Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jamie Acton

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:43 PM

Town have signed ex oldham prop forward Jamie acton

(null)Q

Edited by wonky, 18 October 2012 - 05:44 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#2 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

good signing he is ex wigan aswell

#3 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Very good signing, our pack is looking impressive. He looked good playing against us last year

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:52 PM

Could be a gem of a signing this one . You've got to be talented to get into the Wigan youth setup , and in that playoff game he just stood out head n shoulders. Watched the DVD a couple of times and he reinforced that impression . Big and rawboned with plenty of aggression , real big scope for development .

#5 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,634 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

Adds a bit of youth into our front line as well

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Thacks , Dowes , Acton , Coward now then . Maybe want one more young prop to complete that set. Props are gonna really bare the brunt at the sharp end next year . Walne would still be nice.

Edited by DavidM, 18 October 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#7 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 8,011 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

Thacks , Dowes , Acton , Coward now then . Maybe want one more young prop to complete that set. Props are gonna really bare the brunt at the sharp end next year . Walne would still be nice.

Shacks can also play at prop if required. Looking good in the front row for next season.

#8 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Looking like we'll have a big, fast mobile pack next year.
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:19 PM

Yes indeed but I like Shacks out wider using his pace and skills . These two signings have somewhat overshadowed Paul Jackson ! I see Acton is from the outskirts of High Wycombe , and got a big write up in the Buckinghamshire Examiner when Wigan took him !! He played with the likes of Jack Hughes and Tom Spencer .

Edited by DavidM, 18 October 2012 - 06:23 PM.

#10 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

Is that him who got sent off with carter at oldham in the last few mins lol

#11 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

Well done town!!!

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:41 PM

And sin binned here for tripping .

#13 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

Is that him who got sent off with Miler at oldham in the last few mins lol

Fixed for you!
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Oh and cited for biting ...an eventful game but great to have that aggression and fearlessness to go with raw talent . Top acquisition this . When he was released by Wigan someone there said he would be picked up by a SL club . I see Cas enquired about a loan last year

Edited by DavidM, 18 October 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#15 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

well well well these superb signings just keep coming,welcome to Town Jamie.just keep your cool lol
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#16 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

i think this guy could well be our new "HEPI" just control his agression and he will be a winner.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#17 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,934 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Well done Town another great signing. Next season can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

All systems go on the half trail now to turn forward power into winning games

#19 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

This is another top class signing, welcome Jamie to Town, well done BOD, we are building a great squad for next season, CAN'T WAIT.

#20 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:47 PM

All systems go on the half trail now to turn forward power into winning games

agreed. Forwards win games by building a platform for the backs to work off, and we certainly need a half to create things off the back of our pack. Someone who will cause the opposition problems. We need a few more signings yet and i have every faith in our BOD to deliver.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users