today signing is ...

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

Naylor and Spencer clearly have their own plans and way of doing things that are going to be significantly different to the previous regime. Young lads are more maleable and keen. Brocky yes would be an asset the others would slow the game down which was evident last year. Good servants to the club but time to move on.New broom and all that.
One for all and all for the one

#62 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 533 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:05 PM

Heard yesterday Noone could be on his way back to Barrow?
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#63 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:34 PM

Been on the cards for Noone to go to Barrow for a while now. Gave a good first season but was spoiled by injury last season. Would like to see the younger lads given a chance now.Belive Cookson has signed again which is a good addition with the other U25's we have from last years squad

#64 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:47 PM

Don't know for certain, no one does, but I do wonder if last season's players (with the exception of Greenwood) who are rumoured not to be resigning are not happy with what's expected of them from the new coaching regime. If not, thanks for your efforts, good luck in the future and we now move on. I hope I'm right in thinking that the new coaching team could be the breath of fresh air we have needed for a number of years. Lee Spencer's assertion that there will be no diminution in the standard he is used to working to should reap immediate and long-term benefits on the field. The results will prove or disprove all this, one way or the other.

#65 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:33 PM

Just sent off my cheque for my season ticket.The letters with the application form were like chalk`n`cheese>The one from Scott was brilliant-very stirring,raising hopes/expectations and setting out his stall (respect/honesty)..Pushed me into sending it off (plus I`d miss the craic);the other from CH was,frankly,embarassing asking people to sponsor part of the pitch for 10.00:either he`s been badly advised or he`s desperate or he`s taking the micky.Or maybe it`s me missing the point.I`m no marketing man but there must be more sensible ways of trying to raise cash.
I agree with some other people on the forum:I would like to see Brocky on board:he can cover a number of positions and he`s a good club man from what I`ve seen-just gets on with it.Plus Scott will know better than us,a couple of ``owd `eads` ,1 in the pack (enforcer),the other at half back.Also agree with putting Roden at 13.
Hey,John in Oz,maybe you WILL end up coming back if we get a Frank Foster type in the end-maybe he`s out there,somewhere,lol !!
Other than that,am getting a good feeling,as Afi said,about how the squad is taking shape.

#66 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:03 AM

Raff......let me when a reincarnation of the one and only Frank Foster lobs at Whitebank and I'll be on the first plane back !!!!

#67 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Raff....let me know when a reincarnation of the one and only Frank Foster lobs at Whitebank and I'll be on the first plane back !!!

#68 Roughyedz

Roughyedz
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:28 AM

Here he is ............... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Posted Image

#69 john in oz

john in oz
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:52 AM

Yes..............classic pic of the great man............got it in the "Star Players" section of the Complete History 1876-1997 book........all too brief spell ORLFC....happy days though !

#70 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

Should be interesting to see whether there are any more signings this week . If not this may give a clear indication that we're going into partnership with Salford . We were told that we would be looking at a squad of 24 / 25 and so far we have signed 20 allowing the remaining 5 squad places to be filled by dual reg players from Salford .

#71 rugbyman1

rugbyman1
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

I agree. If we are not running a reserve team (which woudl be sad) then no point having more than 24 max to keep harmony in the squad. We have a solid 20 I think so I wouldn't rush any more.

#72 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Last week was the first week of training together. Scott probably needs to have a good look at he's got before using up all the available money.

#73 ruffyed

ruffyed
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:14 AM

Hope you're right Tosh ... time will tell .

#74 Raff

Raff
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:01 PM

Agree with Ruffyed :without going into conspiracy theories or whatever,the messages seem to lead us to that conclusion.

#75 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Looks like Luke Stenchion is on his way to York. Good, solid prop when he was fit, but seemed to be injured for most of last season. Good luck, mate. Still think we need a bit more experience in the threequarters, at half back and in the pack. But, if I'm right about the new training regime being as close to SL as can be achieved with part-time players, as I've referred to previously, it may be difficult to persuade older players to change their ways so late in their careers.

#76 D1029

D1029
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:43 PM

Its okay training to Super League standards but is this squad of largely unknown youngsters up to the playing standard of what will be a highly competitive Championship One.Remember our previous seasons crop of Super League Academy players with the possible exception of Callum Casey have not exactly been a roaring success and have not developed at other clubs.Still got great worries about the forth coming season unless we have more battle hardened players still to arrive.

#77 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 244 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:28 PM

Based upon my own opinion of our former "coach", I wouldn't use previous seasons' experience with SL Academy players as any kind of yardstick as to how the current crop will do under a decent coach, which I'm hoping Scott Naylor is. Again, my view is that, with SL type training, we should be 5-10% fitter than our other CC1 opponents, so, if we're still in contention in games by the 65th minute mark, our extra level of fitness should see us home in the last 15 minutes 9 times out of 10. Personally, I'd take or do anything that gives us the edge. Simplistic maybe, but it does seem to work in lots of sports on lots of occasions.

Edited by RunItOffAfi, 27 November 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#78 beacs

beacs
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:21 PM

Brilliant signing of PLayer of the Year for Salford Academy Adam Files ,,,,, With this lad and Sammy Gee we will have two Hookers that will shine from Dummy Half , , Well doen to Scott Naylor and 'Spanner' for this signing ...

Well done aswell Mr Chairman , The Oldham Club is going forward :rolleyes:

#79 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:12 PM

Brilliant signing of PLayer of the Year for Salford Academy Adam Files ,,,,, With this lad and Sammy Gee we will have two Hookers that will shine from Dummy Half , , Well doen to Scott Naylor and 'Spanner' for this signing ...

Well done aswell Mr Chairman , The Oldham Club is going forward :rolleyes:

Better hope he's as 'brilliant' as you say he is, seeing as he's going to be one of the first names on the team sheet every week!

#80 beacs

beacs
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

No he's not going to be first name on sheet , he has to earn his right to wear 9 like sammy gee and like any other team member , he is hard worker Adam and so are the other guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users