TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Hull FC link up now official

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

Press today - link up with Hull FC announced - think its for 3 years,
see club website for details.

Danny Nicklas coming back on season long loan.
Other names mentioned - Tom Lineham, Jack Briscoe & Ben Crooks.

Things looking very, very good in my opinion, get those vice presidents & season
tickets bought now.

Edited by shades2, 18 October 2012 - 07:18 AM.

#2 Spanish Knight

Spanish Knight
  • Coach
  • 9,871 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:23 AM

As you say Col things looking very good, talking to a Knights fan last night and those are the players we were hoping to get, cant wait for next season . :D

#3 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,240 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

If you're after a winger, Jack Briscoe did a good job for us at Fev last season. I wouldn't have been uphappy if we'd signed him for 2013.

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,507 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

Cant believe you copy pasted our press release :)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 SuperYork

SuperYork
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:29 AM

Good news! Great for both clubs!

#6 Mrbus

Mrbus
  • Coach
  • 805 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:52 AM

up to five Hull players will be able to turn out for the Knights each week, with their selection set to be overseen by head coaches Peter Gentle and Gary Thornton

I for one hope this is just very bad wording, allowing gentle/hull to pick your team is not the way to go

#7 PeteM

PeteM
  • Coach
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

I for one hope this is just very bad wording, allowing gentle/hull to pick your team is not the way to go

That very question answered in The Press article here (see par 13) http://www.yorkpress...ll_partnership/

#8 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

That very question answered in The Press article here (see par 13) http://www.yorkpress...ll_partnership/

Great story that Pete, nipping in the bud a lot of potential concerns for the fans straight away there.

I personally think this is fantastic news. This three year partnership is going to allow the Knights to gain valuable experience in how to run a Grade A standard SuperLeague club, so by the time we move into our brand new 8-10 thousand SuperLeague capacity ;) stadium we should be in a great position to move up to that level.

The fact that their fringe first teamers will compliment one of the strongest York City Knights squads ever assembled (in my humble opinion) is a very nice bonus.

Very happy days indeed! :D
Posted Image

#9 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:06 PM

Great story that Pete, nipping in the bud a lot of potential concerns for the fans straight away there.

I personally think this is fantastic news. This three year partnership is going to allow the Knights to gain valuable experience in how to run a Grade A standard SuperLeague club, so by the time we move into our brand new 8-10 thousand SuperLeague capacity ;) stadium we should be in a great position to move up to that level.

The fact that their fringe first teamers will compliment one of the strongest York City Knights squads ever assembled (in my humble opinion) is a very nice bonus.

Very happy days indeed! :D

Agreed, we have the makings of a very competitive squad for next season, still a bit light in the backs but if we can get the players mentioned then all will be well.

#10 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

After weeks of speculation, changes to the Academy structures have finally been confirmed. Is it the end to British Rugby League as we know it? I think not…

Give my blog a read if you like! :)
Posted Image

#11 ladyknight1967

ladyknight1967
  • Players
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

Are the club thinking of offering Hull FC season ticket holders any discounts to entry at Knights home games?
Work with a few avid FC supporters who have all said they would come to watch York if there was. Believe Hull are switching back to
playing alot of their home games on Friday night so could be some local FC fans with nothing to do on a Sunday afternoon. Even if we only
got 20 or 30 of them coming to York, maybe paying £10 entry instead of £14 would be a bit of extra money in our bank. Just a thought....

#12 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,673 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

Are the club thinking of offering Hull FC season ticket holders any discounts to entry at Knights home games?
Work with a few avid FC supporters who have all said they would come to watch York if there was. Believe Hull are switching back to
playing alot of their home games on Friday night so could be some local FC fans with nothing to do on a Sunday afternoon. Even if we only
got 20 or 30 of them coming to York, maybe paying £10 entry instead of £14 would be a bit of extra money in our bank. Just a thought....

As long as they offered us a discount for their games too then I think it's a good idea.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#13 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

Great idea that and as posted by Simon Hall it should work both ways. If the clubs are working together then why not the fans.

#14 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

genuine question. does Danny Nicklas season long loan come under your 5 player deal with hull fc, or is it seperate.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

genuine question. does Danny Nicklas season long loan come under your 5 player deal with hull fc, or is it seperate.

It does yeah.
Posted Image

#16 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,161 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

It does yeah.

ok cheers
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image