Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

ncl discipline minutes 15th oct

daniel kilshaw leigh east

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Don't suppose they mentioned the abuse kilsh got from some people via mobile phone after the game , was the panel told that , I really hope the youngster gets well soon and if you know kilsh he would be saying the same . Kilsh is a tough lad and never moans about the stick he gets on and off the field . Who is on the disciplinary panel can someone tell me

#62 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

The panel will be listed on the outcome Keith. East should be criticised for not attending the disciplinary another bad error of judgement you can not assume anything and committees see non attendance as either an admission of guilt or contempt. Either way KIlsh is the loser and possibly a sad end to a colourful career .

#63 Cantona

Cantona
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

The slow-mo does look more damning until you take into context its only tenths of a second from the winger taking the ball and getting tackled , and also that he's turning and ducking into a lazy off balance tackle when he's caught by two players .

Accidental high tackle ........... - 3 matches for me

#64 barbara henderson

barbara henderson
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Don't suppose they mentioned the abuse kilsh got from some people via mobile phone after the game , was the panel told that , I really hope the youngster gets well soon and if you know kilsh he would be saying the same . Kilsh is a tough lad and never moans about the stick he gets on and off the field . Who is on the disciplinary panel can someone tell me

All the more reason why Easts should have put in a personal hearing I would think. :huh:

#65 LeeF

LeeF
  • Coach
  • 782 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Just had a good look at the video and it's a very bad tackle - straight red definitely no excuses

The 12 month ban seems harsh but what is the " previous"?

#66 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 421 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:02 AM

Who is on the disciplinary panel can someone tell me

The panel was Tony Johnson, Alfrieda kindon, Allan Hemingway and Tony McElroy

#67 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

Kaykie in a earlier post i wrote i thought 12 months ban was harsh. I was justing trying see it from all angles.Liegh East and the player mite have viewed the winter side as thier get out of jail card. Hence not asking for personel appearance.

#68 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:29 AM

east never thought about Danny getting rid of his ban in winter they just thought he'd get 6 to 8 matches,if they thought he would have got 12 months they would have made a personal,iv played open age for 25 years and never know anyone get 12 months for a reaction tackle,yes it was high and deserved a red card but it wasn't premeditated and he never thought he' d hurt the lad ,we've all seen worse on video

#69 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,048 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

Is this the highest ever ban for a high tackle? Iv known people kick a player in the head on the floor n get 8match ban
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#70 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:09 AM

Peter marsh of Leigh miners was given a priso sentence for an attack on a st pats player

#71 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

Ive seen players spit at middle aged female fans, players stamp on opposition players head and blind side opposition players (that was just in one game) and guess what nothing came of it.

Ah yes but that was against Queens so its like it never happened :-)

However you cant escape the fact that Leigh East and the player himself have been slack by not attending (or di they set off and the bus broke down?)

#72 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

East committee been caught out on a few occasions this year but they are a new committee and are volunteers . Think we will see a difference next year , lot of people offering there help for next year . Players , coaches and committee # willbebackstrongerthanever

#73 jananbillingsbarmyarmy

jananbillingsbarmyarmy
  • Coach
  • 268 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

just watched the video, its a terrible tackle but 12 months is taking the ###### im afraid

#74 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

Kilsh broke his right forearm in the first twenty minutes of the 2010 National cup final against Queens, hence the padding.
Check which arm made impact

What do you mean terry by 'check which arm made contact'??? It was clearly the one with the pad!!!

#75 terryg

terryg
  • Coach
  • 576 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

What do you mean terry by 'check which arm made contact'??? It was clearly the one with the pad!!!

If you were deliberately going to hit someone you wouldn't use an arm which is already weakened

#76 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:02 PM

Kilshaw is no angel and his past record confirms this.

Perhaps this was taken into consideration along with the nature and severity of the challenge.

#77 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

His so called weakened arm is always heavily strapped.
If his arm eas weakened surely he wouldnt still be playing, he certainly wouldnt lead with it like he does if it was weakened.

#78 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:03 AM

The lad has always had a bad tackling technique every time I've seen him, which makes it look a lot worse than it really is. Surely anyone being given a 12 month ban
it should have to be explained how the disiplinary panel came by their decision. I mean anything over 8 matches is a lot but 12 months!

#79 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,656 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Went with Danny last night . Would like to thank the Rfl and the Ncl for a fair hearing . Danny's ban as been reduced to 8 matches for Ncl games and 4 in any other league

#80 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,291 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

Went with Danny last night . Would like to thank the Rfl and the Ncl for a fair hearing . Danny's ban as been reduced to 8 matches for Ncl games and 4 in any other league

That's more like it.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users