Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

supporters meeting.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

The next supporters meeting will be held at 7 pm on the 31st october. Could everyone attend please. If you cant phone me on 07581361448
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#2 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:24 AM

Is this just for the commite?

#3 Gaffo

Gaffo
  • Players
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

No your more than welcome to attend

#4 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

Sorry. The meeting is for supporters who registered last year. If any news members are wanting to register bring your £5 and I will bring a registration form. A couple of the board are going to attend aswell.

Edited by livo, 23 October 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#5 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:49 PM

The meeting has been called to discuss fundraising ideas to pay for the new floodlights, which is something we have to achieve by the end of next season as I'm sure most fans will be aware of.

Any ideas will be welcome no matter how crazy they may seem at the time?

We don't want to be beating Fev and Widnes etc in the dark :(

As Keith Nutter might say...."The futures Bright (If we get new floodlights) its Blue n' White.
Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#6 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

bump

#7 John Spoor

John Spoor
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 11:18 AM

This is a reminder to everybody about tonight's meeting which I will be attending myself. With the chairman's permission I will be able to provide a full breakdown of the Ground Development Fund as at today's date. This information will eventually be posted on to the club's website(I have passed it on this morning), and hopefully I will be able to answer any questions regarding it.

John Spoor
Barrow Rugby Shop

Posted Image

#8 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:27 PM

Barrow Raiders Fundraising Ideas so far - more welcome!

• Auction off the players old kit.
  • Barrow Raiders silicon wrist bands.
  • Barrow Raiders neck lanyard to hang your work pass on.
  • Embroidered Raiders logos that you can sew onto your clothing.
  • Darts Competition. £5 entry per person. Straight knock out. Prize money depending obviously on how many entrants we get. Bikeathon. All ages welcome.
  • Coffee mornings were you can run a raffle plus have some tables with cakes bric a brac etc could also have flag day, a little rugby ball with pin on the back,
  • Race night is a good money maker Steve Hogan would organize one in Strawberry usually makes between 500 plus Friday night is better
  • Ask BAE if we could do a sponsored abseil down the side of the DDH ?
  • Introduce a DVD Season Ticket at a set price? Fans pay a set amount to receive DVD's of every home league game on DVD. A fair few fans are of the older generation and are now unable to attend on matchday’s also there are many expats
  • Charity event where they are doing fire walking, you raise sponsorship before you can do it. A full night could be made of it, music, BBQ, raffle, beer.
  • Raffle a season ticket sell them from the shop at £1 or £2 each, maybe get a local business to sponsor the draw. I remember DJ doing that and raising £85 in a matter of minutes
  • How about fans nominating a ‘mate’ and putting him (or her) in the stocks at half time and charging £1 per wet sponge to throw.
  • Opened an account today at Furness building society i have put £2,000 in so that should make £20 a year for the club at 1% the minimum amount to open an account is just £1
  • Organise a 'Barrows got talent' contest. Get the players as judges. Hold it in the theatre or other suitable venue. Winners could even provide half time entertainment at Raiders matches throughout the season!!
  • With Xmas coming up, why not try a Xmas dinner dance type thing. Again, get players involved, maybe as waiters like they did on the ladies night a few years back.
  • How about a £1000 elite club membership that entitles the holder to admission to every game at CP for a lifetime? Maybe targeted at companies, sponsors etc? 20 or 30 of those would make a big hole in the cost. Maybe even have the facility to allow the purchaser to spread the cost over a couple of years? Funnily enough a few of us were discussing a £1000 'season ticket' in the pub the other night. Although we did discuss the potential of a 10 year ticket we talked flexibility where you could do 5 years for £500. Still a bit steep up front but the club get guaranteed money and you will save x amount of cash over the term.
  • Could we not tap into schools as well, get kids backpacking for charity for us, then give them free tickets to games as reward - as long as they bring a paying adult.

