Registration

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

Can anyone tell me why the Pennine league do not recognise the primary and secondary registration of players.

#2 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

On another note, we have a team in the Pennine League ourselves aswell as our Conference team. Can we use players that are signed on in the Pennine team, but weren't signed on for our Conference side in the season that's just finished in the upcoming Challenge Cup fixtures?

I'd have thought it would be ok with it being next years Challenge Cup but I'm after some clarity if anyone knows?

#3 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:46 AM

On another note, we have a team in the Pennine League ourselves aswell as our Conference team. Can we use players that are signed on in the Pennine team, but weren't signed on for our Conference side in the season that's just finished in the upcoming Challenge Cup fixtures?

I'd have thought it would be ok with it being next years Challenge Cup but I'm after some clarity if anyone knows?

I believe the pennine are using the BARLA rules which allows (or did) 4 1st team players on the team sheet and I'd have thought your 1st team players would have jumped at the chance to play in the challenge cup.

Edited by Marauder, 19 October 2012 - 08:48 AM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#4 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

The Cumberland league also dont recognise it, we had a player have a brief spell in the 6 week summer break we had with Wath Brow and it caused a whole host of problems!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#5 casyorkie

casyorkie
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

I believe the pennine are using the BARLA rules which allows (or did) 4 1st team players on the team sheet and I'd have thought your 1st team players would have jumped at the chance to play in the challenge cup.

It looks like the Pennine League are using their own rules.Do you think this is right Maurader that the Pennine League ingnore Barla their governing body and refuse to accept secondry registration and insist any player joing from a summer team must do so as a transfer.

We all know Pennine are a big league but this looks like they think they are bigger than Barla, maybe winter rugby is going to pot if noone can control a league.

#6 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,804 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

It looks like the Pennine League are using their own rules.Do you think this is right Maurader that the Pennine League ingnore Barla their governing body and refuse to accept secondry registration and insist any player joing from a summer team must do so as a transfer.

We all know Pennine are a big league but this looks like they think they are bigger than Barla, maybe winter rugby is going to pot if noone can control a league.

No problem at all, remember BARLA allowed permit players but the NCL didn't and they never went to pot under the BARLA banner, infact I'd say they did a little bit better than they have in the last 12 months ;) Have the NCL accepted the dual registration rule?

BARLA have not issued a directive to any of it's leagues with regards to how they should implement the dual registration law/rule/RFL command and the Pennine clubs democratically voted "no"

Edited by Marauder, 19 October 2012 - 04:45 PM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#7 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

i thought that the pennine league were associate members of BARLA not full members, does this make a difference?

#8 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Primary and Secondary Registrations are in the process of being scrapped. It is obvious that the system wasn't working as the Winter Leagues took it upon themselves not to recognise them. I understand why they have done this and can't blame them for doing so. Now any player wishing to play 'out of season' rugby must complete a full transfer to their winter/summer club.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#9 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Out of season with who ? What happended to the RFLs " Four Seasons"

Amatuer players are not contracted and can play when and where they want and to try and suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

#10 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Out of season with who ? What happended to the RFLs " Four Seasons"

Amatuer players are not contracted and can play when and where they want and to try and suggest otherwise is ludicrous.

Point 1 - That is why I used inverted commas - as one person's off season is another person's in season and vice-versa.

Point 2- We don't need registrations at all then if that's the case. What a ridiculous statement!

#11 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

The point im making is what you fail to grasp is that an amatuer player can do what he wants and where do I say no need for registration , that is down to each league .

And if one league finishes then why cant a player then register with another amatuer league ? Nobody owns an amatuer player he plays voluntary .

#12 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Do us a favour and don't patronise me. I am more than capable of grasping that concept and I thoroughly support it.

I tell you what though you obviously 'fail to grasp' that there needs to to be some sort of communication between these leagues as suspended players or players registered with other teams could just walk out of the door owing a club fortunes and be accepted by another club. You seem to imply from your last statement that this is ok. Or at least you would support that for the BARLA leagues, but not the summer ones.

#13 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

The summer leagues are still Barla leagues albeit associate . And would still recognise the disciplinary sanctions of sister leagues unless you know different. It takes two to tango and the Ncl have not give a stuff about the leagues they all originated from . So take your summer shades off and look at the bigger picture the game is in a mess because nobody talks to anybody anymore . And the latest registration scheme of the RFl will further damage the amateur game.And do me a favour stop making things up about my quotes read them as they are intended not how you want to twist them .

Edited by TaxiEgg, 19 October 2012 - 09:04 PM.

#14 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:20 PM

The summer leagues are still Barla leagues albeit associate . And would still recognise the disciplinary sanctions of sister leagues unless you know different. It takes two to tango and the Ncl have not give a stuff about the leagues they all originated from . So take your summer shades off and look at the bigger picture the game is in a mess because nobody talks to anybody anymore . And the latest registration scheme of the RFl will further damage the amateur game.And do me a favour stop making things up about my quotes read them as they are intended not how you want to twist them .

He's a book worm mick , bit sad really staying in night after night reading the rules . Your spot on mick anybody would think these leagues own the player , no wonder our game is falling to bits . I'm with you again mick

#15 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

He's a book worm mick , bit sad really staying in night after night reading the rules . Your spot on mick anybody would think these leagues own the player , no wonder our game is falling to bits . I'm with you again mick

#16 kaykie

kaykie
  • Coach
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Bloody hell Mick and Keith agreeing lol that doesn't happen often

#17 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,767 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:09 AM

I know John I am beginning to question my sanity