Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Scott Prince or Jacob Miller...

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#21 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

More here,

http://www.thisishul...tail/story.html
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#22 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

More here,

http://www.thisishul...tail/story.html

erm ;)

#23 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:36 PM

erm ;)

Smug ba$tard.

Re. Prince, all sounds very promising and nice to see a club suggesting a player's loyalty should be rewarded.

On the Miller side of things, interesting to see the Aussie press describe him as a playmaker although he's only just turned 20.

Both would be potentially decent signings and a good statement of intent by my club for next year.

Here's hoping.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#24 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Smug ba$tard.

Re. Prince, all sounds very promising and nice to see a club suggesting a player's loyalty should be rewarded.

On the Miller side of things, interesting to see the Aussie press describe him as a playmaker although he's only just turned 20.

Both would be potentially decent signings and a good statement of intent by my club for next year.

Here's hoping.

That's not nice OF

#25 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

That's not nice OF

The bit about Prince or the bit about Miller?

Funnily enough, I hadn't marked you down as the sensitive type.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#26 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

The bit about Prince or the bit about Miller?

Funnily enough, I hadn't marked you down as the sensitive type.

im in bits here

#27 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

im in bits here

You're in bits!

I am running a hot bath, now were's the Stanley knife? :(

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#28 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,206 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

Prince or Miller - Pol Roger or Dom P? Just can't decide...
They're shopping at Harrods either way.
I wonder whether Titans would welcome a hefty transfer fee and the chance to lose one of their top earners, given their recent travails?
Prince would turn FC into top 4 material.

#29 Fax1978

Fax1978
  • Coach
  • 571 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:24 PM

Have to agree if Prince came over, Hull would be a formidable side he is an excellent on field general, as good as if not better than Finch IMO.

#30 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

How would they afford him?
He is on two more years at the Titans, he would only leave to a Club like Hull if there was more money for a longer three year contract.
I guess the Titans will have him on $300k + (190k pounds) a year as their star player and on field general.
Can Hull pay 200-250 thousand pound per year?
The Titans may want to cash him in while he is still worth something but he will want more than he is on to move to the UK, he has options with the Cowboys if he wants a move.
His partner could well end any speculation of a move to Hull.

by selling danny tickle to widnes???

Edited by Viking Warrior, 18 October 2012 - 08:34 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#31 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Have to agree if Prince came over, Hull would be a formidable side he is an excellent on field general, as good as if not better than Finch IMO.

A LOT better than Finch IMO, Prince was unlucky not to play more Tests, he just had superstars in front of him at Test level.

#32 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

Its getting coverage in QLD

Posted Image

Link

http://www.courierma...o-1226498900616

Edited by AndyCapp, 18 October 2012 - 08:53 PM.

#33 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

by selling danny tickle to widnes???

No need - the New Glamour Club are wedged up with AP at the helm & have no need for a "fire sale" - unlike our close neighbours! :)

Edited by Roy Boy, 18 October 2012 - 09:01 PM.

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

#34 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:05 PM

the new glamour club has S O'C at the helm............better to let danny come to us now for a fee instead of losing him next year for nothing........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#35 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,736 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

the new glamour club has S O'C at the helm............better to let danny come to us now for a fee instead of losing him next year for nothing........

We won't be losing him!
We'll be sending him on his way with our blessing for the service he has given.
Plus he probably won't get a regular game at the New Glamour Club, so quite rightly he'll move to a club with lower standards I'd expect ;)

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

#36 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,921 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:45 AM

It he question is, is Prince better than Chase?
Posted Image

#37 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

It he question is, is Prince better than Chase?

Yes.
Chase is a poor man's Benji Marshall, off the cuff, brilliant at times but unreadable even by his own team mates.
Prince is an organiser that drives his team around the park and has all the individual skills as well.

#38 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

update http://www.thisishul...tail/story.html

#39 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,993 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Cheers for that link AC, gave me a laugh re. the grimy North of England, that image there is quite picturesque compared to what it's like in Hull for reality.. :rolleyes:

Also interesting to see the Titans have been chasing Cooper Cronk this year. Why would they do that? Is he that much better than Prince, would they have played alongside each other or had Prince already expressed a wish to leave?

#40 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,089 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

Cheers for that link AC, gave me a laugh re. the grimy North of England, that image there is quite picturesque compared to what it's like in Hull for reality.. :rolleyes:

Also interesting to see the Titans have been chasing Cooper Cronk this year. Why would they do that? Is he that much better than Prince, would they have played alongside each other or had Prince already expressed a wish to leave?

No worries,
The Titans wanted Cronk because he is what Prince was four years ago without the injuries.
28 v 32 years old is a player in his prime v a veteran on the way down I guess.
Cronk is probably a better overall rounded player than Prince was at 28 years old.