Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Oldham

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#281 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:14 AM

Do they run juniors Ange......

http://www.thesun.co...e/3884181/.html

#282 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:20 AM

http://www.thesun.co...e/3884181/.html

I asked do Silsden run junior sides who can then feed into keighley's academy.

#283 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:21 AM

Sixty points against Warrington's second team

It wasn't Warringtons second team

#284 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:42 AM

1. It's not me

2. It's not me

3. As for "getting things wrong"................,

3. Don't tell me....I know..... It's me :lol:

I'm always happy to be corrected because we can get to the truth of matters. I'm always happy to thank people for corrections and I like to take a punt on things but if wrong I can learn from them. But your position never ever changes and you accept nothing in our debates.

All we end up with is you hanging on my shoulder trying to prove me wrong about any little thing you can, the site is about debating RL matters. We fundamentally disagree on the idea of "bottom up development" and how in this country clubs can grow from amateurs to SL sides. You say It can happen yet it took me months to get you to set it out. It didn't wash with me so it was time to agree to disagree.

Same with London, I maintain they are important to RL in line with other commentators and events, you argue if they dissapeared tommorrow it would not matter. Let's agree to disagree.

Same with Crusaders, you went mad about that episode and maintained the RFL were mad and wrong. I saw it a different way completely. lets agree to disagree.

You say Sheffield can be an SL club. i say they can't in current circumstances. Let's agree to disagree.

What's happening is we aren't debating anything sensibly (regardless of who is right or wrong) you just hang on my shoulder grasping anything you can to prove me wrong? Most (no ALL) of the time it has nothing really to do with the point of the debate.

I say for instance keighley have too small a junior base to run as an SL club and if they did have any local successes then a big SL club would take that player away. You then try to prove me wrong by saying there's two little kids teams in Barnoldswick and Jack Reed had a game for Silsden. Solly, Jack Reed has never played for keighley mate??

I just do not understand how that proves me wrong? Solly I'm happy to be proved I'm wrong, why would I not want to find out there's a dozen junior clubs in keighley???

Let's just agree to disagree, time may see Sheffield in SL or Barnoldswick being the start of a very successful junior set up in the keighley area or London getting relegated collapsing and London Junior RL still going from strength to strength.

If you want to engage in debate fine, but if you continue to nitpick me from Turin, I will sadly have to put you on ignore because the board isn't for personal spats, it isn't about you or me, it's about debating Rugby League.

#285 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,281 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:22 AM

Do they run juniors Ange......

mate I was being flippant.

The idea of Felly jumping up and down because the rangers had been notinally snubbed amused me.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#286 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

mate I was being flippant.

The idea of Felly jumping up and down because the rangers had been notinally snubbed amused me.

I wonder what "Felly" would have made of things if they had run junior sides, and produced Jack Reed only for him to decide to reject the SL academy system and sign for keighley once old enough to play open age!!

I think he'd have been appalled. As it is it must be a proud thing for the Silsden club to be associated with him.

Thanks to Solly for the article, but as I say to him and Keighley you can't run a successful academy to underpin an SL side without numbers of quality kids and the ability to offer them full time employment in competition with other clubs who may covet your best, if they make it.

Edited by The Parksider, 12 November 2012 - 11:40 AM.

#287 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,281 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:44 AM

I wonder what "Felly" would have made of things if they had run junior sides, and produced Jack Reed only for him to decide to reject the SL academy system and sign for keighley once old enough to play open age!!

I think he'd have been appalled. As it is it must be a proud thing for the Silsden club to be associated with him.

Thanks to Solly for the article, but as I say to him and Keighley you can't run a successful academy to underpin an SL side without numbers of quality kids and the ability to offer them full time employment if they make it.

Pete wasn't the kind of guy to go around being appalled. He was too busy enjoying life. He liked beer so he bought a brewery in Bradford. He liked pubs so he bought the cock and bottle also in Bradford. He did a lot of work for the Spanish government's aerospace industry. In gratitude they gave him a Piccasso drawing. He used it to cover a damp patch up in his office. There was a burglary at his gaff once. the burglars nicked all the computers from his office and left the Piccasso.
He was a kind, generous, funny, extremely clever man, who loved Steeton and Silsden, loved Rugby League and loved life.
Keeping it local

#288 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:49 AM

He liked pubs so he bought the cock and bottle also in Bradford.

Was that the one on the right after you cross Leeds Road from coming down Wakefield Road and start going up towards Bolton Road?

#289 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,281 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:11 PM

Was that the one on the right after you cross Leeds Road from coming down Wakefield Road and start going up towards Bolton Road?

sounds like it. It was near the cathedral
Keeping it local

#290 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

sounds like it. It was near the cathedral

I once went in when there was a big sign saying "no travellers" which I thought discriminatory, but the guy running it that day whom I asked about it (must be about 1988) explained his view of why they do that, and I took the point...

#291 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 40,281 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

I once went in when there was a big sign saying "no travellers" which I thought discriminatory, but the guy running it that day whom I asked about it (must be about 1988) explained his view of why they do that, and I took the point...

