Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

promotional idea for roger , james and the club?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Keighley cougars are distributing 20,000 season tickets to juniors over the next few seasons in a bid to increase their crowds in that period.

Why dont we as a club do something like a season ticket card for children in our local high schools to admit them to every home game next season? Wouldnt cost alot for james and roger to go into the likes of St john fisher, Thornhill high, and Earlsheaton high givingseason ticket cards out to every high school pupil before the start of the season?

We are very lucky to have the best mascot in RL, so lets use him to try get more fans through the gates and try give glen and the team more support?!

Can anyone at the club reply to this post please with your thoughts??

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 23 October 2012 - 11:43 AM.

#2 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

I will look into it and see what can be done. I know that James does handout many kids tickets at the school he visits and coaches already. I wouldbe more than happy to go along into the schools to things up.

#3 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

lets just think about things before flooding Dewsbury with free kids tickets.

ive run the ground on match days and know if not handled correctly can turn into a farce.

its ok giving free kids tickets out trying to capture the fans of the future,but times have changed...for the worse
i remember going to the floodlight trophy matches with my mates we were maybe around 10-11 if that
walking home in the dark back to shaw cross...never once fearing what the big bad world held...or didnt hold.

i remember when running the southstand one sunny matchday,free tickets were given to all the local schools
resulting the south stand turned in to a creche for parents who couldnt be ars.ed coming just a convieniet place to
dump their kids on a sunny sunday while they hit the pubs or went home to relax.

i would rather see a promotion aimed at bringing families to the club,family season tickets,free child with a paying adult.
even father/son promotion games mum/daughter promotions.

its ok saying kids are the future supporters...but if the whole family are encouraged to attend matches i feel that will benefit the club more.
i attend Dewsbury because i went to games with my dad,so with him taking me as resulted in me been a life long fan.
maybe just attending them few floodlight trophy games with my mates which were more to lark about rather than watch rugby
could have restulted in me following Leeds United,when there every home game in the late 70's,10 bob in the boys pen then at halftime sneeking on to lowfields...only attended 2 football matches with my dad jack charltons testimonial in may 1973 leeds 4 V Celtic 5 & leeds verse liverpool 1-1
both containing my boyhood hero Kenny Dalglish.

2 games of football or countless rugby league games following Dewsbury......you tell me which works

families are the future,not short term babysitting for a society who cant be a.rsed unless its here & now and with as much little effort.

#4 CommunityRams

CommunityRams
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:47 PM

Hi,

We currently already have a match day community voucher which entitles an under 16 free entry to the southstand accompanied with a paying adult for £10 or £5 depending on specific and targetted games.

All kids, teenager's and adults that are coached through our community programmes are given a promotional free ticket to a selected home game. All curtain raiser participants whether it be junior, youth or adult (touch rugby) are also allocated a free ticket along with the discounted community voucher to be used on that specific game.

We are currently in the process of re-writing our community plan and strategy for 2013-2015 and hope that this increases the attendance of junior and youth supporters.

Our 4 community rugby league clubs have just been contacted with a specific junior season ticket offer targeted at their players so we again hope this entices more to attend.

We are open to ideas of any promotions and will listen to all.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dewsbury Rams
Community Rugby League Coaching

Dewsbury Rams RLFC. Tetley's Stadium, Owl Lane, Dewsbury, WF12 7RH
Registered in England No. 2245573.
Tel: 01924 465489, Fax: 01924 437201, Web: www.dewsburyrams.co.uk
Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#5 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hi,

We currently already have a match day community voucher which entitles an under 16 free entry to the southstand accompanied with a paying adult for £10 or £5 depending on specific and targetted games.

All kids, teenager's and adults that are coached through our community programmes are given a promotional free ticket to a selected home game. All curtain raiser participants whether it be junior, youth or adult (touch rugby) are also allocated a free ticket along with the discounted community voucher to be used on that specific game.

We are currently in the process of re-writing our community plan and strategy for 2013-2015 and hope that this increases the attendance of junior and youth supporters.

Our 4 community rugby league clubs have just been contacted with a specific junior season ticket offer targeted at their players so we again hope this entices more to attend.

We are open to ideas of any promotions and will listen to all.

ok lets just rip apart your reply for a moment

specific and targetted games ? - so your only wanting to attract the floating supporter ?
a season is only around 12 games long,12 seperate events in a 12 month period that have to be promoted to there max,so targetting specific games
in a 12 game season seems not doing the events to the max.

what about concessions ? where do they stand ? so if its a game thats going to be dull & poor attended we give discounted tickets out ?
not exactly building things for the future are these proposels...short term quick fix results....hmmm a little bit like modern day life
foundations have to be built season after season i feel.

think you find most parents of these events bail out before the kick off of the main games,only a small percentage stay and a even smaller percentage are interested in the main game as connection over the years with the likes of shaw cross,dewsbury moor,thornhill have verged on the ridiculous
as the local teams have had very little love for Dewsbury,damage was done years ago.
lots of bridges with the local teams need to be built again for the long term future of all clubs.

