Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

france v wales

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

Not exactly an exciting game I thought, apart from some big hits and one or two flashes from the french. The young french scrum half had a good game - william somebody or other - he looked a class player, and I for one would love to see him in a Rams shirt .......... oh :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :lol:

#2 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Grumpy, he's already played for us! When Wozza was assistant coach to the French team (I think it was at that time) we had him to help develop his first team experience whilst on loan from Catalans, He played one game!

His name is William Barthau.

Edited by Crown Flatter, 21 October 2012 - 12:58 PM.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

#3 potato ram

potato ram
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

Really?

#4 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

The problem with Will is he couldnt speak a word of english and understand the setplays ect... That why he only played afew games..

#5 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,561 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

The problem with Will is he couldnt speak a word of english and understand the setplays ect... That why he only played afew games..

more like we had a coach who couldnt coach him...or various other talents that disappeared from the club ;)

#6 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,595 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:09 PM

Grumpy, he's already played for us! When Wozza was assistant coach to the French team (I think it was at that time) we had him to help develop his first team experience whilst on loan from Catalans, He played one game!

His name is William Barthau.

You dont do irony then CF - thought the rised eyebrows might be a give away. :) I remember in his first game barthau came off the bench at stand off and weaved his way through the opposition. sam tomkins style. I thought then that he was a talent. Of course he played his next match (if memory serves correct) at fullback, and even had a game at centre - everywhere in fact but his favoured position. It does go to show that while it's not possible to make a silk purse out of a pigs @rris, with the right coaching you can make a pigs @rris out of silk purse. :rolleyes:

#7 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Wasn't Barthau living with Oliver Elima in his time at Dewsbury?

Edited by Kelsey The Ram, 23 October 2012 - 08:20 PM.

"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#8 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

You dont do irony then CF - thought the rised eyebrows might be a give away. :) I remember in his first game barthau came off the bench at stand off and weaved his way through the opposition. sam tomkins style. I thought then that he was a talent. Of course he played his next match (if memory serves correct) at fullback, and even had a game at centre - everywhere in fact but his favoured position. It does go to show that while it's not possible to make a silk purse out of a pigs @rris, with the right coaching you can make a pigs @rris out of silk purse. :rolleyes:

No, Grumpy, I didn't notice the irony (walked right into that one didn't I!) and I did think he only played the once. Don't do those smiley things either. You probably think now I wouldn't understand an oxymoron if it slapped me in the face. I am though, quite familiar with Spoonerisms.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users