Whats our standpoint

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Reading about various championship clubs "twinning" with SL clubs , I was wondering a) If Barrow are liable to do this :( (personally I hope not) and if they are who are they liable to twin with

#2 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

Reading about various championship clubs "twinning" with SL clubs , I was wondering a) If Barrow are liable to do this :( (personally I hope not) and if they are who are they liable to twin with

Not going to happen.

Posted Image

#3 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 794 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 01:51 PM

Not going to happen.

Good, I would rather we owned our players than be dependant on whether thier SL club wanted them :D

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,254 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:03 PM

Not going to happen.

Thank god. We're easily sustainable enough to survive by ourselves and not be a SL sides reserve/under 23s side.

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:30 PM

Thank god this isnt going to happen I was a little worried we may go down this route but I think it could be the death knell for certain clubs as we know them !

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#6 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 02:45 PM

Smacks of short termism for most clubs. Especially the soopa doopa clubs. I know we have had a few Dual Reg players and have benefitted to a certain degree but going all-in with the elite league is a mistake methinks.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:07 PM

aye the top clubs are only doing this for THEIR benefit that is for sure !

Lee Morton

#8 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

Im still undecided whether its a good or a bad thing for Championship clubs to link up with SL clubs. Surely, the improved access to coaching resources would be a benefit, but understand that people dont want to feel like a feeder club. What worries me most though is that we have yet again signed only to single year contracts, and have will have go through the rigmarole of recruitment this time next year. Really dont understand why we are rercruting promising youngesters without securing their future, think 2 years would have made more sense.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#9 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,180 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:17 PM

I would like to think that if these players perform to their undoubted ability the BOD and Holty/Aky will be able to extend the one year deals earlier than the end of their current contract .... hope so anyway ?????

Lee Morton

#10 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 469 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:55 PM

But then you run the risk of plaers being tapped up illegally by ther clubs, which shouldnt happen but does.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#11 Red Stripe

Red Stripe
  • Coach
  • 993 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

Im still undecided whether its a good or a bad thing for Championship clubs to link up with SL clubs. Surely, the improved access to coaching resources would be a benefit, but understand that people dont want to feel like a feeder club. What worries me most though is that we have yet again signed only to single year contracts, and have will have go through the rigmarole of recruitment this time next year. Really dont understand why we are rercruting promising youngesters without securing their future, think 2 years would have made more sense.

In case they don't live upto their promise & we end up stuck with them for an extra year.

Mike Liversedge

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users