SL / Championship "Partnerships"

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#61 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:06 AM

I think it is for Dewsbury, it's not ideal by any means but clubs to a large extent have to look after themselves and do what is best for them.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#62 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:21 AM

Have you really so little self respect ?
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#63 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,257 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

I think it is for Dewsbury, it's not ideal by any means but clubs to a large extent have to look after themselves and do what is best for them.

there are a few from Dews who do not share your vision, not that that makes you wrong..... though I think you are!!!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#64 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

there are a few from Dews who do not share your vision, not that that makes you wrong..... though I think you are!!!

Wrong that the link up adds to the team ? Or do you mean in a wider sense?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

#65 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,257 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

Both, but particularly the latter.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#66 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:40 AM

Have you really so little self respect ?

Can you add to that? Why do you think that?

Edited by Ramite, 22 October 2012 - 08:40 AM.

[

#67 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Both, but particularly the latter.

I think there is a bit of a split in our forum if this will help the team or not. As for if this is better for the game as a whole I'm not sure. I think we all have different ideas on what even better would be. It may seem as if I am somesort of cheerleader for the whole thing. I am not but can see why Dewsbury in the current day have signed this deal. I would love for Dewsbury to have a great academy but to fund it we need success to bring the crowds in.This deal may or may not help us but I think it's worth a shot. It's also not as restrictive as some believe it to be or infact as some who are against it bizarrly want it to be.

[

#68 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

Can you add to that? Why do you think that?

I infer that you have little respect for Dewsbury as a stand-alone club and are happy to become a Superleague Reserve team.

#69 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:44 AM

None of that is true have a look for the facts.

[

#70 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:51 AM

just one question, do you think the rfl had your best interest at heart when they introduced this concept.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#71 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

No not at all it was done to save SL clubs money I think about 100k a year was the figure.

[

#72 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

i did make reference on your forum to prescription charges (started at 20p), and uni fees (2 grand). the point being, it may not look too bad now, but where is it gonna lead. it's all very well saying we can pull out if we don't like it, but not many club chairmen seem capable of saying no to the rfl.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#73 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

I think where it may lead to will depend ultimatly on the next sky deal. More money per club and SL may go back to a full academy. If not things will stay as they are.

[

#74 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

I don't think its a secret Fev have more money to spend on players than probably anyone else in this league I don't have am issue with that. I would love Dewsbury to be in the same situation. But people like your chairman are almost non existent. Fev on the up started with him do you think you would be where you are without him? Without him it could have easily been fev signing up to one of these link ups. Not everyone is in the same financial situation as fev. You disagree with the link ups but Dewsbury are doing the best they can with the money they have.

Impossible to say were we would be without Mark Cambell, its not just his monetary input, iv never known a man with as much drive and energy in my life, but a lot of fans have bought into it as well Oldrover and myself even went to Elland road to help bring some seats back although he didnt do alot as i dont think hes ever been on a big job afore, i know other people have done much more than us and still are. The reason i did that and spend all i can at Rovers is i have in my life time seen us win all the majour honours, and would like my son to have that same chance and not see us as a feeder team no way

#75 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,131 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Impossible to say were we would be without Mark Cambell, its not just his monetary input, iv never known a man with as much drive and energy in my life, but a lot of fans have bought into it as well Oldrover and myself even went to Elland road to help bring some seats back although he didnt do alot as i dont think hes ever been on a big job afore, i know other people have done much more than us and still are. The reason i did that and spend all i can at Rovers is i have in my life time seen us win all the majour honours, and would like my son to have that same chance and not see us as a feeder team no way

i showed you how to drive didn't i AND i built that power station where you allegedly work.

Edited by oldrover, 22 October 2012 - 10:58 AM.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#76 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

And they are where exactly ?

#77 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

No not at all it was done to save SL clubs money I think about 100k a year was the figure.

So you don't think it was done for you.

But you're still happy with it.

And you think we should look at the facts. <_<

:lol:

#78 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

That's it, that sort of thing starts and the top they set the tone and the rest of the club and fans buy into it. Once you have got it started it can push the club forward. But it's difficult to start.

[

#79 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

i showed you how to drive didn't i AND i built that power station where you allegedly work.

Sorry i work at Drax now not Ferrybridge, by the way Ferrybridge fell down didnt it had to be rebuilt by the right people

#80 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:14 AM

So you don't think it was done for you.

But you're still happy with it.

And you think we should look at the facts. <_<

:lol:

I'm happy it's the best deal we could do but I'd rather we didn't have to do it. The facts are on Dewsburys website have a look.

Edited by Ramite, 22 October 2012 - 11:19 AM.

[

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users