Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Dickens to wakey

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:30 AM

Somethinfnon our forum from someone who is generally I. The know saying announcement should be today. Captain headbutt on his way ?. Anyone know anything ?. He could end up playing for batley if they twin up with them.

#2 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,951 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:36 AM

It's been doing the facebook thing for a week this one. Looks like the end of an era.
We move onto a post Stu era!
Got to say thanks to the bloke. Metaphorically, emotionally and litterally leaves a much bigger hole than anyone else has done of late!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#3 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

its in the RL express that he is retiring and taking up a coaching position. Good luck and thanks for the many happy memories. Still Captain Fanstastic.

#4 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

Shame we could not have given him a position bringing the second string on or something, he will be missed but good luck to the lad and thanks for being such a good leader on and off the field for Fev.

#5 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

putting head before heart, the time is right for him and us.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#6 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Who to replace him?

Let the rumours begin.......
The weak conform, the strong survive.

#7 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

Who to replace him?

Let the rumours begin.......

i don't know if there's one available, but i would like to see a young tough kiwi. like brendon only bigger.
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#8 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

I think Stuart's overall influence on the field was more important than his actual play (not that that was below par, of course) this year, everyone around him just seemed more intense when he was on the field and that's what will be hard to replace.

Think those who regularly watch the reserves will be interested to see if James Kitchen is deemed ready for a spot role next year. Still looks very raw (think he's 18-19 still?) and a lot will depend on his conditioning as he's a big unit, but oh boy, he could be some impact player off the bench if he goes the right way.

#9 GAZ1983

GAZ1983
  • Coach
  • 921 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

kitch is a rare talent mate but nowhere near ready fitness wise.massive hole to fill left by Stu but ive a feeling DP wont be sat on his jacksey.my choice for what its worth (and ive no insider imfo B) ) would be someone like Richard Moore rotting in Leeds reserves or a trawl overseas for a knucle-dragging samoan/tongan type chappie!......whats Hitro Okesene doing nowadays

Edited by Maureen T-k, 22 October 2012 - 04:02 PM.

#10 Bob Crowther

Bob Crowther
  • Coach
  • 2,661 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:12 PM

Good luck to him, whichever path he chooses. Disappointed that he did not find a niche at Fev. Always gave 100% and a credit to the game and a fine example to the young uns.Will miss his presence on the park.

#11 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

so stu is going to wakey good look to him he's a top bloke !! so the next question who's gonna be our next captian fantastic everybodys choce would be finny but not sure myself i think he needs to concentrate on his own game not everybody elses so who's next ??????

#12 philcow

philcow
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Thanks stewie i know life goes on but some how going to feel funny a fev team with your name not on ,it good luck mate

#13 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

It wasn't only the team that bucked up when Stu came on it was the speccies as well. We seemed more controlled and settled with his generalship. All the best mate, you'll be missed.

#14 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

so stu is going to wakey good look to him he's a top bloke !! so the next question who's gonna be our next captian fantastic everybodys choce would be finny but not sure myself i think he needs to concentrate on his own game not everybody elses so who's next ??????

jonny hepworth
joe mullaney is a god

Posted Image

#15 petesmithfan

petesmithfan
  • Coach
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:48 PM

I think finn is the obvious choice, but I would like to see briggs given vice. As it would give him a new focus after his disappointment at Bradford. And he has always been very enthusiastic

VIVA THE FEVOLUTION

#16 Jason Alcorn

Jason Alcorn
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Thanks stewie i know life goes on but some how going to feel funny a fev team with your name not on ,it good luck mate

Agree that the team will seem strange without him. However life goes on, all the best and thanks for the memories.

#17 plug

plug
  • Coach
  • 299 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

why not give ellis a go he seemed to get the team going when he was here last time????

#18 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,170 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

Is it confirmed? Can't see anything official.

#19 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,168 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

Is it confirmed? Can't see anything official.

Stuart as posted it himself on Facebook and it as been in the media
Im Fev and im proud

#20 sidnee

sidnee
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

kitch is a rare talent mate but nowhere near ready fitness wise.massive hole to fill left by Stu but ive a feeling DP wont be sat on his jacksey.my choice for what its worth (and ive no insider imfo B) ) would be someone like Richard Moore rotting in Leeds reserves or a trawl overseas for a knucle-dragging samoan/tongan type chappie!......whats Hitro Okesene doing nowadays

Have you seen Kitch lately Gaz? Was talking to him t'other day and he's lost the 'puppy fat'. 2 stone he said and the next project he has been given is to put it back as muscle bulk over the next few months. He said he is up for it and very focused, loving his rugby and wanting to break into the first team. Also he was training with the first team before end of season and they were complaining he was too hard to put down and too aggressive, :o.

That'll do for me :)
The weak conform, the strong survive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users