woolston warrington wizards

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:16 PM

apparantly warrington wizards and woolston rovers are merging with a view to joining ncl for 2013. anyone know any details.

#2 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

apparantly warrington wizards and woolston rovers are merging with a view to joining ncl for 2013. anyone know any details.

You sound like you know anyway :) don't think there will be anything to go with Wizards in title to be honest.

#3 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:52 AM

Personally I think they should be called Warrington Woolston Wizards or Woolston Wizards.

Would the NCL want Wizards in some part of the name as they have joined up?

#4 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

Personally I think they should be called Warrington Woolston Wizards or Woolston Wizards.

Would the NCL want Wizards in some part of the name as they have joined up?

The NCL want good clubs that meet the Minimum Standards, i'd suggest that what they are called is largely irrelevant.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#5 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

The NCL want good clubs that meet the Minimum Standards, i'd suggest that what they are called is largely irrelevant.

Like fulfilling fixtures?

#6 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,903 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:31 AM

What name are they likely to take?

#7 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

What name are they likely to take?

Just going to be Woolston Rovers I've heard which is a shame as there are some genuine Wizard lads who are reluctant as no mention of them in the name.

#8 Icepop

Icepop
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:42 AM

Maybe the Wizard lads were such good wizards that they made there name disappear...........Magic !!

#9 samsung

samsung
  • Coach
  • 871 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Maybe the Wizard lads were such good wizards that they made there name disappear...........Magic !!

You'd think they could conjure up a better name than that.. boom boom!

#10 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

Just going to be Woolston Rovers I've heard which is a shame as there are some genuine Wizard lads who are reluctant as no mention of them in the name.

Brilliant. That new kit LoveRugbyLeague.com helped fund was money well spent then... <_<
Posted Image

#11 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:15 AM

Brilliant. That new kit LoveRugbyLeague.com helped fund was money well spent then... <_<

If I was them I'd continue to play in that kit to honour the commitments to the Sponsors... "WIzards" are still in the Challenge Cup, how does that work out for next year, will they be replaced by "Woolston"

#12 Icepop

Icepop
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:28 AM

You'd think they could conjure up a better name than that.. boom boom!

Looks like somebody else as well as me has too much spare time on their hands :-) but it does remind me about a girl I went out with from Warrington who had a F4nny like a wizards sleeve

#13 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 11:12 AM

If I was them I'd continue to play in that kit to honour the commitments to the Sponsors... "WIzards" are still in the Challenge Cup, how does that work out for next year, will they be replaced by "Woolston"

It's a nice Kit but sponsorship was only for a season wasn't it? Wizards will play in Cup on Sunday

#14 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 676 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:03 PM

Woolston failed to play their fixture on Saturday, will the link up have to be in Wizards name now or does that failed fixture not matter?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users