Photo
- - - - -

Pennine Fixtures 20/10/2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

http://www.penninele...date=2012-10-20

I believe Moorends are now away at New Earswick .

Posted Image

Posted Image
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#2 Hx Irish

Hx Irish
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

You called your 2nd team game early, you strugling for numbers? 3 games in Div 7 off already :(

Edited by Hx Irish, 20 October 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

You called your 2nd team game early, you strugling for numbers? 3 games in Div 7 off already :(

Not sure on the exact numbers but we've been taking between 5 and 10 with the first team all season, last week would have been the first time we would have been nearly at strength and the game was called off :( Our home game got called off Monday and switched to an away fixture, I've not got a clue why it was switched so early because our ground drains quickly, all I can think of was the secretary didn't want to risk going two weeks without a game.

#4 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:26 PM

Not sure on the exact numbers but we've been taking between 5 and 10 with the first team all season, last week would have been the first time we would have been nearly at strength and the game was called off Posted Image Our home game got called off Monday and switched to an away fixture, I've not got a clue why it was switched so early because our ground drains quickly, all I can think of was the secretary didn't want to risk going two weeks without a game.

Games called off due to bad weather, shortage of players for the A team, are we talking about summer Rugby ( No just repeating wot Marauder said about the NCL clubs) seems winter Rugby is not happening for your club Marauder you may have to eat humble pie and return to summer.

Edited by old papa, 20 October 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#5 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:46 PM

Games called off due to bad weather, shortage of players for the A team, are we talking about summer Rugby ( No just repeating wot Marauder said about the NCL clubs) seems winter Rugby is not happening for your club Marauder you may have to eat humble pie and return to summer.

Not at all Olde papa, the Pennine doesn't state you have to run a 2nd team and as per BARLA rules we fulfilled the 1st team fixture with just about a 2nd team, we do have injuries and because of the recession we've have a few of our 1st team who worked in construction now working for a firm that repairs cooling towers, this work has got the lads working in Hamburg at the moment, I'll promise you one thing thou, we will not have to fill the team sheet with youth players.

Our player did get a vote to which season they wanted to play and after seven seasons playing both winter and SUMMER they voted 100% for winter, we've seen and had the problems your having in the summer, "It's not going to get better" ours will once the German contract has finished :)

#6 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:02 PM

Not at all Olde papa, the Pennine doesn't state you have to run a 2nd team and as per BARLA rules we fulfilled the 1st team fixture with just about a 2nd team, we do have injuries and because of the recession we've have a few of our 1st team who worked in construction now working for a firm that repairs cooling towers, this work has got the lads working in Hamburg at the moment, I'll promise you one thing thou, we will not have to fill the team sheet with youth players.

Our player did get a vote to which season they wanted to play and after seven seasons playing both winter and SUMMER they voted 100% for winter, we've seen and had the problems your having in the summer, "It's not going to get better" ours will once the German contract has finished Posted Image

Nothing wrong with youth players playing in the open age teams if they are playing in a league that is safe for them to play in like the NCL.
So what you are saying now is your players are not playing because there is a recession ? Did the recession just start in September ? or could that be the reason that some of the players playing summer Rugby had to work on weekends. No it can't have been can it because the recession only started in September, and all the well off summer players where all away spending all their money on holidays abroad. Well well Marauder I have to say if you were a fish I would be feed up throwing you back into the pond you bite that many times. Lol The real problem is not summer or winter it is that some of the players do not have the commitment which they had a few years ago shame for the lads that do, but I think it is the same at every club and how we address this sorry i don t have the answer.

Edited by old papa, 21 October 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:53 PM

Nothing wrong with youth players playing in the open age teams if they are playing in a league that is safe for them to play in like the NCL.
So what you are saying now is your players are not playing because there is a recession ? Did the recession just start in September ? or could that be the reason that some of the players playing summer Rugby had to work on weekends. No it can't have been can it because the recession only started in September, and all the well off summer players where all away spending all their money on holidays abroad. Well well Marauder I have to say if you were a fish I would be feed up throwing you back into the pond you bite that many times. Lol The real problem is not summer or winter it is that some of the players do not have the commitment which they had a few years ago shame for the lads that do, but I think it is the same at every club and how we address this sorry i don t have the answer.

Nothing wrong unless you blood to many in one go.

In a recesion men will go where ever their work takes them, a few years ago an ex-Marauder became a site manager with a firm that does maintenance on cooling towers he offered some of our lads work and has kept them as local as he could for a long time, however his latest contract has taken him to Hamburg.