daniel kilshaw leigh east

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

What a joke, 12 months is ridiculous yes its high but 12 months? Kilshaw must of shagged the panels daughters to get that ban iv seen much worse that hasn't even received red cards
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#42 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

well they could have banned him till say April to stop that,but to ban him for a full season is a joke,iv seen lads taken out intentionally and premeditated not get banned that long

Kaykie in a earlier post i wrote i thought 12 months ban was harsh. I was justing trying see it from all angles.Liegh East and the player mite have viewed the winter side as thier get out of jail card. Hence not asking for personel appearance.

#43 pluto

pluto
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

If the panel have not seen the video what have they based their decision on, the refs report? what has he said to make them come up with that decision? has he said he took him out with a forearm smash? as someone said earlier in this thread, because thats clearly wrong. Did the ref really see what happened? i had a great view and did'nt nor any of the people around me, it took me a few views of the video to see properly what happened. I think the ref has guessed what happened based on the injury. He did'nt get a lot right in the rest of the game either, but then right or wrong they will back the ref.

Perhaps if the ref in question reads this forum and has viewed the video he could contact someone to have it looked at again, i don't know if thats possible. It takes a big man to admin he has made a mistake, but if this is based on his report........

Edited by pluto, 19 October 2012 - 02:40 PM.

#44 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

apparently refs report states ' High tackle but not malicious'

Were is samsung ???? very quiet on this thread..... ????? can you enlighten us ???

#45 pluto

pluto
  • Players
  • 75 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

it was a fore arm smash to one of the young lads who was trying to gather a high ball and then he landed on his head, its on vedio, i was at the game but personally not seen the vidio but been told it was pretty bad. the lads not played since and i think hes still having treatment.

No forearm smash and no high ball, the ball bounced up into his hands off a little dink over the top, were you really there?

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 19 October 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#46 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

Another point regarding the 12 month ban. are Liegh East running a open age winter? If they are say the ncl thinking may have been if we give him 10/12 match ban these would be served with the winter side and he gets away with it.

Suspensions have to be served with the league he was playing in and also stops him from playing in anyother league, We found this out years ago when we had teams in the Hull League and West Yorkshire League during the 80's.

BARLA stopped allowing permit players because one had received a long bad at the end of the BARLA season, however the RFL overturned this bad so the permit player could go back to his pro club, just a thought but why couldn't BARLA overturn this suspension and allow Dan Kilshaw to play in the winter?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#47 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

The 12 month ban is a disgrace for Dan Kilshaw who has given 24 years of his life to amateur Rugby League and Leigh East ARLFC.He has represented his country on numerous occasions and is probably the best amateur player in the country.
This is certainly not the best way to end such a prestigious career,,,,,,
He has always been a target on the Rugby field and spectators have turned up to watch the game as Kilsh was playing and bayed for his blood.
I think the NCL have to reconsider this judgement as we are going to have no players playing if this is the way they are going to do things..... I realise that the lad in the tackle from Pats had a fit,,,, is he epileptic,???,,, did the club know this,,,???, the tackle may not have caused the fit???

the discipline committee have not watched the game , but as the guidelines say all evidence must be used ,,, and when giving such a hefty ban ALL EVIDENCE should have been used..

Lets hope the NCL see sense

How do you know the discipline committee have not watched the game? How do you know all evidence has not been used?

#48 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Has it ????

Probably not looking at the posts on this forum ,,,,,

#49 billybison

billybison
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:15 PM

Suspensions have to be served with the league he was playing in and also stops him from playing in anyother league, We found this out years ago when we had teams in the Hull League and West Yorkshire League during the 80's.

BARLA stopped allowing permit players because one had received a long bad at the end of the BARLA season, however the RFL overturned this bad so the permit player could go back to his pro club, just a thought but why couldn't BARLA overturn this suspension and allow Dan Kilshaw to play in the winter?

Think you have got this one wrong Marauder i know of players who have served NCL bans with summer clubs and i know of one player who got 8 matches ban playing summer 2011 and he missed the four games of the new ncl season completing his ban. This may come as a shock Marauder but Barla dont control the NCL.

#50 super_reff

super_reff
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

Bizzare decision.
www.procompress.co.uk

#51 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

has danny kilshaw got a bad disciplinary record? this has been taken into account apparantly.

#52 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

How many gamas do they add for a bad record?
I understood it to be whatever was the maximum for the category of offence. First time offender gets minimum number of games.
How can the committee impose higher bans withot approval from the league management or rfl

#53 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

the discipline committee have not watched the game ,

The disciplinary committee watched the game in full...

#54 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Absolutley fantastic !!!!!

Now - How the hell did they get a 12 month ban from ?????

What would Rangi Chase have been given off this panel ?????? :blink:

#55 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,728 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

I am led to belive that an edited version was supplied to the panel and by that i mean the incident was done in slow motion, could anyone confirm that that was the case because i have always been under the impression that edited evidence is not allowed.

There is a bad smell developing over this decision .

#56 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

The original clip of the incident had sliw mo following the short clip. Appears that they only watched the clip and not an unedited version.

#57 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,052 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Can someone post the slow mo version as it does seem to happen very quick maybe the slow mo shows it to be worse, even so 12 months?
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#58 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:48 PM

How do you know the discipline committee have not watched the game? How do you know all evidence has not been used?

The punishment seems to suggest they came to the decision by phone from; The Rose & Crown, Dog & Duck, White Hart & Strangeways
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#59 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Can someone post the slow mo version as it does seem to happen very quick maybe the slow mo shows it to be worse, even so 12 months?

The original with slowmo is just re-encoding. Go back to the original clip and it should be on shortly.
Obvious sending off, the impact of the tackle drove the players head to the ground.
I spoke to the Pats coach about it and the issue we both had was that East seconds had three games left to play which would count on the suspension. A suspension of three or six NCL matches is the obvious one.

#60 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:18 PM

Seems a bit over the top and the ban in the extreme to me , I've had to watch the video a few times to weigh up what went on and at first thought it was Lyndon Robertson that had got him with a good hard tackle with Danny Kilshaw catching the lad with a lazy arm thats come up off the lads chest and caught him round his neck , but it all happens to quick to be premeditated as they were both going for the ball , And from reports off here the lad has hit his head on the ground which hasn't done him any favours .
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been on the wrong end of worse tackles than that and nothing at all given . So after watching the full match Kilsh's reaction shows it was an accident , and some of what follows should have saw more cards shown .

Not wanting to trivialise foul play but does anyone after viewing that video think that it warrants a possible 30 odd game ban and forced early retirement for a once respected NCL player ? ........ You have to be respected to be on the recieving end of some of the treatment Kilsh gets dealt .

Not an excuse but lets be fair , is Danny getting the ###### end of the stick for the Skirlaugh fiasco ? .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users