TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Disciplinary Leigh East Last Night

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
57 replies to this topic

#41 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

No point in rules then really :unsure:

Correct, Barbara.

It's the type of catch all rule set up by a solicitor :wacko:

#42 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:49 AM

What that's says should there be no ruling to cover the event then the management committee will decide that's common sense and why you elect the officials in the first place.

#43 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Barbara , Taxi Egg

you are both right.

The NCL rules must also be read in the light of the Community Disciplinary Gudelines (google it - I'm hopeless at links ) which provide for appeals in certain circumstances even when there has been a ' no show '.initially.

In this particular case the NCL management decided it was only fair to let Kilshaw take his case on appeal to Jack Strother's committee at the RFL

#44 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:37 AM

And rightly so , kilsh is up on the 7 November at brig house . Just been told east have been relegated two divisions , can't verify it yet

#45 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

And rightly so , kilsh is up on the 7 November at brig house . Just been told east have been relegated two divisions , can't verify it yet

What, to Division 3???

Edited by jaguar, 26 October 2012 - 12:42 PM.

#46 Muriel

Muriel
  • Players
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

Kilshaw s appeal is thursday 1st November.........
and
if its 2 divisions that will be Division 2 :blink:

#47 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

What, to Division 3???

Sorry, I meant division 2

#48 D34n0

D34n0
  • Players
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:23 PM

I it's true they have been dropped to 2 what would that mean for the relegated teams from div 1 this year?

#49 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,858 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:00 PM

Would imagine that one team would stay up .

#50 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Would imagine that one team would stay up .

Don't think so. Why should a team be "saved" at the expense of Leigh East. If Easts have been relegated, the other 3 clubs who have failed must also have been relegated - but probably to div 3. A bit of a shake up in the number in each division????

#51 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Don't think so. Why should a team be "saved" at the expense of Leigh East. If Easts have been relegated, the other 3 clubs who have failed must also have been relegated - but probably to div 3. A bit of a shake up in the number in each division????

:wacko:
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#52 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:33 PM

Official , Leigh east relagated to div 2 and £500 fine . Didn't expect anything else , justice done in my opinion , precedent set for the future as well I hope

#53 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

By no means an easy decision Mr Chairman

But you are right. The integrity of the competition is paramount. Failing a fixture is likely to have immediate consequences..

Next season probably lines up as 14 - 13- 11 - 10/12

The new third division is likely to be a headline grabber...........

#54 mr chairman

mr chairman
  • Coach
  • 1,666 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

It was quite clear delcapo that east tried to pull the wool over the Ncl eyes and up to me finding out the truth I tried to defend them . But once the truth was out I couldn't defend that personal decision . All I can defend is the players who were blameless but will now suffer over the next few seasons that is a low point for me

#55 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,232 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:25 PM

By no means an easy decision Mr Chairman

But you are right. The integrity of the competition is paramount. Failing a fixture is likely to have immediate consequences..

Next season probably lines up as 14 - 13- 11 - 10/12

The new third division is likely to be a headline grabber...........

Division 3:
Heworth
Crosfields
Featherstone Lions
Kells
Pilkington Recs
Wigan St Cuthberts
Hindley
Peterlee Pumas
Huddersfield Underbank Rangers
Coventry Bears
Blackbrook?
Woolston Rovers?

Even though potentially having one more team division 2 would seem odd it wouldn't be fair to let a new club start above the bottom or to reprieve a club that has scratched IMO. Half those division 3 clubs would be strong enough to win promotion from division 2 IMO

Edited by bowes, 27 October 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#56 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

Division 3:
Heworth
Crosfields
Featherstone Lions
Kells
Pilkington Recs
Wigan St Cuthberts
Hindley
Peterlee Pumas
Huddersfield Underbank Rangers
Coventry Bears
Blackbrook?
Woolston Rovers?

Even though potentially having one more team division 2 would seem odd it wouldn't be fair to let a new club start above the bottom or to reprieve a club that has scratched IMO. Half those division 3 clubs would be strong enough to win promotion from division 2 IMO

has it been decided that crosfields and fev lions have been relegated due to failing fixtures. surely if leigh east have then they should too.

#57 jaguar

jaguar
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

has it been decided that crosfields and fev lions have been relegated due to failing fixtures. surely if leigh east have then they should too.

Heworth, Fev Lions and Crosfields have been relegated for failing fixtures

#58 Truth Only

Truth Only
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

No ones garden is clear of weeds, let this rest and move on.