TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Salford.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

#21 marshy1

marshy1
  • Coach
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

4 days to go and counting. :D

I think Barnie they may have till the 29th to settle the "small debt".

#22 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

Marshy, please dont burst my bubble. ;)
Dont worry, it will soon be Christmas!

Posted Image

#23 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

It's on the Salford Evening News' website. Just click below if you feel like gloating.

http://menmedia.co.u...ing-up-petition

#24 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

There's a new development reported this morning in League Express. The dispute with Steuer Gregsson is over circa £15k, but on hearing of the petition HMRC has alledgedly decided to jump on the bandwagon and in their case the sum owed is reportedly more like £150k. Creditors competing to get to the front of the cue.

All very sad in my view and shows the true depth of incompetance surrounding Barton, on behalf of both the City Reds and City Council.

None of this helps Swinton Lions one iota, beyond lessons on how not to develop a new stadium.

Bad enough for the City Reds to feel the need to ask consultants how best to make Barton work, let alone to do so after the horse has bolted. Their report must have ended like that joke about the Irishman who was asked for directions and said - "You shouldn't start from here". To have Steuer Gregsson issue a petition shows their input can hardly have been well defined and managed. Perhaps John Wilkinson took this route to get some "dirty work" done indirectly - easier to pay a few £s rather than lose face with the Council and long-term friends like Dave Tarry. He has clearly looked to limit the bill by putting some sponsorship into the package.

Council tax payers are a much bigger creditor than even HMRC, according to Salford Star receiving repayments on a £1m loan at a rate of £50k every quarter until 2017 on top of the £375k pa rent to play at Barton (they say the rent was originally set at £750k until Sale Sharks moved in).

One wonders what the Council's contingency plan is to recover this money in the event the Reds go under, as I doubt Mr Merry will have given that too much thought in his eagerness to get the place constructed.
Rugby League - great game, shame about the administration.

#25 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Cue?

#26 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Cue?

Rack?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#27 Paul Davidson

Paul Davidson
  • Coach
  • 586 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

Cue?

I think they're probably snookered....
Unless somebody can bridge the loan for them...they'll try to wipe the slate clean but I think it'll be another loss chalked up. How deep are the investors pockets.....and how big are their balls!!
I bet Merry went white when he heard the news that the Pinks were going to be battered black and blue by creditors. I wonder if he'll try to cushion the blow?
Some were green with envy when their stadium was finished but they're now probably tickled pink. There'll certainly be a few red faces around the town hall now ...... and a few brown pairs of pants!!
Happy baize!

#28 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

What a load of billiards.

Good effort Paul.

#29 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

ha ha brilliant!

#30 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

Unless somebody can bridge the loan for them...they'll try to wipe the slate clean but I think it'll be another loss chalked up. How deep are the investors pockets.....and how big are their balls!!
I bet Merry went white when he heard the news that the Pinks were going to be battered black and blue by creditors. I wonder if he'll try to cushion the blow?
Some were green with envy when their stadium was finished but they're now probably tickled pink. There'll certainly be a few red faces around the town hall now ...... and a few brown pairs of pants!!
Happy baize!

Top, top, top post mate!

Absolutely love it!

Spelly.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#31 THE PIMPERNEL

THE PIMPERNEL
  • Players
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

Does that mean that all their creditors will be rushing to get to the front of the cue!!! LOL (I'll get me coat!!!) LOL

#32 juliancaine

juliancaine
  • Coach
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

i'm wondering who's in the frame to take over, mind you for swinton lions to comment, it would be a little bit like the kettle calling the pot black.

#33 parky

parky
  • Coach
  • 283 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

It appears to be Securitas,maybe for punishment the fans are going to be locked inside Barton.

#34 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

Cue?
Rack?
What a load of billiards.
...to the front of the cue!!! (queue)
...it would be a little bit like the kettle calling the pot black (Pot Black BBC TV)

I've never heard so many obvious puns (intended or not) relating to snooker or billiards.

Just think what we can achieve if we all 'pool' together

#35 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

And not a single reference to screw shots / screwing it up..... what a polite bunch.

#36 PhillH

PhillH
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:03 AM

Paul Crone off Granada Reports would be proud of this string.

Edited by PhillH, 25 October 2012 - 08:06 AM.

#37 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

Well i for one still hope that Salford take a hard shot in the brown pocket.

Posted Image

#38 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

me to pal

#39 Barnie

Barnie
  • Coach
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Looks like they have got away with it. to say im gutted is an underestimation!

Posted Image

#40 greengrass

greengrass
  • Coach
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:39 AM

where have you seen that pal?