Any score updates?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 hunsletgiant

hunsletgiant
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

I didnt make it today, been kept upto date by phone.

I know Mark Cunningham got a hat trick. Im sure biglad will be on later and he will be able to tell more.

#22 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

What a season for a very young Wath brow side no one picked them to win league but lots to go down!!!
Up the brow

#23 getemonsidereferee

getemonsidereferee
  • Coach
  • 853 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:59 PM

Skilaugh 24 Leigh East 22
It wasn't me, a big boy did it and ran away!!

#24 Guest_hairywombat_*

Guest_hairywombat_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

Well done Skiraugh, and unlucky Myton who have done Hull proud in their first season in the Prem.

#25 Ben10

Ben10
  • Players
  • 69 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:33 PM

Well done to the brow on a great season with such a young side. That might shut egremont up!!!

#26 labsy

labsy
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:07 PM

thatto 40 - myton 14 [ht 18-14]

#27 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Congrats to wath brow from everyone at Leigh east fully deserved

Edited by mr chairman, 20 October 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#28 big lad

big lad
  • Coach
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:45 PM

warriors were average today ,gave egremont too many yards thought penaltiies and we seem to want to play at 100 mph all the time instead of buliding the pressure
In Life, In Death, O Lord, abide with me
Have Faith, Have Belief

Posted Image

#29 Sandspine

Sandspine
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Is that acorn at the top of the league then?

#30 hunsletgiant

hunsletgiant
  • Coach
  • 240 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

Lock lane top on points difference. Acorn got one left to play.

#31 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:44 PM

acorn win league next week if the beat the mont they have ground out some good wins this year with today been one with the ref been massively bias the penalty count been about 10 1 at haft time and him been an ex millom player which is a joke si up the corn

#32 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,195 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

acorn win league next week if the beat the mont they have ground out some good wins this year with today been one with the ref been massively bias the penalty count been about 10 1 at haft time and him been an ex millom player which is a joke si up the corn

Is it not challenge cup next week? Who was the Ref? Egremont are an excellant team them v Acorn will be a great game
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#33 Bruce

Bruce
  • Players
  • 87 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Well done brow. Thought myton had it sewn up to be honest, but got a good hiding at thatto today. Should be a good playoffs. I'm going for thatto v brow final

#34 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Is it not challenge cup next week? Who was the Ref? Egremont are an excellant team them v Acorn will be a great game

#35 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Dont no his name defo a ex player tho i no that no ref want to ref their old clubs but he was terrible good luck to egremont they deserve promotion but cant see them beating the corn away

#36 old papa

old papa
  • Coach
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:19 PM

Mark Laing not the first time this has been said Millom seem to get him alot for their home games

#37 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Dont no his name defo a ex player tho i no that no ref want to ref their old clubs but he was terrible good luck to egremont they deserve promotion but cant see them beating the corn away

I would imagine it was Mark Lang.

If it was you must have played well as i have read the reports on Milloms home games when he has reffereed and they never get beat.

#38 bullet catcher

bullet catcher
  • Players
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Acorns defence won the game for them he was very bad like i said in the first half the penalty count was 10 1 at one point and think only one was for a high shot rest where for slowing down the play the ball and offside we was bit strange when there where laying oll over us round the rook and he gave acorn nothing. Then acorn kicked on five millom player clearly knocked on with acorn regathering getting tackled on there ten metre line he gives turn over even millom fans where laughing with embarrasment like i said he probably hates getting millom but he had a very bad game its hard enough going to cumbria with out that

#39 flatfell

flatfell
  • Coach
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:33 PM

Not many people Congratulion Wath brow on winning the league 🍻🍻🍻

#40 leighminers

leighminers
  • Coach
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Leigh Miners 18 v 22 Wath Brow Hornets

Wath Brow Hornets were crowned the 2012 NCL Premier Division Minor Premiers yesterday afternoon after a hard fought 22-18 victory against Leigh Miners at a packed Twist Lane, Miners made the perfect start to the game scoring after a couple of minutes, Wath Brow’s full back playing the ball to no one on his own line which allowed Ross Bradley to reach out from marker to ground the ball over the line, Josh Ward converting to give Miners an early 6-0 lead. Wath Brow responded with a try from winger Peter Caddy in the right corner to make the score 6-4. The score stayed like that for a good while as the first half flew by with the game being played at a fast pace, the visitors took the lead when Caddy went in for his second try to give them a 10-6 lead at half time after a tough opening forty minutes.

After the half time break Miners started the half the brighter and they tied the score up at 10-10 when winger Sean Pendlebury scored in the corner. Both teams battled it out after Miners had tied up the scores looking for the all-important next score which would help in their bid of finishing top. Hornets took the lead when they scored their third try on the right much to the delight of their supporters and there large away following was going crazy again a few minutes later when Leroy Joe scored on the left to put them 22-10 in front with the game now into the final quarter. With time running out for Miners they were throwing the ball around like a hot potato looking for a way back into the game. Jonny Carroll got Miners within eight points with a try in the left corner and that was followed by a try by winger Gareth Pain who scored Miners fourth try with just over a minute remaining to cut Wath Brow’s lead down to four points, Miners opted not to have a kick at goal to give them one last chance with ball in hand to try and snatch a dramatic late winner but it came to nothing as Wath Brow held out to win the game 22-18 and finish top of the league after Myton lost 40-14 away at last year’s champions Thatto Heath.

Miners are away to Thatto Heath next Saturday in the Elimination Playoff.

MINERS TEAM = J. Muir, S. Pendlebury, L. Gittins, R. Bradley, J. Woods, J. Ward, S. O'Brien, C. Connor, D. Jones, D. Kay, A. Thomason, J. Carroll, D. Rowlands, SUBS = G. Pain, A. Gorton, T. Farrimond, K. Howells

MOM = Lee Gittins

CONGRATULATIONS TO WATH BROW HORNETS ON BEING CROWNED 2012 NCL PREMIER DIVISION MINOR PREMIERS FROM EVERYONE DOWN AT LEIGH MINERS RANGERS.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users