Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Registration

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

Can anyone tell me why the pennine league do not recognise the primary and secondary registration of players

#2 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,676 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

Can anyone tell me why the pennine league do not recognise the primary and secondary registration of players

The clubs voted not to accept it because they felt it could be disruptive to THEIR competition.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#3 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

The clubs voted not to accept it because they felt it could be disruptive to THEIR competition.

Arnt the clubs governed by Barla and should abide by their rules.Or is this a case of Winter teams deciding that they know best and do as they feel.

If the clubs feel it isnt right they should ask Barla to change the rules.

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,676 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Arnt the clubs governed by Barla and should abide by their rules.Or is this a case of Winter teams deciding that they know best and do as they feel.

If the clubs feel it isnt right they should ask Barla to change the rules.

Bye laws, just like the NCL had when part of BARLA and Cumberland also don't allow dual registration.

Are you trying to say the RFL know best :lol: Take a look at how many open-age games have gone ahead with youth players having to prop up squads, take a look at how many 2nd team, youth and junior games have NOT been played because of; 1/Having to fill in for open age players, 2/ kids going away for the weekends, 3/ Players being taken for Elite teams, 4/ A relaxing of transfer rules to allow the building of elite teams...............................................................AND YOU THINK THE RFL know what they are doing?

Could go on and on but it's been done to the death and if so called inteligent people can not see they have massive problems and keep on the same path because of an intense hatred of BARLA I can only see one outcome once the penny drops.

Edited by Marauder, 19 October 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#5 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:41 PM

are you also a mp as you seem to totally ignore the question and just spout about how bad the rfl and ncl are.

I personally don't see what the problem is with secondary registration and let players play where they want without been pawns in the rfl and barks Pennine fight.

#6 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:48 PM

Bye laws, just like the NCL had when part of BARLA and Cumberland also don't allow dual registration.

Are you trying to say the RFL know best :lol: Take a look at how many open-age games have gone ahead with youth players having to prop up squads, take a look at how many 2nd team, youth and junior games have NOT been played because of; 1/Having to fill in for open age players, 2/ kids going away for the weekends, 3/ Players being taken for Elite teams, 4/ A relaxing of transfer rules to allow the building of elite teams...............................................................AND YOU THINK THE RFL know what they are doing?

Could go on and on but it's been done to the death and if so called inteligent people can not see they have massive problems and keep on the same path because of an intense hatred of BARLA I can only see one outcome once the penny drops.

If the Pennine League and the Cumberland League dont Recognise the dual registeration and the clubs have voted in a bye-law to make this happen. should the NCL clubs just vote in a bye law that does not recognise the registration of a pennine league player and just sign them on anyway without the need of a transfer back to the NCL it will be something I will be asking at the NCL AGM otherwise it seems that the Pennine League are dictating to all the other Leagues who can and who cannot play for which ever team they wish. I feel the Pennine League have a hidden agenda regarding the reason for wanting players to transfer from the NCL it will be very interesting come February when the NCL clubs want to resign their players who have transfered to the Pennine League.

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,676 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

If the Pennine League and the Cumberland League dont Recognise the dual registeration and the clubs have voted in a bye-law to make this happen. should the NCL clubs just vote in a bye law that does not recognise the registration of a pennine league player and just sign them on anyway without the need of a transfer back to the NCL it will be something I will be asking at the NCL AGM otherwise it seems that the Pennine League are dictating to all the other Leagues who can and who cannot play for which ever team they wish. I feel the Pennine League have a hidden agenda regarding the reason for wanting players to transfer from the NCL it will be very interesting come February when the NCL clubs want to resign their players who have transfered to the Pennine League.

Do what they like, it's seems some players who have been playing summer with NCL clubs have just gone back to their winter sides anyway

The Pennine league are just working with the rules that have been in place for years & maybe they will play out the winter before going for a summer jolly.

Edited by Marauder, 19 October 2012 - 05:18 PM.

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,676 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

are you also a mp as you seem to totally ignore the question and just spout about how bad the rfl and ncl are.

I personally don't see what the problem is with secondary registration and let players play where they want without been pawns in the rfl and barks Pennine fight.

Lets see the tug of war the dual registration is going to cause and for what.

#9 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:26 PM

Do what they like, it's seems some players who have been playing summer with NCL clubs have just gone back to their winter sides anyway

The Pennine league are just working with the rules that have been in place for years & maybe they will play out the winter before going for a summer jolly.

And rightly so if they are just playing in the summer but their primary club is winter based that is what they should do that is what the dual registration allows them to do and what it is all about. So it can be all done without having to get a transfer saving both clubs a lot of paperwork etc. ( No Tug of War needed if the player wishes to change which club is his primary club he then needs to get a transfer ) But it is the players choice not any of the clubs or Leagues.

Edited by old papa, 19 October 2012 - 07:30 PM.

#10 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

I have to agree with Marauder on this issue. There seem to have been 2 categories of games hit by walkovers this year:

1. Reserve fixtures
2. Games in the September to November overlap

The former can be explained in part by the lack of restrictions on first team players meaning a reserve team can thrash someone one week and have no team the next depending on what happens at first team level. The latter is clearly a direct failing of dual registration. Both the NWML and NWCL have been very badly hit by it as quite clearly players can't play for both their clubs simultaneously.

Edited by bowes, 21 October 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#11 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

not many free weekends bowes for NCL reserve grade teams to fill up their team with regular 1st team players think it is more that some weeks the 1st team actually get their first 17 out on the park so the 2nd's also get a better team out. But to restrict player movement within a club is wrong the only time I agree with that is when the first team does not have a game there should be a limit on the number of players with 1st team experience allowed to play. other than that if the 1st team have a game any other player within your club should be allowed to play for your 2nd's. I can t see the YML or NWML changing this rule for next season it will still be any player can player for any team in your club.

#12 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:57 PM

not many free weekends bowes for NCL reserve grade teams to fill up their team with regular 1st team players think it is more that some weeks the 1st team actually get their first 17 out on the park so the 2nd's also get a better team out. But to restrict player movement within a club is wrong the only time I agree with that is when the first team does not have a game there should be a limit on the number of players with 1st team experience allowed to play. other than that if the 1st team have a game any other player within your club should be allowed to play for your 2nd's. I can t see the YML or NWML changing this rule for next season it will still be any player can player for any team in your club.

id agree, players can become '1st team' players over a 3-4 week period due to many reasons, ie injuries/holidays/form to regular 1st team players however once they (2nd team players/ fringe players) drop back down to 2nd team rugby they still class as 1st team men. this can happen to various players, ie different positions required at different stages of the season. a problem then occurs once too many players who still are recognised as 2nd team/squad men and play regularly in the 2nd team are all not required at 1st team level but all cant represent the 2nd team due to the amount of appearances theyve had at 1st team level. a 2nd team can have the problem of having enough players to play but cant select them all because theyve played to many times in the 1sts and still class as 1st team players. sometimes players class as 1st team players even though theyve played majority of games with the 2nds, it just happened that theyd had a spell with the 1sts but were now regular 2nd teamers, yet still count as 1st team. surely this problem needs sorting,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users