Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Stu Dickens

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Ackydave

Ackydave
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

I know that comments and compliments have been posted on another thread but I think it needs a proper show of the fans appreciation for the hard work, commitment and sheer joy he's given us over the years.
He has to go down as one of the best club men we've ever had.
Thanks for the memories Stu and best of luck for the future.

#2 andyc

andyc
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:52 AM

Here,here Dave. Good luck Stu.Some great games to remember
WatchED Rovers since 74-75 seasons,as mad about rovers 35 years on(the wife thinks i,m mad).
ROVERS ROVERS

#3 Stratobill

Stratobill
  • Coach
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:19 AM

Most definitely a future entry to our Hall of Fame, true professional in every sense.

It must be very difficult for him to leave after being involved with everything Fev for so long.

I am sure everyone wishes him our very best for his future and appreciate every joule of energy he has given us over his fantastic career.

I will treasure his Grand final winning shirt that he signed for me last month.

LEGEND

I wonder how long it will be before he returns as our head coach after his training at Wakefield.
Are We Human, Or Are We Rovers. Our time For Winning Is Here And Now, So Be Loud N Proud, Lets Hear You Singing, Are We Human, Or Are Rovers. They Play With Style And Virtue, Put Their Bodys On The Line, Always Battling For The Victory, They Always Did The Best They Could, Sing Out For Fev Rovers, Blue N White Is All We Know. Stand Up Proud. Swell Your Heart. You Gotta Let Them Know, Are We Human, No We Are Rovers

#4 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:15 AM

Thank you Stu for the great memories, for the blockbusting style, for the calmness under presssure but above all for the leadership you brought to the team over so many years.

You have been an inspiration to the whole club & have been a superb figurehead for the Rovers.

I believe you should be very proud not only of the massive contribution to Featherstone but also the way that you have gone about conducting yourself & the example you have set for others.

All the very best for the future & I hope you come back to us in the future!

#5 peterworth

peterworth
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:31 AM

End of an era. A great leader, player and bloke. Good luck with your new coaching career starting at Wakefield. Hope to see you back at Post Office Road in the future.

#6 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:14 AM

Does the new stand have a name yet? The Stuart Dickens Stand has a nice ring to it. Though I guess sponsorship might be the overriding factor.

#7 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Good Luck Stu and thank you for all that you have done for our club, you always managed to score a try when we needed one and never took a backward step, you will be missed, I am sure you will always be a Rover and look forward to you returning one day.

#8 Ricardo Taylor

Ricardo Taylor
  • Coach
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:05 AM

The last of the players from the Grand Final against Wakefield Trinity all those years ago. Probably one of thew most consistent players in the modern game to wear the Blue and White.
A true gentleman off the field and a work horse in the field of play. His best years at the club came with the present coach.
In the modern game not many players devote such a long time at any one club.
Must be a future addition to the Hall of Fame at some stage.
Thanks for all you have done for the game and Featherstone Rovers. Good luck at Trinity, you will be able to take that winning feeling to them.

#9 roosterbooster

roosterbooster
  • Coach
  • 197 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

Our loss is Wakefield's gain.

Goog Luck Stu, true Rovers legend.

#10 MADREDNIGE

MADREDNIGE
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Our loss is Wakefield's gain.

Goog Luck Stu, true Rovers legend.

GOOD LUCK Stu you have more then earned this chance at wakefield - THANKS for the memories.

#11 febreze

febreze
  • Coach
  • 105 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

ALL THE BEST STU NO 1FOR FEV
YOU,RE TAKING ALL OUR BEST WISHES
WITH YOU

#12 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Our official web site. 'In talks with 2 Super League players to replace Stu.' That shows the man's standing. Simply the best.

#13 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 01:07 PM

Our official web site. 'In talks with 2 Super League players to replace Stu.' That shows the man's standing. Simply the best.

Yeah heard matt James is one of them don't know who the other is though

#14 The Two Amigos

The Two Amigos
  • Coach
  • 183 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:28 PM

Maybe Richard Moore?
Come On Fev !!!!!!!!!

#15 rovergeoff

rovergeoff
  • Players
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

mr reliable

I have seen almost all of Stuart's games at home and many away. He always gave 100%. And the longer a game went on, the more he became a thorn for the opposition. He just kept coming. Very many thanks from the Bullock and Graham Gang.

#16 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 225 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:57 AM

Just a thought that occurred to me - he would be ideal for Premier Sports to use for their Championship coverage next year. He's articulate and he knows the division inside out.

#17 GARY....S

GARY....S
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:54 AM

Good luck Stu
learn the coaching trade at Wakey .sure Masky will help you along
"somebody pinch me I must be dreaming"

" TK ROVERS TO THE MAXX "

Posted Image

#18 exiled rover

exiled rover
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:52 PM

Anyone heard any update on the two SL players we are talking to for the post Stu era?

#19 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

Does the new stand have a name yet? The Stuart Dickens Stand has a nice ring to it. Though I guess sponsorship might be the overriding factor.

As you say, probably be called after a sponsor. But as we are buying bricks at the moment for the new stand how about extending your idea to a square of bricks in the centre of the wall commemorating Stu's career? That would be a fitting tribute.

#20 Andy Stennett

Andy Stennett
  • Coach
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:06 AM

Of late, we have been fortunate enough to watch really good teams and enjoy the success.

Within those teams Stu has played his part in the only way he knows giving 100%.

It's easy to let slip the times when we were somewhat average and Stu led from the front, on occasions keeping us in games on his own.

Being a great leader at Wigan for example, is no where as difficult as being a great leader in an average team.

For the best part of 15 years that is what we have had the pleasure to see unfold in front of us.

The various coaches only needed to pick 12 players as No 10 picked itself by the stature of the player inside it.

Tremendous player who IMO is a true legend for absolute effort and consistency over such a sustained period of time.

Many great memories,starting when he was only 18 in the 1st team and one of the best was him planting a smacker (no tongues though) on the Cas prop in last seasons cup game.

Thank you Stu.

Edited by Andy Stennett, 03 November 2012 - 07:12 AM.

Spanish Apartment for Holiday Rental in Spain Visit www.ownersdirect.co.uk
Ref: S8185
Mobile 07738 528178

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users