Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Jamie Bloem

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Riversiderontour

Riversiderontour
  • Coach
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

All charges dropped,
Sickening that innocent people are named in such cases before being put before the Courts.

I wish him success in his Refereeing career

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.

Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.

#2 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,457 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Cant imagine what he and his family have gone through. To be accused of such things and it being in print before any court appearances let alone conviction is a disgrace. Hope you keep on reffing despite this.

#3 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

shows why these things should be investigated in confidnece instead of the media trying to make headines. he should sue any paper that made false claims against him
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#4 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I'm not sure it's possible to keep an arrest, investigation or criminal charge confidential. If the arrest is kept out of the public domain how would anyone know to come forward with evidence that might clear the suspect? As soon as the authorities started making enquiries and asking questions the news would be 'out there' anyway.
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#5 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,213 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:36 PM

In rape cases it is illegal to name the "victim" but not the accused. To my mind, in these type of sensitive cases, people shouldn't be named until the case is proved and not just restrict anonymity to rape victims.

#6 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:11 AM

Absolutely.

Nobody should be named until its proved.

#7 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

yes and just think what David Jones has been going through since he was found innocent of trumped up charges
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#8 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:58 AM

In rape cases it is illegal to name the "victim" but not the accused. To my mind, in these type of sensitive cases, people shouldn't be named until the case is proved and not just restrict anonymity to rape victims.

Agree Completely !
UK law has a presumption of innocence until proven guilty, the UK press has a presumption of guilt until proven innocent.

A media ban should apply to all court cases unless a judge grants an order to lift it if they deem it to be in the public interest or if it assists either the police or the accused in the case.

#9 Martyn Sadler

Martyn Sadler

League Publications Ltd

• 2,863 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

All charges dropped,
Sickening that innocent people are named in such cases before being put before the Courts.

I wish him success in his Refereeing career

Jamie was never charged with anything, so they couldn't be dropped.

The police decided that the allegations had no foundation.

There is an exclusive interview with Jamie in today's issue of League Express.

It is quite an emotional read.