Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Half of SL heading into oblivion...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:21 PM

and now Salford faced with a winding up order, thats bradford, cas, hkr, wakey all had financial problems in recent times, a sad state of affairs and god knows how london survive.The bottom line is we are a semi pro sport paying pro wages and its all gonna end in tears for the so called top clubs.
Posted Image

#2 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

It does my head in apparntly we have all got to rally around Salford now, well sorry but I won't be, we have to run Hunslet Hawks within its means and not over spend, meaning the future of the club is secure, and that's regardless of what league were in or how we are performing, win lose or draw Hunslet Hawks will not be spending one pence over what we can afford! So why can't everyone else do the same? The franchise system was put in place to stop over spending to beat the drop, what a farce, since the franchise system came in 3 clubs have gone into admin! Apparntly it's the rugby league family again and we have to save another over spending miss managed super league club, well I urge anyone not to, they need to learn an important lesson and have to learn the hard way just like Blackpool did two seasons ago! Where was the rugby league family then? Where would it be if we announced Hunslet Hawks were been winded up? No one would batter an eye lid, we wouldn't event get a retweet on twitter! If any super league CEO or chairman want to come and spend time at a well run club living within its means come down to Hunslet we will happily show you how it's done! If a bunch of supporters can do it anyone can! Or can they?

Edited by Blackpool Hawk, 18 October 2012 - 07:54 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#3 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

and now Salford faced with a winding up order, thats bradford, cas, hkr, wakey all had financial problems in recent times, a sad state of affairs and god knows how london survive.The bottom line is we are a semi pro sport paying pro wages and its all gonna end in tears for the so called top clubs.

I disagree, we are a full time sport with Chairmen that can't (or won't) count properly.
Posted Image

#4 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

I disagree, we are a full time sport with Chairmen that can't (or won't) count properly.

Well said Gav!

Also theres no need to spend 200k a year on an Aussie now, bring the kids through, oh wait a minute they have scrapped the under 20's :)

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#5 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:57 PM

And if you can't run a full time club on 1.5 million a year off sky you deserve to go bust!

#6 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

And if you can't run a full time club on 1.5 million a year off sky you deserve to go bust!

Hard to disagree with that.

#7 Ironhawk

Ironhawk
  • Coach
  • 738 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

Spot on Gaz
Posted Image

#8 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

Not rocket science to know that for salford to bring Luke Patten, Daniel Holdsworth and Joel Moon across on big bucks with crowds of 4 thou that sooner or later it would hit the fan.I can remember when Oldham used to do the same paying massive amouts for the likes of John Henderson and Derek Pyke from Leigh to name but 2, when i asked my mate how they could afford it his answer was steve, they are mortgaging the Watersheddings off and one day the Banks wont lend us any more and will pull the plug and we wont have a ground.How right he was
Posted Image

#9 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

..... the trouble is that all the rest of us are in danger of being dragged into this generated whirlpool all the while.
Certain clubs seem to manage their finances reasonably well, sometimes at the cost of being uncompetitive. To be honest it all wants putting in a big dustbin and starting again.

#10 pooliehawk

pooliehawk
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:32 PM

Blackpool I could not have said it better myself, and like your self as far as. as far as i am concerned they can go bust, and it might teach the leachers and greedy bstds that are the super league can go feck them selfs.

They could not give two fecks about the rest of us, so I for one hope they go bust, and let see them restart with no money and right at the bottom, and make them work there way back, but with limits....might teach all of them.

It is time the super league was re-organised, and bring back promotion and relegation...

#11 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:42 PM

looking bad for Salford, seem to be in a hopeless position.
Posted Image

#12 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Certain Super League clubs are running like a Premiership football clubs on Blue Square premier crowds, it just isn't sustainable. These clubs all get 1.5 million of Sky a year to fund their clubs, so only spend 1.49 million! Again its making a mockery of the franchise system. franchise = no relegation, which means no over spending to avoid the drop, REALLY?

#13 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

the RFL will step in and pull Salford from the brink......................... you watch................??

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#14 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:43 PM

A sport that has had too many meddlers;

#15 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Salford need 600k quick just to start the season.A right mess, the bottom line is wages are far too high in SL, maybe the wheel is turning full circle and Championship clubs may just be playing on a level playing field before too long.
Posted Image

#16 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Salford need 600k quick just to start the season.A right mess, the bottom line is wages are far too high in SL, maybe the wheel is turning full circle and Championship clubs may just be playing on a level playing field before too long.

Dont tell me, the RFL family have all got to rally around? :angry:

#17 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Rugby Leagues a brilliant sport , and a simple sport to follow , but the RFL have tried to make out its a national sport and something which it is'nt , and never will be...........MP's make mistakes and there out , but Red Hall get away with it time and time again , i agree with the comments about Chairman not knowing when to stop spending , and i'd agree with you Steve on the wages , go back to part time rugby , and stop following the Aussie's...........maybe Blackpool and Bradford can help Salford out , I know clubs went to the wall before SL , but it seems to be never ending these days.........

Edited by Blackbeard, 18 December 2012 - 02:59 PM.

#18 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Salford v Leigh friendly cancelled due to Salford injuries ;) ;) ;)