Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Scott Prince or Jacob Miller...

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#61 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:33 AM

I hope he gives Hull a go, my only concern is he or his partner will get homesick.

#62 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Looks like it's Scott Prince or nowt...

http://www.thisishul...tail/story.html

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#63 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

and his wife as the cleaner ;)

#64 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

TIME is running out for Scott Prince to confirm a move to Hull FC after the English Super League club issued a "final offer" while setting its sights on Wests Tigers halfback Jacob Miller.

Prince is at risk of missing out on a lucrative three-year UK deal with his future at the Gold Coast Titans still unresolved and Hull FC hinting that Miller may provide more long-term value.

While Prince was initially their "top target", Hull FC owner Adam Pearson said the race to fill their halfback vacancy would now come down to who snapped up the Super League contract first.

Prince met with Hull FC coach Peter Gentle on the weekend but the former Test halfback failed to commit to the long-term offer.

Link

http://www.heraldsun...o-1226503245203

#65 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

I hope he gives Hull a go, my only concern is he or his partner will get homesick.

Agreed.

I'd love to see him at Hull but if he's in any way reluctant to come I'd rather he didn't bother. We had enough of that last year with Wade McKinnon.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#66 Railway End

Railway End
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm surprised Wests Tigers would even consider letting Jacob Miller leave the club. Along with Curtis Sironen they could be a great halfback partnership for years to come. For a club that has little money why would you clear out your home grown talent?

Mick Potter is more likely to give him a good run in the first team than Tim Sheens did. Sheens always seems to play his favourites regardless of their form.

"Rugby League is rugby in the simplest form in the sense that it's about great defence, great tackling technique, good handling, good passing, catching and great kicking."

Stuart Lancaster - England Rugby Union Head Coach - October 2013

#67 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

I'm surprised Wests Tigers would even consider letting Jacob Miller leave the club. Along with Curtis Sironen they could be a great halfback partnership for years to come. For a club that has little money why would you clear out your home grown talent?

I dont think Sironen will stay in the halves for very long, his natural size & strength I think will see him end up at 13. Up to getting injured he looked to be a real top prospect !

#68 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

The one player Hull have definitely signed is Shannon McDonnell, former Hull KR full back, on a two year deal.

He should get us round the park....

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#69 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:54 AM

Prince's agent says his client will sign for Hull on Monday, once his severance from the Titans is sorted.

Sounds like he wants more time, I'm getting a bit bored of this now.

#70 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

Link here :

http://www.thisishul...tail/story.html
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#71 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

Especially for OF (he likes the twists and turns, despite his false indignation! ;) )

http://www.dailytele...r-1226504196828

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#72 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

Especially for OF (he likes the twists and turns, despite his false indignation! ;) )

http://www.dailytele...r-1226504196828

Pah!

I remain unconvinced

#73 boris74

boris74
  • Coach
  • 138 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Not sure on this one!

The agent seems pretty sure and I suppose he would be in the know but still got a nagging doubt that this will actually happen.

Hopes it does for Hull's sake because he will guide an impressive looking team around the park next year.

#74 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

Mate in Brisbane just messaged me, 7:00 am news - Scott Prince has signed for Hull FC :) :D

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

#75 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:53 AM

Mate in Brisbane just messaged me, 7:00 am news - Scott Prince has signed for Hull FC :) :D

If he signs it will not be until Monday the media in Oz are saying.

#76 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,998 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:55 AM

Hull FC media man James Clarke has tweeted that Hull have a roadshow at St Stephen's shopping centre today, then says he's hoping to confirm a "Prince's Quay" visit, :rolleyes: then drops various subtle hints with the words Titans and Prince in them.

He sounds like a big kid that can't keep a secret.

#77 humpy

humpy
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

According to news reports over here, Scott Prince will sign on Monday. I've been a titans fan since emigrating here 4 years ago. Scott is a good player but relies heavily on a decent 6, when Matt Rogers retired Scott struggled with form, hope you have a decent stand off to work with him. He's great off the field too, kids love him, he does lots of media work too. Will be great for Hull

#78 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:15 PM

According to news reports over here, Scott Prince will sign on Monday. I've been a titans fan since emigrating here 4 years ago. Scott is a good player but relies heavily on a decent 6, when Matt Rogers retired Scott struggled with form, hope you have a decent stand off to work with him. He's great off the field too, kids love him, he does lots of media work too. Will be great for Hull

Daniel Holdsworth would be his likely 5/8th :)

Sir Winston Churchill

Tobias Smollett

Joe E Lewis

#79 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,535 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hull FC media man James Clarke has tweeted that Hull have a roadshow at St Stephen's shopping centre today, then says he's hoping to confirm a "Prince's Quay" visit, :rolleyes: then drops various subtle hints with the words Titans and Prince in them.

He sounds like a big kid that can't keep a secret.

Scott Street bridge would be more of a challenge.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#80 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,228 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

Just seen an Aussie journo post this on twitter

"Stay tuned for massive news on scott prince. Hearing move to Hull is now off. Staying in NRL but not with Titans. Hull officials not happy"

Looks like Salford might be disappointed also then if previous rumours are believed to have been true..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk