Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

ncl discipline minutes 15th oct

daniel kilshaw leigh east

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

Were's the forearm smash ?? Although I don't condone it, it was a high shot and the impact of the other defender wouldn't of helped the lad either. It was a sending off but 12 months ???? Very harsh. Hope the pats lad has recovered ok.

The ref had the best view did his report suggest a forearm smash. ? I think 12 months is way over the top for what i can make out on that footage..

#22 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:04 PM

Kilsh took a late high shot around 51mins two wrongs dont make a right and yes he deserved to be sent off , but having watched the thing several times a 12 month ban does seem severe.

But like i said earlier if the NCL have now set a precendent on severe bans for head shots then good on them lets hope they are consistent and they apply the same penalty to everyone found guilty.

Edited by TaxiEgg, 18 October 2012 - 09:05 PM.

#23 pluto

pluto
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Now iv'e seen the video, it's as i thought, it happened very quick and he has stuck an arm out, it's a high tackle but not any premeditated act of thuggery, i don't know how they can justify a 12 month ban. Tackles as bad and worse happen almost weekly and theirs a penalty and the guy gets up. The resulting injury does'nt always reflect the foul, especially in a high speed physical game. Look at the super league ref who had a badly broken leg from a nothing incident last season.

#24 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 577 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

Kilsh took a late high shot around 51mins two wrongs dont make a right and yes he deserved to be sent off , but having watched the thing several times a 12 month ban does seem severe.

But like i said earlier if the NCL have now set a precendent on severe bans for head shots then good on them lets hope they are consistent and they apply the same penalty to everyone found guilty.

I'd forgot that one, just watched it. Actually worse than the hit by Kilsh

#25 boselecta

boselecta
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

Billy bison I was actually relating to an earlier post stating that Kilsh had hit him with a 'forearm smash' and that was by someone claiming to have been at the game. Certainly wasn't a forearm smash and couldn't even be mistaken for one. Like I said earlier and previous posts it was a deliberate high shot and warranted a sending off and ban but not so severely.

(null)

Edited by boselecta, 18 October 2012 - 09:21 PM.

ooooh ya minge teasin #### ya !!

#26 pluto

pluto
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

What about the Pats lad who headbutted the East player, the linesman comes on and clearly indicates it to the ref, then he runs back in and headbutts another player off the ball, the second just out of camera shot, but clearly seen by everyone as play was still stopped and the ref gives a yellow.

#27 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,030 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

A definite high tackle but I would say more a reaction than a deliberate act. The ban is far too severe for the offence and if the NCL disciplinary code sets this as a new benchmark then they will be deliberating on games of tick & pass in the future. Rugby League is a contact sport and tackles like this one happen, occasionally intentionally but more often then not due to poor position, timing or reaction. The NCL Management Committee should appeal the decision to reduce it to a more reasonable punishment of six games to prevent a shambles of a 2013 season which they can do without in the current climate.
I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#28 hunsletgiant

hunsletgiant
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:30 PM

I dont know anything about the lad or his previous disciplinary records, but it must be bad for them to give a 12 month ban for that. However it doesnt matter how bad it is, they cannot justify 12 months from what I can see there.

Did the club and player attend the disciplinary?

If this is going to be how it is from now on, teams are going to struggle even more, never mind weddings and holidays half the players will be banned. Once again - absolute joke.

#29 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Apparently no appearance at the Discipline hearing from Leigh East which I find strange , everybody in the game knows if you do not make an appearance at the original hearing then you lose your right of appeal .

Think its fair to say there is a groundswell of opinion that the punishment does not fit the crime so to speak , so why cant for the discipline panel review the decision or perhaps if someone from the panel at least give an explination as to the severity.

Read below the RFL GUIDLINES where does a twelve month ban fit in , something is quite clearly wrong with this decision.

http://www.therfl.co...012 - Final.pdf

#30 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,756 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

I'd forgot that one, just watched it. Actually worse than the hit by Kilsh

There are things that go on in that game that go un punished so i am wondering did the panel watch the whole DVD ?

#31 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:45 AM

I dont know anything about the lad or his previous disciplinary records, but it must be bad for them to give a 12 month ban for that. However it doesnt matter how bad it is, they cannot justify 12 months from what I can see there.

If this is going to be how it is from now on, teams are going to struggle even more, never mind weddings and holidays half the players will be banned. Once again - absolute joke.

From our own personal experience, there is no doubt that if you appear before the Committee they do appear to take a more favourable view on events. Not sure why, mind you, as this leads to inconsistencies in the bans handed out, in my opinion anyway :rolleyes: .

#32 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

I don't think they had a personal appearance because they thought he might get a 6 or 8game ban and he thought fair enough I deserve it,but kilsh is on about retiring now and to me that's not right when there's videos showing lads running in on brawls and late tackles which are far worse than a reaction tackle like the one kilsh did

#33 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

I don't think they had a personal appearance because they thought he might get a 6 or 8game ban and he thought fair enough I deserve it,but kilsh is on about retiring now and to me that's not right when there's videos showing lads running in on brawls and late tackles which are far worse than a reaction tackle like the one kilsh did

I was told on Wednesday night that the lad in question is still suffering fits. After the incident the lad was hospitalised till Sunday night.
Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#34 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,799 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:01 AM

Apparently no appearance at the Discipline hearing from Leigh East which I find strange , everybody in the game knows if you do not make an appearance at the original hearing then you lose your right of appeal .

Think its fair to say there is a groundswell of opinion that the punishment does not fit the crime so to speak , so why cant for the discipline panel review the decision or perhaps if someone from the panel at least give an explination as to the severity.

Read below the RFL GUIDLINES where does a twelve month ban fit in , something is quite clearly wrong with this decision.

http://www.therfl.co...012 - Final.pdf

Who know sits on the disciplinary panel these days, is it still the same guys?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#35 sbull

sbull
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Were's the forearm smash ?? Although I don't condone it, it was a high shot and the impact of the other defender wouldn't of helped the lad either. It was a sending off but 12 months ???? Very harsh. Hope the pats lad has recovered ok.

first time i have seen the video but are you trying to say he doesnt bring his arm back and deliberetely smash him?? watch it again, your not a ref are you ???
bit harsh a 12 month ban and he admitted to some of the spectators on his way off he deserved to go, the ban must reflect his previous record

#36 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

The 12 month ban is a disgrace for Dan Kilshaw who has given 24 years of his life to amateur Rugby League and Leigh East ARLFC.He has represented his country on numerous occasions and is probably the best amateur player in the country.
This is certainly not the best way to end such a prestigious career,,,,,,
He has always been a target on the Rugby field and spectators have turned up to watch the game as Kilsh was playing and bayed for his blood.
I think the NCL have to reconsider this judgement as we are going to have no players playing if this is the way they are going to do things..... I realise that the lad in the tackle from Pats had a fit,,,, is he epileptic,???,,, did the club know this,,,???, the tackle may not have caused the fit???

the discipline committee have not watched the game , but as the guidelines say all evidence must be used ,,, and when giving such a hefty ban ALL EVIDENCE should have been used..

Lets hope the NCL see sense

#37 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

first time i have seen the video but are you trying to say he doesnt bring his arm back and deliberetely smash him?? watch it again, your not a ref are you ???
bit harsh a 12 month ban and he admitted to some of the spectators on his way off he deserved to go, the ban must reflect his previous record

I cant see how his prevous record can be so bad as to justify 12 months and having watched the video the player does seem instantly remorseful about the tackle what happened to the player is unfortunate but should not be a massive factor when deciding the punishment
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#38 hunsletgiant

hunsletgiant
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:49 PM

Firstly I hope the lad makes a full recover, however I don't think that this should reflect on the punishment. I am no medical expert but fitting is not normally a result of being hit in the face, broken jaw, nose etc is, therefore I would suggest the lad may have had a condition he knew or didnt know about.

With regards to Kulshaws disciplinary record. If he has played in the pack for so many years he will have picked up a few cards here and there, especially if he is as popular as he sounds. However the best forwards in the game are the same, Peacock, Morley, Mcdermott, Fielden etc. It goes with the territory im afraid.

Ive seen players spit at middle aged female fans, players stamp on opposition players head and blind side opposition players (that was just in one game) and guess what nothing came of it.

However you cant escape the fact that Leigh East and the player himself have been slack by not attending (or di they set off and the bus broke down?)

#39 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Another point regarding the 12 month ban. are Liegh East running a open age winter? If they are say the ncl thinking may have been if we give him 10/12 match ban these would be served with the winter side and he gets away with it.

#40 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

Another point regarding the 12 month ban. are Liegh East running a open age winter? If they are say the ncl thinking may have been if we give him 10/12 match ban these would be served with the winter side and he gets away with it.

well they could have banned him till say April to stop that,but to ban him for a full season is a joke,iv seen lads taken out intentionally and premeditated not get banned that long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users