated enough.

#18 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Yes

It will be Jacob Miller moving.

Edited by AndyCapp, 18 October 2012 - 12:30 PM.

#19 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,995 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

Prince is still a top class scrum half. Yes he's the wrong side of 30, had his fair share of injuries & off-field problems over the years, and has lost a lot of pace but his kicking & organisational skills are second to none. He's carried the Titans again this year and I would have thought he would still receive plenty of good money offers from the NRL. He's one of these players that always seems tom have time & space with the ball and more often than not makes the right calls.

I'd love to have Prince at Saints with Lomax as his stand off. Can't see Hull tempting him away from the NRL, but if they do they'll be getting a really good player.

Interesting, thanks for that. Sounds just the player Pearson and Gentle are looking for, even though he may not be as quick as he was. Paul C**Ke wasn't the quickest but Hull were a far better organised team when he was playing than now.

#20 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Confirmation by Titans that FC have made an approach for Prince http://www.thisishul...tail/story.html