• I think this is a good idea, but we should also look at the smaller contributions. At home when we needed to save we had a jar for loose change, if we could encourage a large number of supporters to contribute their loose change in containers at places like the rugby shop, the ground, and local pubs, with a specially designed blue and white container, with something like "BARROW RAIDERS Change for the future", I think we need to get everybody involved.
  • Fans to shave their head as a fundraiser, either at half time or after the match.
  • Raffle for kids with the winner getting a replica kit/shirt and being the official mascot for the season, get the kids interested and the parents have to follow...

Barrow Raiders Fundraising Ideas

• Auction off the players old kit.
  • Barrow Raiders silicon wrist bands.
  • Barrow Raiders neck lanyard to hang your work pass on.
  • Embroidered Raiders logos that you can sew onto your clothing.
  • Darts Competition. £5 entry per person. Straight knock out. Prize money depending obviously on how many entrants we get. Bikeathon. All ages welcome.
  • Coffee mornings were you can run a raffle plus have some tables with cakes bric a brac etc could also have flag day, a little rugby ball with pin on the back,
  • Race night is a good money maker Steve Hogan would organize one in Strawberry usually makes between 500 plus Friday night is better
  • Ask BAE if we could do a sponsored abseil down the side of the DDH ?
  • Introduce a DVD Season Ticket at a set price? Fans pay a set amount to receive DVD's of every home league game on DVD. A fair few fans are of the older generation and are now unable to attend on matchday’s also there are many expats
  • Charity event where they are doing fire walking, you raise sponsorship before you can do it. A full night could be made of it, music, BBQ, raffle, beer.
  • Raffle a season ticket sell them from the shop at £1 or £2 each, maybe get a local business to sponsor the draw. I remember DJ doing that and raising £85 in a matter of minutes
  • How about fans nominating a ‘mate’ and putting him (or her) in the stocks at half time and charging £1 per wet sponge to throw.
  • Opened an account today at Furness building society i have put £2,000 in so that should make £20 a year for the club at 1% the minimum amount to open an account is just £1
  • Organise a 'Barrows got talent' contest. Get the players as judges. Hold it in the theatre or other suitable venue. Winners could even provide half time entertainment at Raiders matches throughout the season!!
  • With Xmas coming up, why not try a Xmas dinner dance type thing. Again, get players involved, maybe as waiters like they did on the ladies night a few years back.
  • How about a £1000 elite club membership that entitles the holder to admission to every game at CP for a lifetime? Maybe targeted at companies, sponsors etc? 20 or 30 of those would make a big hole in the cost. Maybe even have the facility to allow the purchaser to spread the cost over a couple of years? Funnily enough a few of us were discussing a £1000 'season ticket' in the pub the other night. Although we did discuss the potential of a 10 year ticket we talked flexibility where you could do 5 years for £500. Still a bit steep up front but the club get guaranteed money and you will save x amount of cash over the term.
  • Could we not tap into schools as well, get kids backpacking for charity for us, then give them free tickets to games as reward - as long as they bring a paying adult.

• I think this is a good idea, but we should also look at the smaller contributions. At home when we needed to save we had a jar for loose change, if we could encourage a large number of supporters to contribute their loose change in containers at places like the rugby shop, the ground, and local pubs, with a specially designed blue and white container, with something like "BARROW RAIDERS Change for the future", I think we need to get everybody involved.
  • Fans to shave their head as a fundraiser, either at half time or after the match.
  • Raffle for kids with the winner getting a replica kit/shirt and being the official mascot for the season, get the kids interested and the parents have to follow...

#9 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:39 PM

the bar will open at 6.30

#10 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 561 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:19 PM

Tonights Supporters Club Meeting

There were 12 people who turned up tonight including 4 board members to help and discuss ways to raise funds for the floodlights, pretty disappointing in my view.
However those who did turn up were enthusiastic and helpful in the ideas which were put forward.
I will collate all the notes from the meeting and post as soon as I can.

I think our biggest barrier in raising the money needed for the new floodlights is apathy from our own supporters or would anyone like to disagree?

Yes I know it was bad weather, trick or treat blah blah.........no excuse

#11 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:33 AM

No Excuse, do you have small children? We as Families give up enough of our family time for the rugby.

Badly organised and badly advertised this meeting am afraid.

