Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Chris Bryant MP

Expenses Lark Again

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:45 PM

How many of us on this forum, would keep their jobs if they 'wrongly' claimed their expenses?

#22 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,107 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

They didn't have enough evidence to charge him.

More evidence is produced in this report, but that is covered by parliamentary privilege so can't be used by the police...
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#23 metallithrax

metallithrax
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 11:29 PM

They didn't have enough evidence to charge him.

More evidence is produced in this report, but that is covered by parliamentary privilege so can't be used by the police...

Parliamentary Privilege - ###### - thieving scumbags should still be prosecuted.

#24 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

and now this- another cop to evade justice? http://www.independe...14-8278088.html

#25 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

I wonder if someone has released Bryant's name to the press because he's been giving Dave a hard time about embarassing emails and texts to Rebbekah Brookes?
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#26 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Maybe they have done it because he is a hypocrite

#27 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 14,906 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Maybe they have done it because he is a hypocrite

Justify that claim John. And while you're at it prove that Cameron isn't a bigger one.
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#28 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

Justify that claim John. And while you're at it prove that Cameron isn't a bigger one.

This week, Bryant has had a go at Cameron about inappropriate text messages. His own record in the electronic media is far more embarrassing.

Approx halfway down the page:

http://isupportthere...y-1-labour.html

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#29 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:08 AM

This week, Bryant has had a go at Cameron about inappropriate text messages. His own record in the electronic media is far more embarrassing.

Approx halfway down the page:

http://isupportthere...y-1-labour.html

Ah, so what you're saying is that because Chris Bryant did something wrong and he then brings to our attention something the Dave Cameron has done wrong, the thing that Dave Cameron has done can't be wrong because Chris Bryant has done something equally as wrong, or worse? :blink:

Were you never taught as a child that "two wrongs don't make a right"?

Edit: I would appreciate in future that if you must post links to sites of the BNP you please warn us first.

Edited by Griff9of13, 06 November 2012 - 09:09 AM.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#30 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

I didn't realise it was a BNP site; I just Google-imaged the famous shot and that was what came up. Even if the article is by the BNP, and I was genuinely unaware that it is, does that exclude it from being accurate?

Does your stressing of the word must by placing it in italics imply that you are accusing me of being a BNP supporter? I most certainly am not. I've also posted links from the Sydney Morning Herald and I'm not Australian either.

As for ' two wrongs don't make a right', I would counter that with 'people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'.

#31 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

something the Dave Cameron has done wrong,

remind us again... what has he done wrong? If it was this I'd understand, or even this but it isn't.

#32 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

I didn't realise it was a BNP site; I just Google-imaged the famous shot and that was what came up. Even if the article is by the BNP, and I was genuinely unaware that it is, does that exclude it from being accurate?

Does your stressing of the word must by placing it in italics imply that you are accusing me of being a BNP supporter? I most certainly am not. I've also posted links from the Sydney Morning Herald and I'm not Australian either.

As for ' two wrongs don't make a right', I would counter that with 'people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'.

If you didn't realise it was a BNP site then fair enough. My apologies.
"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#33 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Ah, so what you're saying is that because Chris Bryant did something wrong and he then brings to our attention something the Dave Cameron has done wrong, the thing that Dave Cameron has done can't be wrong because Chris Bryant has done something equally as wrong, or worse? :blink:

Were you never taught as a child that "two wrongs don't make a right"?

Edit: I would appreciate in future that if you must post links to sites of the BNP you please warn us first.

Is what Bryant has done wrong?
Fides invicta triumphat

#34 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,618 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 10:18 AM

by definition, yes.

#35 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:10 PM

Is what Bryant has done wrong?

Prior to being an MP, he was a vicar with a specific mission as a Youth Chaplain.

If you place his gaydar postings in this context, then, as a parent and grandparent, I would say morally wrong if not legally wrong.

It strikes me that, if he was my MP or a church minister offering spiritual guidance to my grandkids, I wouldn't give him any trust.

#36 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

Prior to being an MP, he was a vicar with a specific mission as a Youth Chaplain.

If you place his gaydar postings in this context, then, as a parent and grandparent, I would say morally wrong if not legally wrong.

It strikes me that, if he was my MP or a church minister offering spiritual guidance to my grandkids, I wouldn't give him any trust.

What if Bryant was heterosexual and made similar DTF postings? Would that make a difference?
Fides invicta triumphat

#37 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:48 PM

What if Bryant was heterosexual and made similar DTF postings? Would that make a difference?

Either way, if he was a schoolteacher ... a position of equivalent status and trust ... I think he'd have got sacked, and probably struck off the register.

Quite frankly, would you feel comfortable having him as a colleague who was acting as a personal tutor for potentially vulnerable eighteen year old students?

#38 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:50 PM

And those having religious office who have pledged to abstain from the 'sins' of the flesh have proved to be such excellent guides for the spirits and morals of the young haven't they?

LUNEW.jpg

#39 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 12,685 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:03 PM

Either way, if he was a schoolteacher ... a position of equivalent status and trust ... I think he'd have got sacked, and probably struck off the register.

Quite frankly, would you feel comfortable having him as a colleague who was acting as a personal tutor for potentially vulnerable eighteen year old students?

There are lots of people who use sites such as match.com to hook up with potential sexual partners. I don't think using them should affect someone's professional life.

Yes I would feel comfortable that someone could be a personal tutor to 18 year olds and use the internet to meet partners in their private life. Else celibates would be the only people we could trust (e.g., Priests).

Edited by Severus, 06 November 2012 - 03:05 PM.

Fides invicta triumphat

#40 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,560 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

And those having religious office who have pledged to abstain from the 'sins' of the flesh have proved to be such excellent guides for the spirits and morals of the young haven't they?

There are thousands of celibate priests .... Catholic, Protestant, Hindu, Buddhist etc. Just because a very minor proportion have dodgy characters doesn't mean:
- that all priests should automatically be assumed to be dodgy characters.
- there is no reason why those who give an an indication of being a dodgy characters should not be selected for sensitive posts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users