today signing is ...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1 allroughyed

allroughyed
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

Liam Gillchrist signed. Well done mate, good reward for the hard work you did last season

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#2 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Another welcome addition to the squad . For whatever reason he was never really given a regular starting spot by TB but when he got his chance to play , usually due to injuries to injuries to others , he was imo regularly our stand out performer at prop forward , only to be surprisingly dropped when the more favoured props regained fitness . Hopefully under the new coach he will get the starting spot he deserves and I believe we could well see him continue to progress rapidly and make big a impact this year and in the future . Definitely has the potential to play at a higher level .

#3 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

I've heard the Hairnets and Barrow amongst others were after him so good to see loyalty from the younger lads.Technically very good rarely makes an error. Could be his best year with Naylor who will be his own man.Good young pro always gives 100%.

Well done and look foreward to 2013. A good signing for the Roughyeds.
One for all and all for the one

#4 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Liam Gillchrist signed. Well done mate, good reward for the hard work you did last season

Is that right Value has signed for Oxford???
Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#5 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,942 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

You've lost Jamie Acton today, he's signed for Workington

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#6 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

I believe Valu is off to Oxford. Gave good service but maybe the time is right. Need to speed up the game, for me "the overs" dictated a slow pace last year, played when unfit an dthis year i'm expecting better with a younger more dynamic squad.Acton had a few good games but was sent off or sin binned too often. With the likes of Ward,Clarke,Gillchrist,Dally and co i'm happy with what we have.

#7 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:54 AM

From a reliable source others off to Oxford, Martin Roden, Lucas Oyango and Dave Ellison.

#8 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Assuming this is correct I can't say I'm too bothered about these departures as off last seasons performances the only one I think would be a loss is Thommo . But good luck to them all they have all served the club well , especially Lucas , what a personality . Maybe a new start is what they need and I hope they enjoy success at their new club but not when they play us .

#9 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

Assuming this is correct I can't say I'm too bothered about these departures as off last seasons performances the only one I think would be a loss is Thommo . But good luck to them all they have all served the club well , especially Lucas , what a personality . Maybe a new start is what they need and I hope they enjoy success at their new club but not when they play us

Got to agree, I would have liked Lucas to have stayed with us as you say. Another one of our ex gone Sean Robinson as signed for them as well. it will be interesting when we meet them and at least it creates some interest in the league.

#10 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:11 PM

Roughyeds New v Roughyeds Old . That should be a bit tasty ....bring it on .

#11 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Apart from Thommo and Lucas for his enthusiasm i'm not fussed. The rest were hollding Roughyeds back as far as i'm concerned. Bar takings will be up at Oxford then!!!!!

#12 Robthegardener.

Robthegardener.
  • Coach
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:45 PM

Apart from Thommo and Lucas for his enthusiasm i'm not fussed. The rest were hollding Roughyeds back as far as i'm concerned. Bar takings will be up at Oxford then!!!!!

:lol: :D :lol:
Posted ImageVelcome to ze forum...You must obay ze rules

#13 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

Great news that Jason Boults has signed again, model of consistancy. http://www.roughyeds...s/kenny-hughes/ (I know the link says Kenny Hughes but it is Boultsy). And of course yesterdays news about Kenny Hughes http://www.roughyeds...kenny-hughes-2/

Edited by TOSH1960, 23 October 2012 - 01:36 PM.

#14 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Good news about Boultsy if correct. 100% player who plays a lot of games in the season for a prop. Very good defensively and puts the hard work in, especially when he starts a game and the going is tough.

Glad he's staying with us and glad about Liam Gilchrist too - think he could have a very good season this year if given the game time he richly deserves.

Tony Mac
Hope for the best, plan for the worst, just don't stop believing

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#15 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Good news about Boultsy if correct. 100% player who plays a lot of games in the season for a prop. Very good defensively and puts the hard work in, especially when he starts a game and the going is tough.

Glad he's staying with us and glad about Liam Gilchrist too - think he could have a very good season this year if given the game time he richly deserves.

Tony Mac

Why shouldn't it be correct if it's on the clubs website?

#16 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 603 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

And it's in the Chron!

#17 Tony Mac

Tony Mac
  • Coach
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

And it's in the Chron!

Hi Tosh & TAoHaF

Couldn't read the link so could only go off the posting. Now seen the Oldham Chron.

Tony Mac

Tony Mac

Nobody believes the official spokesman, but everybody trusts an unidentified source.

#18 saints10coach

saints10coach
  • 1,675 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Sam Gee

#19 chiefgeneral

chiefgeneral
  • Coach
  • 476 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Good hooker him

#20 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 208 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

Gee is a good lad.Will speed up the movement of the ball which was needed last season imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users