• 6,065 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 11:11 PM

http://www.dailytele...r-1226498117514

#2 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

A Worlds best Prop off the bench, that's a first :)

#3 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:11 AM

Well done to him, it's a shame he has to sit out 12 matches based on an allegation from a cocky little ######!

#4 Blotto

Blotto
  • Coach
  • 578 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

It wasn't an allegation from Slater he obviously felt something and there was blood, so he told the Ref what he thought, he only needed one stitch, but not as many stitchs as Graham got from the Judiciary! I see that old t***er Lazarus was whinging that he shouldn't have got it cause he(JG) bit Slaters ear, if that were really true he wouldn't have got it!
The Oz Press aren't the only pillocks, it seems some ex NRL Players forget how rough they were in their day giving and recieving!
If you like old type radio comedy/drama's etc listen to http://pumpkinfm.com/

#5 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Why is the Dally M Award the 'biggest in rugby league' when it isn't open to all players?

What stunning ignorance.
People called Romans they go the house

#6 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:28 AM

Jammer deserves the recognition. He's a superb player and has had a great first season in the NRL. Had he not done so, Slater wouldn't have tried to get him sent off/banned for 2013/life

#7 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:00 PM

Disappointing to see him endorsed in such a way following his shameful biting assault but of course these worldwide polls need to try to show some balance, he did have a good pre-GF season and is one of very few pedigree English players. So that's enough to get him in there. It would be hard to convince anyone that his nationality didn't help him a great deal, I think.

The article is correct in saying that his season (and probably career) will be remembered for his appalling biting attack over and above his playing pedigree. That's ultimately his problem and for him to deal with. You reap what you sow. I'd happily see him out of the game personally.

#8 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:01 PM

Jammer deserves the recognition. He's a superb player and has had a great first season in the NRL. Had he not done so, Slater wouldn't have tried to get him sent off/banned for 2013/life

:rolleyes:
On another planet.
That dam Slater jamming his ear in his face to try and take his eye out, then calling bitten.

Edited by AndyCapp, 18 October 2012 - 12:13 PM.

#9 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Yeah because Billy Slater has proven time and time again that he needs favours and the use of underhand tactics to embellish his mediocre talents.

#10 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

No mention of Ryan Hall by anybody, does deserve alot of credit as he's been playing consistently well for Leeds for a long time and has proven good enough against the worlds best opposition which most recent english players fail to do. The team is very hard to argue against. I'd of picked Reynolds for the rookie. Also agree about Barba being above Slater.

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,453 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

The team is very hard to argue against.

I doubt they'd do very well, there's only 9 players!
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 Mushy

Mushy
  • Coach
  • 310 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

On topic - Graham was a stand out and is at least the equal of a small bunch of outstanding props in the world

Off topic (slightly) - don't know why Slater is getting - ahem - slated as he seems pretty innocent, and to be fair I believe both him and Jammer, but that's because deliberate biting is an incredible leap for a comparatively clean player; in such a melee and headlock both Slater & Graham's (dental?) impressions of what happened weren't necessarily at odds.

#13 Steve May

Steve May
  • Coach
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:19 PM

Must be a mistake. Surely there are no English players good enough to make it in the superman arena of the NRL.

That's me.  I'm done.

#14 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:13 PM

Yeah because Billy Slater has proven time and time again that he needs favours and the use of underhand tactics to embellish his mediocre talents.

You wouldn't know whether Slater was an honest bloke or a liar of the greatest magnitude. My comment had nothing to do with his talents or otherwise. It was a comment upon his potential integrity as a person.

After all, Slater did say at the end of one of the articles I read that he just wanted to 'move on' because Melbourne won in the end. I'd say that is a good indicator of how Slater's mind works. I wonder what he would have accused players of if the Doggies had won?

#15 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

You wouldn't know whether Slater was an honest bloke or a liar of the greatest magnitude. My comment had nothing to do with his talents or otherwise. It was a comment upon his potential integrity as a person.

After all, Slater did say at the end of one of the articles I read that he just wanted to 'move on' because Melbourne won in the end. I'd say that is a good indicator of how Slater's mind works. I wonder what he would have accused players of if the Doggies had won?

Did you see the footage? Did you see Slater's ear in the post-match interview?

#16 back to the future

back to the future
  • Coach
  • 837 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

A Worlds best Prop off the bench, that's a first :)

But mostly stays on until the end,games i've seen on premiere plays at least 55-60 minutes,

#17 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,397 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

After all, Slater did say at the end of one of the articles I read that he just wanted to 'move on' because Melbourne won in the end. I'd say that is a good indicator of how Slater's mind works.

It probably is, yes. He looked ready to move on even only a few minutes after being rough-housed by just about every Dogs player and being cowardly bitten by one of them. And didn't even gloat when going over not long after.

I think that is indeed a good indicator of how his mind works in relation to Graham's. A standard bearer for pro sport who lets his game do the talking.

#18 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

It probably is, yes. He looked ready to move on even only a few minutes after being rough-housed by just about every Dogs player and being cowardly bitten by one of them. And didn't even gloat when going over not long after.

I think that is indeed a good indicator of how his mind works in relation to Graham's. A standard bearer for pro sport who lets his game do the talking.

:lol:

#19 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,755 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Did you see the footage? Did you see Slater's ear in the post-match interview?

I saw the footage and I saw Slater's ear. The two are not automatically and necessarily connected. There was handbags at dawn going on all around. How do you know that James Graham had anything whatsoever to do with the biddy cut on Slater's ear? That's right, you don't. And since Slater opted not to provide medical evidence to support his claim to have been bitten - probably because said evidence would have ensured his claim was thrown out instantly - there is no way to back up claims either way, is there?

#20 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,313 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

I agree. I think Graham is one of the best players I've seen - and I've seen a lot. The biting accusation is quite out of character. Basically it was Slater's word against Graham's the the Aussies chose to believe Slater - what a surprise. Chris Monaghan got away with a gratuitous assault on Sinfield's head in the GF and wasn't even put on report, to put Graham's alleged offence in perspective.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users