#12 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

Tonights Supporters Club Meeting

There were 12 people who turned up tonight including 4 board members to help and discuss ways to raise funds for the floodlights, pretty disappointing in my view.
However those who did turn up were enthusiastic and helpful in the ideas which were put forward.
I will collate all the notes from the meeting and post as soon as I can.

I think our biggest barrier in raising the money needed for the new floodlights is apathy from our own supporters or would anyone like to disagree?

Yes I know it was bad weather, trick or treat blah blah.........no excuse

What do you expect, the announcment about the meeting was good, then we were told only a few special supporters could attend, then we were told if we brought along £5, we could come along. I have supported the club for 50 years, so I will buy my season ticket, and instead of joining the elite supporters, I will put my £5 in the floodlight fund which will do more good.

#13 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:10 PM

whats the news on freindlies? when you have an extra couple of games thrown in even against the local ametures this must bring in some extras into the pot. they always seem a bit thin on the ground and if bad weather cancels certain games we loose out big style which i think happened a couple of seasons ago and with no group stages of th nrc i think half a dozen games before the start of the campagne. whats the average profit from a freindly? do you pay for away teams outgoings only?

#14 gary high

gary high
  • Coach
  • 1,516 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

Here's a couple of ideas

1. In the 'off season' there should be a floodlight 9's competition for the local amateur teams (or anyone who fancies it). Charge per team and play it over the course of a few evenings? Charge a couple of quid to get in and open the bar.

2. Hold player camps in the school holidays which as part of the cost each child receives a junior season ticket(charge £15-£20). 1 junior season ticket = 1 other full playing adult through the gates.

#15 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

No Excuse, do you have small children? We as Families give up enough of our family time for the rugby.

Badly organised and badly advertised this meeting am afraid.

Good points, fancy organising a supporters night on halloween?

#16 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 712 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

It is difficult to please everyone when organising meetings,there are always going to be people who are otherwise engaged.However the supporters need as many people as possible attending so if Rooster and Flaming balls want get together and sort out the date for the next one then contact Gary or Semper,(who I am sure will be grateful of your help)there should then be at least two new people at the next meeting,simples! :)
Posted Image

#17 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:01 AM

That's fine by me, but with work involving moving about a lot I could be here or not. But saying family time is not a excuse is out of order. Why single me and Rooster out I'm sure Alba had something to say also.

I notice Sempur hasn't been back on to defend his comments?

#18 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:17 PM

I didn't start this topic for it then to be complained about . It was an easy topic, 'The Next Supporters Meeting'. I even left my phone number for people who could't turn up. If enough people phoned and said they couldn't make it then we could have changed the date, but no-one did. So stop moaning about what night it was on.
Alba, if you wanted to come along you could of. You wouldn't have been turned away. As for your £5, I'm glad it s going to the Floodlight Fund, because thats where all the other fivers what supporters give to join are going.
You've got to ask yourselves fellas, even if it was on a night you could make, would you?
I just wish you would use your time in a more productive manner instead of complaining. If you don't want to help, thats fine. Just let the people who do get on with it.

#19 alba

alba
  • Coach
  • 223 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:24 PM

I didn't start this topic for it then to be complained about . It was an easy topic, 'The Next Supporters Meeting'. I even left my phone number for people who could't turn up. If enough people phoned and said they couldn't make it then we could have changed the date, but no-one did. So stop moaning about what night it was on.
Alba, if you wanted to come along you could of. You wouldn't have been turned away. As for your £5, I'm glad it s going to the Floodlight Fund, because thats where all the other fivers what supporters give to join are going.
You've got to ask yourselves fellas, even if it was on a night you could make, would you?
I just wish you would use your time in a more productive manner instead of complaining. If you don't want to help, thats fine. Just let the people who do get on with it.

Thanks for reply, I was a bit confused, and raiders site made it worse, saying meeting of members, but if we pull together, we will get there.

#20 Flaming balls

Flaming balls
  • Coach
  • 587 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:37 PM

I was moaning about the stupid comments from Sempur nothing else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users