Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Crocked

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

We have a few lads under the knife getting surgery according to the News and star. Why has it took so long to get them operated on? Lupton has been injured months and still hasn't had surgery. I thought they would have been booked in privately and sorted long before now, but there must be some reason for it as I'm sure it would have been done and dusted. I just hope it isn't getting done at Hesingham butchers shop or we might be a few players light come next season.
Surely Jesus Shackley could just run his healing hands over them and instantly cure them after his heroics with the old lady recently :lol: :lol: :lol:
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:39 PM

I read that about Lupton and that surprised me to . I think we need clarification on his situation . Six weeks ago the star said he had the worst cruciate you can get , then lately we have players and coaches mentioning him as though he's skipping and ready to roll . If its a cruciate which still hasn't been done he's a virtual write off ... Or have they discovered its not as bad . We're not criticising but we just want the info . Full communication on injury diagnosis and prognosis should be better rather than piecemeal and confusing. What about Rooney , what's his situation and ETA ? It's good to know who's gonna be ready when .... I had a major op down there and was out in a week then back in for a fortnight with a kidney infection so I see where your coming from !

Edited by DavidM, 20 October 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#3 Havenwarrior

Havenwarrior
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

Clubs like Town and Haven can't afford Private anymore, it's sitting on the NHS queue like the rest of us I would think. Many clubs in the Championship will be like this.

HW

#4 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I'm imagining Shacks in the USA Deep South Bible Belt in one of them big clappy churches waving his hands about ... Praise The Lord !!! You say you haven't been able to walk for ten years , I tell you you can walk !!! Praise The Lord !
Pastor Shacks .

#5 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,681 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Do our players not go to Oswestry for their ops?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

It's just communication isn't it as people have mentioned before. As I say noones criticising , no one has anything but good to say about the club or BOD , it's just slight confusion and frustration through lack of the full picture . That's all .

Edited by DavidM, 20 October 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#7 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

Rooneys had his successful knee surgery and will be back at the start of the year
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#8 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 629 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:28 AM

Do our players not go to Oswestry for their ops?

yea thats right.. thats were i had my knee done,few premierleague footballers go there too so its a top hospital...just a nightmare going 4hrs down the motor way for a 20min checkup!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users