Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Where do you think we,ll finish next season?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,494 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

Gonna be tough,anywhere above the relegated bottom 2 will do me but a fully fit Grimmer should get us above Barrow , Haven and possibly Donny imo though i think Worky will hold their own.
Posted Image

#2 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Steve rest assured Danny will be totally focused on regaining the form he showed in 2011 now hes been given the all clear by his surgeon and is raring to go believe me.Hist have done a great job in preperation for this season both on and more importantly off the field and must be congratulated for their efforts. looking forward impaciently to see who the rhinos will be sending over just to make the squad even more competative than it allready is as they have some really good young local talent who could atract some new support from around the area.The introduction of the Schools kit competition was indeed a master stroke by HIST in getting the local community involved with the club through the kids and they have come up with some great designs and it will be a hard to chose a winner (but the winner in the long run can only be the club itself)I for one have every confidence the the Hawks will continue to impress both on and off the field because of one thing TEAM SPIRIT throughout the club.
chappy

#3 morley-hawk

morley-hawk
  • Coach
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:12 PM

i think we'll be around 8th/9th/10th can't see us getting a play off spot, i just don't think the squad is up to that, i'd like to think we'd comfortably avoid the drop though

#4 FRISKY FILLY

FRISKY FILLY
  • Coach
  • 1,946 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

It seems pointless speculating on this topic, and the one naming your starting 17 for next season when our squad is not yet complete.-- the four from the Rhinos are still to come, ---- From the names given in confidence to me one will be ok with me but he isn't a goalkicker or a scrum half. In my opinion we need--
Danny Ratcliffe back from his operation and then getting himself match fit by playing with a amateur team.
A regular scrum half.
A goalkicker--- did note that a goalkicking scrum half left the Rhonos academy lately and joined Barrow, but he wasn't one we were interested in.
Some moblie back row forwards..
So lets have this debate again when our squad is finalised..

#5 number9

number9
  • Coach
  • 1,797 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

Think your putting too much on one player to be fair. Grimmer is a really good player no doubting that but from the games I seen last season you really lacked a leader, grimmer isn't a natural leader on the pitch he is a creator. Pity Baz cant get his boots out of the loft for one last season because there is your leader and your goal kicker 2 birds one stone as the saying goes. Hope you do avoid the drop because a lot of hard work has gone in to keeping the club going. Good luck for the coming season.

#6 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

Hmmm too early to speculate but the tea leaves tell me bottom three!

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#7 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

Until we see the full squad and see pre season games and how the new players fit in,can't make a comment until i see em play........

#8 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

stanningley if you're not careful
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#9 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

stanningley if you're not careful

Think we need a little more information oldrover doesnt make much sense really.
chappy

#10 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,306 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:26 PM

I wouldn't bother engaging with him if I was you...
Posted Image

#11 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:42 PM

it was joke suzzy, it's where leeds academy play their games. i'm sure you know us fev folk can see the funny side.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#12 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:43 PM

I wouldn't bother engaging with him if I was you...

knock if you can't go gav

Edited by oldrover, 24 October 2012 - 04:43 PM.

joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#13 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,493 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:19 AM

with all your past domenance in the championship are you feeling a tad threatened from the also rans with all the other clubs taking up partnerships with S/L Clubs Oldrover lol

Edited by suzzy, 25 October 2012 - 07:21 AM.

chappy

#14 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:16 AM

Its only a matter of time until they announce their partnership with Castleford Tigers ;)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#15 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:31 AM

with all your past domenance in the championship are you feeling a tad threatened from the also rans with all the other clubs taking up partnerships with S/L Clubs Oldrover lol

i think it's been getting tougher over the last couple of seasons and i think it will be even more so next season. i also think this is a good thing (still hope we finish top though). i want hunslet to do well suzzy, they have such a proud history and a lot of featherstone men are tied in to that. i don't do many away days now, but hunslet is always one of them. good luck to your grimmer for the coming season, i wish it could have worked out for him at fev, good player.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#16 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Its only a matter of time until they announce their partnership with Castleford Tigers ;)

it's been called off, they don't have 5 players of the required standard, they will have to become somebody elses feeder team.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#17 Blackpool Hawk

Blackpool Hawk
  • Coach
  • 5,487 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

it's been called off, they don't have 5 players of the required standard, they will have to become somebody elses feeder team.

Like it :D

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

"Nihil sine Deo" "We've Swept The Seas Before Boys, & So We Shall Again" "More than a club"

#18 Parksider

Parksider
  • Coach
  • 2,286 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Its been announced that Castleford Tigers are merging with Featherstone Rovers.
The New club will be called Castleford Tigers.

#19 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:04 PM

Its been announced that Castleford Tigers are merging with Featherstone Rovers.
The New club will be called Castleford Tigers.

:D
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image