Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

LEEDS UNITED: AGAIN

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#21 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,679 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

The idiots Name is Aaron Crawley its now being published on all the sites and forums.Lets see how long it takes for him to be arrested?

SYP? :o

#22 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:49 PM

So, the author of the OP is at fault and Leeds are, once again, the victims of a witch hunt.

correct -and you know what...I could google "crowd trouble at [insert any professional football club]" and get as many links.

One fan last night was an absolute imbecile and the Leeds statement that was produced straight after kick off was smart, to the point and completely condemned the actions of this fool.

But hey, let's tar every Leeds fan with the same brush and, yes, let's have a witch hunt.

There is also such a sad irony in the OP when I hear of the tales coming from many of my fellow cas fans who dared to support their team in Featherstone not too long ago.
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#23 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,274 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

correct -and you know what...I could google "crowd trouble at [insert any professional football club]" and get as many links.

One fan last night was an absolute imbecile and the Leeds statement that was produced straight after kick off was smart, to the point and completely condemned the actions of this fool.

But hey, let's tar every Leeds fan with the same brush and, yes, let's have a witch hunt.

There is also such a sad irony in the OP when I hear of the tales coming from many of my fellow cas fans who dared to support their team in Featherstone not too long ago.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#24 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,274 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

I think that's fair comment Kenny, presumably if the word leeds had been omitted, or 'again' not used you would have reacted differently.

Leeds whether you like it or not have, amongest other clubs have a hugh degree of notoriety when it comes to violence and crass croed behaviour. Instead of singing gross songs about galattassary the sing a catchy little number about the runway of death sas I recall.

I haven't tarred every Leeds fan with the same brush. My son is a season ticket holder at United and he's as sickened by what he sees and hears all too often at games, and not just from Leeds fans. But he enjoys his sport and puts up with it.

there have been well recorded incidents of poor crows behaviour at Featherstone and Castleford. As far as I'm aware they have been freely discussed on the relevant forum.
I'm not in the habit of defending Featherstone Rovers come what may, just the opposite.
Keeping it local

#25 Titus

Titus
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

Don't start with your google's.
Your team has a woeful record, I've been in the middle of it at a club in Lancashire. You're real hard in numbers.

#26 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:40 PM

Don't start with your google's.
Your team has a woeful record, I've been in the middle of it at a club in Lancashire. You're real hard in numbers.

Wow, so you've only ever encountered trouble with Leeds fans and no other club at all?

Amazing
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#27 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

I think that's fair comment Kenny, presumably if the word leeds had been omitted, or 'again' not used you would have reacted differently.

Leeds whether you like it or not have, amongest other clubs have a hugh degree of notoriety when it comes to violence and crass croed behaviour. Instead of singing gross songs about galattassary the sing a catchy little number about the runway of death sas I recall.

I haven't tarred every Leeds fan with the same brush. My son is a season ticket holder at United and he's as sickened by what he sees and hears all too often at games, and not just from Leeds fans. But he enjoys his sport and puts up with it.

there have been well recorded incidents of poor crows behaviour at Featherstone and Castleford. As far as I'm aware they have been freely discussed on the relevant forum.
I'm not in the habit of defending Featherstone Rovers come what may, just the opposite.

I wasn't asking you to defend Fev, merely pointing out the irony.

If that one individual hadn't have hit Kirkland would there be such an outcry? No because Leeds sing some bloody awful songs and so do every other football clubs fans.

Remember the "always the victims, it's never your fault" to he Liverpool fans by Man U - I would say that shows the whole club in a much worse light than one individual being an absolute dick

One individual let the club down last night which is all some people need to drag up the past and have an already discussed witch hunt.

Posted Image

#28 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,274 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I wasn't asking you to defend Fev, merely pointing out the irony.

If that one individual hadn't have hit Kirkland would there be such an outcry? No because Leeds sing some bloody awful songs and so do every other football clubs fans.

Remember the "always the victims, it's never your fault" to he Liverpool fans by Man U - I would say that shows the whole club in a much worse light than one individual being an absolute dick

One individual let the club down last night which is all some people need to drag up the past and have an already discussed witch hunt.

mate it isn't a witch hunt

fan of notorious club enters field of play and attacks player. That's all it was.

