Disciplinary Leigh East Last Night

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 natwest

natwest
  • Players
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:27 AM

What was the outcome of last nights disciplinary meeting when Leigh didn't travel to Skirlaugh
Overheard some of the Leigh players telling the Skirlaugh players it wasn't our fault, Blame the committee they made the decision
Good job they don't have to far to travel for the disciplinary meetings,what with Danny Kilshaw, last nights meeting, and then having 2 players and the head coach Red Carded after the final whistle last Sat for foul & abusive language it's going to be an expensive time for the club

#2 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:33 AM

Last night's meeting was a full NCL Management meeting , not a Discipline one.

#3 mgreenwood

mgreenwood
  • Coach
  • 791 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:41 AM

Goodbye leigh east..youve been a right laugh.......ing stock :lol:

Edited by mgreenwood, 23 October 2012 - 10:42 AM.

#4 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:00 AM

It was a full meeting, but I understand a couple of disciplinary issues were discussed also. Leigh East may have been one. We'll find out over the next few days the sanctions (if any) that have been imposed

#5 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Can you confirm or deny that the East situation was or was not discussed as part of the agenda and was a decision taken as to the outcome.
Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#6 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:21 PM

I am aware a number of issues were discussed.

Any decisions regarding member clubs and / or individuals will be communicated to them first before anyone else.

That's how the NCL usually operate and I don't think it should be any different now

#7 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Goodbye leigh east..youve been a right laugh.......ing stock :lol:

#8 maxwel

maxwel
  • Coach
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:33 PM

I am aware a number of issues were discussed.

Any decisions regarding member clubs and / or individuals will be communicated to them first before anyone else.

That's how the NCL usually operate and I don't think it should be any different now

Thanks for the prompt reply del capo, as you say other items were discussed and forum members can read into that statement what they will. It is a PRIORITY that clubs and/ or individuals are informed first before going public. I await the outcome.

Edited by maxwel, 23 October 2012 - 12:34 PM.

Its nice to be important, but never forget its important to be nice!!!

#9 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply del capo, as you say other items were discussed and forum members can read into that statement what they will. It is a PRIORITY that clubs and/ or individuals are informed first before going public. I await the outcome.

I remember the days you used to get told the outcome at the disciplinary.

We where up for a brawl & abandoned game with Normanton in the last game of the season, up to that game we had not had one player sent off all season, Normanton where up on their second appearance for an abandoned game that season.

Normanton went in first and came out with a £10 fine, their rep said I knew we where going to get off light because one of the committee was his deputy at the pit he worked.

We went in next and got a £135.00 fine, our secretary came out and our treasurer went in and tipped all the tables over in front of the committee before telling them what he thought about them.

We then spent the next 4 seasons in the Hull & Humberside league.

Edited by Marauder, 23 October 2012 - 05:28 PM.

Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#10 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

I remember the days you used to get told the outcome at the disciplinary.

We where up for a brawl & abandoned game with Normanton in the last game of the season, up to that game we had not had one player sent off all season, Normanton where up on their second appearance for an abandoned game that season.

Normanton went in first and came out with a £10 fine, their rep said I knew we where going to get off light because one of the committee was his deputy at the pit he worked.

We went in next and got a £135.00 fine, our secretary came out and our treasurer went in and tipped all the tables over in front of the committee before telling them what he thought about them.

We then spent the next 4 seasons in the Hull & Humberside league.

Happy days Marauder :)

I once remember the Barla Executive asking for volunteers from the committee to attend a National Cup game at Redhill versus the Greater Manchester Police in the immediate aftermath of the Miners strike.

The game went off without problem........but the opportunity for turning over of tables is always to be avoided...... :)

#11 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,725 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:42 PM

Great rugby story though ,bet Kilsh felt like turning a few tables over ;) :D

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,782 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Happy days Marauder :)

I once remember the Barla Executive asking for volunteers from the committee to attend a National Cup game at Redhill versus the Greater Manchester Police in the immediate aftermath of the Miners strike.

The game went off without problem........but the opportunity for turning over of tables is always to be avoided...... :)

Got a few of those stories mate and I feel sorry for the lad, I'd have though 3 or 4 games at the most.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#13 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

I havent seen the game personnally but have seen kilsh play enough times to know that he gives more than he gets!!! and if you play by the sword you must expect to die by the sword - either on the field or via the disciplinary panel - end of!!

The NCL disciplinary committee must have thought that his ban was justified to dish out such a punishment.

#14 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:35 AM

You havent obviously watched kilsh play enough times,,,,, cos believe me he has always been a targetted player, and every teams game plan was to take him out ,,,,,,, and he also gets it off the field as well ,,,,

#15 beefy1

beefy1
  • Coach
  • 336 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

Is a double relegation on the cards for Leigh East? I'd certainly hope not, but that's one rumour that I've heard.

It really would set a precedent, and it could cause havock with the leagues, as Crosfields, Heworth and Featherstone Lions have all blobbed on fixtures this time. Could be massive changes in Division 2.

#16 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:19 AM

I suppose a double relegation could be on the cards - but it depends how you look at it. If any relegation has been considered by the ncl management, there wouldnt be any point in relegating them to div one as they have already achieved relegation in their own right. So a drop to div 2 may be on the cards. But they would have to relegate all other failing teams as well, wouldn't they??? Presumably the others would drop from divs two to three. Whatever happens it will be a big blow to Easts. It hasnt been the best season for them has it - but they,ll come back no doubt.

#17 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

If they'd asked for a Personal Hearing, then he might have had an opportunity :rolleyes:

#18 Back In The Good Old Days

• Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

The cards have been dealt for Leigh East and for Kilsh, time to stop whinging, dust yourselves off and start all over again.

You have been your own worst enemy at times so deal with it re build and repair your reputation.

#19 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,657 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

The Rfl are looking into Danny's case , I don't think they agree with it either

#20 Back In The Good Old Days

• Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

Still winging at leigh east i see mr chairman.

Take you punishment like men and you may just get some respect.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users