daniel kilshaw leigh east

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#1 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:24 AM

apparantly danny kilshaw banned until 1st october 2013.the incident must have been bad to warrant this, anyone see it? another kick in the bo11ox for leigh east if so.

if only super league players recieved similar sentences!!

#2 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

who was the tackle on?

what did Johnny Young get?

#3 pluto

pluto
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

I think it was the St Pats game, i was about 10 yards away directly in line, it happened so quickly i did'nt even realise Kilshaw had made contact, i thought it was Lyndon Robertson, untill the ref showed Kilshaw the red. It happened so quickly their did'nt seem time for their to be any intent. I was stood with Winston Sarsfield and he said he did'nt think he would have got a red except the lad was badly hurt. Kilshaws no angel but i think this time it was an accident.

#4 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

it was a fore arm smash to one of the young lads who was trying to gather a high ball and then he landed on his head, its on vedio, i was at the game but personally not seen the vidio but been told it was pretty bad. the lads not played since and i think hes still having treatment.

#5 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

it was a fore arm smash to one of the young lads who was trying to gather a high ball and then he landed on his head, its on vedio, i was at the game but personally not seen the vidio but been told it was pretty bad. the lads not played since and i think hes still having treatment.

Why do you think Kilshaw wears that arm pad!!! He doesnt know how to tackle below the neck.

#6 pluto

pluto
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

If you were at the game did you see the contact? because as i said i had a very good view of it but did'nt see it, it happened so fast, i've not seen the video but if it was an intentional forearm smash then he deserves to be banned. But from what i saw he kicked the ball over the top, it bounced to the right when it landed, away from Kilshaw and to the defender, i thought the most he could have done is stick an arm out at the last second, instinctively, but if the video shows different, then the camera never lies. Hope the lad makes a full recovery and gets back playing.

#7 eastlad

eastlad
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

It wasnt a forearm smash. The lad stepped inside, Lyndon tackled him and Kilshaw high tackled him at the same time. As he hit the floor, the back of his head smacked against the floor. As he was on the floor he started fitting. The lad was stable after 20 mins and the ambulance took him away.

Yes - Kilshaw did hit him high and yes he deserved to be sent off but no bones were broken. It was just unfortunate the lad had a fit on the floor. If he hadnt then it wouldnt of looked half as bad.

If you look at other cases - Rangi Chase breaking someones jaw and getting 3 games! then this is a shocking ban.

How can you justify a years ban for a high tackle?

Yes he has been sent off but we have seen much worse on a field. Brawls etc where blokes are intending on hurting other people, raised elbows, knees, gouging etc dont bring anywhere near that sort of ban.

And incidently he wears the arm pad from the broken arm he sustained in the 2010 National Cup Final.

As pluto says - Kilsh is no angel but also, what about the amount of stick he has taken over the years. In his younger days especially when the game was much more thuggish and rough, players would regularly give him high shots and try and take him out.

I really hope this isnt the league taking it out on him for the recent fiasco re the Skirlaugh game.

It is a sad state of affairs when the league is possibly forcing one of the best amature players of recent years out of the game. Surely a few games ban would have been more than enough for a high tackle?

#8 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:46 PM

It said on the disciplinary the evidence consider was the DVD Recording with no other representation from the Player or Club. Nature of the Offence was Reckless High Tackle + Severity of Offence + Previous Record.

Duke - John Young got Sending off Sufficient - any other outcome in that case would have been wrong. I'm suprised they even found him guilty, the ref lost the plot with that one!

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#9 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,218 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

So he has lost his right of appeal because nobody from the club represented him rather than it being an added stipulation of the NCL disciplinary. Irrespective it still seems a harsh punishment!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#10 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

I have known Killshaw for many years and let me say that the lad as taken some cheap shots over the years . He as been a target man for opposition teams for many years , yes he as a problem with is tackling technique but he gets it right 90% of the time . I've seen the video and yes it's a red for sure but I've worse high tackles many times this year . It was not a forearm smash , it was a mistimed arm out and he did not even swing it . 12 months is a joke for a lad who as been in the Ncl since he was 16 yrs of age . Looks like they have it in for Leigh east at the moment but they will take it

#11 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

Edited by terryg, 18 October 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#12 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

After watching a few times I have to say, in my opinion, that there does seem to be distinct movement in his arm. It was quite rightly a red card and deserves a couple of game ban but to suspend the lad for a year is nothing short of a disgrace. I hope easts find a way to appeal and the disciplinary commitee see sense.

#13 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Why do you think Kilshaw wears that arm pad!!! He doesnt know how to tackle below the neck.

Kilsh broke his right forearm in the first twenty minutes of the 2010 National cup final against Queens, hence the padding.
Check which arm made impact

Edited by terryg, 18 October 2012 - 08:22 PM.

#14 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

After watching that i wouldnt say it warrants a year ban, hope the lad is ok

what where his previous indiscressions?

#15 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

Even more publicity for east , sponsors queuing at the door ha ha

#16 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

Question did St Pats produce DVD evidence if so could that be made available ? Personally i dont think that deserves the ban Kilsh got, unless the Discipline committee have taken previous sending offs into account.

High shots are cheap and should be punished but have the NCL not set a precedent with this 12 month ban ?

#17 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:37 PM

Question did St Pats produce DVD evidence if so could that be made available ? Personally i dont think that deserves the ban Kilsh got, unless the Discipline committee have taken previous sending offs into account.

High shots are cheap and should be punished but have the NCL not set a precedent with this 12 month ban ?

The only DVD evidence would be from this DVD, which this clip is off.
Full match here

#18 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

Look at kilsh reaction and the st pats lads , going to be some big bans after this

#19 boselecta

boselecta
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Were's the forearm smash ?? Although I don't condone it, it was a high shot and the impact of the other defender wouldn't of helped the lad either. It was a sending off but 12 months ???? Very harsh. Hope the pats lad has recovered ok.
ooooh ya minge teasin #### ya !!

#20 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

Its a deliberate / reckless high tackle - 6 matches. add a few more if he has a poor disciplinary record

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users