Pete transformed it into a temple of real ale. He even had hand pulled lager.
He lost a packet on the project, but I think he considered it worthwhile.
Keeping it local

#292 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Thanks to Solly for the article, but as I say to him and Keighley you can't run a successful academy to underpin an SL side without numbers of quality kids and the ability to offer them full time employment in competition with other clubs who may covet your best, if they make it.

I get that but we were talking about whether Keighley Albion are the sum total of rugby league in the Keighley area, clearly they aren't. There are families in and around the area with a rugby league background. We were also talking about a hypothetical Keighley SL that might have been.

#293 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

3. Don't tell me....I know..... It's me :lol:

I'm always happy to be corrected because we can get to the truth of matters. I'm always happy to thank people for corrections and I like to take a punt on things but if wrong I can learn from them. But your position never ever changes and you accept nothing in our debates.

All we end up with is you hanging on my shoulder trying to prove me wrong about any little thing you can, the site is about debating RL matters. We fundamentally disagree on the idea of "bottom up development" and how in this country clubs can grow from amateurs to SL sides. You say It can happen yet it took me months to get you to set it out. It didn't wash with me so it was time to agree to disagree.

Same with London, I maintain they are important to RL in line with other commentators and events, you argue if they dissapeared tommorrow it would not matter. Let's agree to disagree.

Same with Crusaders, you went mad about that episode and maintained the RFL were mad and wrong. I saw it a different way completely. lets agree to disagree.

You say Sheffield can be an SL club. i say they can't in current circumstances. Let's agree to disagree.

What's happening is we aren't debating anything sensibly (regardless of who is right or wrong) you just hang on my shoulder grasping anything you can to prove me wrong? Most (no ALL) of the time it has nothing really to do with the point of the debate.

I say for instance keighley have too small a junior base to run as an SL club and if they did have any local successes then a big SL club would take that player away. You then try to prove me wrong by saying there's two little kids teams in Barnoldswick and Jack Reed had a game for Silsden. Solly, Jack Reed has never played for keighley mate??

I just do not understand how that proves me wrong? Solly I'm happy to be proved I'm wrong, why would I not want to find out there's a dozen junior clubs in keighley???

Let's just agree to disagree, time may see Sheffield in SL or Barnoldswick being the start of a very successful junior set up in the keighley area or London getting relegated collapsing and London Junior RL still going from strength to strength.

If you want to engage in debate fine, but if you continue to nitpick me from Turin, I will sadly have to put you on ignore because the board isn't for personal spats, it isn't about you or me, it's about debating Rugby League.

There is no personal spat, I just don't see why you feel that you can make inaccurate posts without any form of querying or questioning.

I don't see how the 700 thousand pounds lost by the RFL to the Crusaders fiasco can be swept aside as some kind of "difference of opinion" given that you insisted that Crusaders should be given a berth in SL because they were risk free (since Samuel was paying for them). You were clearly wrong.

Nor did I take months to describe what "my plan for expansion" is. You just have a bad memory and don't remember that I have posted said plan multiple times in the past.

#294 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

There is no personal spat, I just don't see why you feel that you can make inaccurate posts without any form of querying or questioning.

I don't see how the 700 thousand pounds lost by the RFL to the Crusaders fiasco can be swept aside as some kind of "difference of opinion" given that you insisted that Crusaders should be given a berth in SL because they were risk free (since Samuel was paying for them). You were clearly wrong.

Nor did I take months to describe what "my plan for expansion" is. You just have a bad memory and don't remember that I have posted said plan multiple times in the past.

Has that 700 grand been lost? I thought it was tied up in the Racecourse Ground.
Posted Image

#295 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Has that 700 grand been lost? I thought it was tied up in the Racecourse Ground.

If it isn't lost where is it?

Under the seats?

The RFL paid out that cash and now doesn't have it and has no prospect of getting it back. That's lost.

#296 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:29 PM

If it isn't lost where is it?

Under the seats?

The RFL paid out that cash and now doesn't have it and has no prospect of getting it back. That's lost.

Do the RFL not own a £700k chunk of the Racecourse Ground then?

(Genuine question, I really don't know.)
Posted Image

#297 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,897 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:19 PM

You just cannot grasp it can you.

You really can't.

What am I supposed to do now?

Re-list all the wishful thinking rubbish you have come out with???

Then you have a go back

and then I have a go back.

FFS :rolleyes:

#298 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

Do the RFL not own a £700k chunk of the Racecourse Ground then?

(Genuine question, I really don't know.)

No, they have debts secured against the ground, unfortunately so do many other organisations.

#299 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 16,959 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

You just cannot grasp it can you.

You really can't.

What am I supposed to do now?

Re-list all the wishful thinking rubbish you have come out with???

Then you have a go back

and then I have a go back.

FFS :rolleyes:

I don't recall making any predictions that have been proven wrong. You brought up the idea that I regularly get things wrong (unspecified things at that). Mostly on the basis that you sometimes misunderstand what I say e.g. I didn't claim that there was a dozen junior clubs in Keighley just that you were understating how much RL exists.

Edited by Northern Sol, 12 November 2012 - 09:43 PM.

#300 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

No, they have debts secured against the ground, unfortunately so do many other organisations.

So yes then... If its secured against the ground it isn't really lost is it?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users