It was you who brought the songs up

the past you mention isn't that long ago, and has now sadly become the present again

There wouldn't have been an outcry because singing the kind of songas and chants you mentioned are the norm, unremarkable and yes not just at Leeds United.
Keeping it local

#29 Titus

Titus
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Wow, so you've only ever encountered trouble with Leeds fans and no other club at all?

Amazing

And was I suggesting that? Grow some skin.

#30 Titus

Titus
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:08 PM

I must admit to having a personal distaste, not only for the fans of this footbal club, but for the club itself.
What a surprise that some nomark from an ex mining glassblowingtown would cry foul.

#31 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

I must admit to having a personal distaste, not only for the fans of this footbal club, but for the club itself.
What a surprise that some nomark from an ex mining glassblowingtown would cry foul.

And there we have the reasoning behind your posts - that says more about you than it does me.

I honestly had no idea that Harrogate had pits and a glass blowing industry. I shall make a point of reading up on it, in between being a vile animal of a Leeds fan of course

Posted Image

#32 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

And was I suggesting that? Grow some skin.

So you didn't get the point I was making then?

Posted Image

#33 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,274 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:59 PM

mate that's well offside

you know nothing about the guy

I've lived in Leeds for 30 years. I'm embarrassed by United's well deserved bad name. But so are many, probably most United supporters.
Kenny says I don't like Leeds, well it isn't like that at all. The sport that they play and this club mean nothing to me,but I don't have any bad feelings for those including my own son who do enjoy the sport and follow United. But to pretend there isn't a long standing problem, and to circle the waggons when anyone mentions it is a bit disappointing.
Keeping it local

#34 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,274 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

And there we have the reasoning behind your posts - that says more about you than it does me.

I honestly had no idea that Harrogate had pits and a glass blowing industry. I shall make a point of reading up on it, in between being a vile animal of a Leeds fan of course

http://en.wikipedia..../Colsterdaletha

tha knows nowt
Keeping it local

#35 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,370 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

I hate Soccer but I do know that its just not Leeds Utd that has problems . Fans from a number of clubs big and small. Millwall, Chelsea, Carlisle, West Ham etc are known to have a section of thugs who follow them not just Leeds UtdEven little Halifax Town have a thug element who go around causing bother. The latest incident was last weekend at Chester City where fans entered the pitch and fought with Chester fans. There was only a crowd of just over 1000 but it doesnt seem to stop a few idiots who seem more interested in being morons than watching soocer. Schalke v Dortmund today had hundreds fighting each other with the Police in full riot gear using pepper spray, water cannons, horses and dogs! Ajax and Feyenoord is anothger well known battle scene. Polish soccer is well known for hooligans.

#36 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,679 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

There was all sorts going on. The guy was not on his own..it was described as a "mini-pitch invasion". placards were torn down, seats thrown etc. Chants about Jimmy Savile, Hillsborough etc. On Radio Five Live, a number of eye-witness Leeds fans un-equivocally deplored the action of the Leeds fans but also pointed out that before and during the match large numbers of fans from both sides were inciting and intimidating each other.

Edited by JohnM, 20 October 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#37 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:15 AM

There was all sorts going on. The guy was not on his own..it was described as a "mini-pitch invasion". placards were torn down, seats thrown etc. Chants about Jimmy Savile, Hillsborough etc. On Radio Five Live, a number of eye-witness Leeds fans un-equivocally deplored the action of the Leeds fans but also pointed out that before and during the match large numbers of fans from both sides were inciting and intimidating each other.

The entire game is "sick". I have had many a heated discussion with soccer supporting friends who are decent people supporting the idea that cheering for the wrong side in the wrong end is somehow asking for trouble and being subject to violence in such curcumstsces is somehow ok. it's not. It's vile and I, for one want nothing to do with it.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#38 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,099 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Just one question,where were the "stewards" that are supposed to stop this type of thing happening.
Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#39 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

I do fear it is creeping ever so slightly into our game too
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#40 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,085 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

The entire game is "sick". I have had many a heated discussion with soccer supporting friends who are decent people supporting the idea that cheering for the wrong side in the wrong end is somehow asking for trouble and being subject to violence in such curcumstsces is somehow ok. it's not. It's vile and I, for one want nothing to do with it.

Hear, hear. Soccer it's endemically sick, diseased and corrupt from top to bottom. There are few, if any, positive stories that come out of the game anymore.

LUNEW.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users