#6 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:24 PM

A season ticket card for all juniors at the likes of fishers, thornhill, earlsheaton wouldnt cost too much if distributed to all local high schools surely? .....or maybe a letter with a form to fill in for kids wanting the season ticket card who after filling in hand back to teachers, who give back to the rams, who then send out the pass to the kids who want one??

Just a idea...

The same thing could be done at all our local amatuer clubs too?

Weve nothing to lose but plenty to gain!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 23 October 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#7 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

chris this is what i mean by ''bridges have to be built'' & foundations laid

the rams need to re-invent themselves to local clubs how we can help each other.

#8 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

The card idea is a good idea but I'm in my last year at fishers and I'm already a season ticket holder, yes coolie you are correct, bridges built and foundations laid are needed for this to be successful, but chris' idea maybe a success, the letter with a form, but of course after the bridges and foundation are done. The only problem is, kids in my year, which is year 11, are mostly Leeds or Bradford supporters, even my best friend Dan, who is also a season ticket holder for us, is a st helens supporter, there is also a Wigan fan, there are a couple of people who support the poodles. My point is, we're not the most attractive club to support, due to the rough patch we have been in recently, and foundation layin and bridge building will be a lon and hard job.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#9 CommunityRams

CommunityRams
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Coolie,

Thanks for your ripping reply - the statement made about specific and targeted games was meant to read whether we use the £5 or £10 pound community voucher.

As far as building bridges with our community clubs we have made a lot of progress in the last 2 and 1/2 years in showing our support and offering our assistance with any project that the clubs would like us to help with. We are available at all times to assist with the clubs in any way we can help.

As stated in our previous post we are currently re-writing the community plan & strategy that identifies a shortfall in regular junior and youth match day attendance.

Unfortunately as we sit in the middle of Leeds Rhinos, Bradford Bulls, Wakefield Wildcats and Huddersfield Giants - we have our work cut out to with limited resource and funds to attract younger supporters that may have already been drawn into a Superleague club.

I can assure you that we are working very hard to "break" this deadlock and i am sure that this will become evident in the near future.

Dewsbury Rams
Community Rugby League Coaching

Dewsbury Rams RLFC. Tetley's Stadium, Owl Lane, Dewsbury, WF12 7RH
Registered in England No. 2245573.
Tel: 01924 465489, Fax: 01924 437201, Web: www.dewsburyrams.co.uk
Posted Image

#10 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Unfortunately as we sit in the middle of Leeds Rhinos, Bradford Bulls, Wakefield Wildcats and Huddersfield Giants - we have our work cut out to with limited resource and funds to attract younger supporters that may have already been drawn into a Superleague club.

And Batley, a few kids in my year, or even school, should I look on a larger scale, would rather support Batley than us.

#11 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:06 PM

Well this should be a concern if true, however fishers pupils are from all over, dewsbury and batley, kelsey the ram....plus batley the last 4 or 5 season have made obvious progress to the publics eye both on the field and with their stadium... and not a niggle here but batleys older generation of fans dont complain at kids for bringing a drum to try create an atmosphere... ( this put afew young uns off other season when warren asked for us all to make more noise. Some of our older generation sometimes hold us back as a club with their nitty winging at the slightest of change.... but like i say im not having ago,just stating a fact as to why afew of the younger ones who used to come nolonger come and probably now go elsewhere...

However if results improve, and the public of dewsbury start to see abit more ambition, (like finaly were bulding aterrace..., little things like that show improvement) then maybe wel get more fans that way and the kids will realise dewsburys the bigger and better club ;)

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what the clubs ideas are to attract new supporters to the club, young and old, of anyage and hope it gathers positive results... :)

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 24 October 2012 - 06:12 PM.

#12 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Well this should be a concern if true, however fishers pupils are from all over, dewsbury and batley, kelsey the ram....plus batley the last 4 or 5 season have made obvious progress to the publics eye both on the field and with their stadium... and not a niggle here but batleys older generation of fans dont complain at kids for bringing a drum to try create an atmosphere... ( this put afew young uns off other season when warren asked for us all to make more noise. Some of our older generation sometimes hold us back as a club with their nitty winging at the slightest of change.... but like i say im not having ago,just stating a fact as to why afew of the younger ones who used to come nolonger come and probably now go elsewhere...

However if results improve, and the public of dewsbury start to see abit more ambition, (like finaly were bulding aterrace..., little things like that show improvement) then maybe wel get more fans that way and the kids will realise dewsburys the bigger and better club ;)

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what the clubs ideas are to attract new supporters to the club, young and old, of anyage and hope it gathers positive results... :)

Then theres Morley, and Gomersal and Birstall, but i won't bother nameing all the place DTID, it would take too long, but i'm glad we're building a terrace, but now, as you said, the results need to improve, we need to win more games, I mean because people may come along to a few games anyway under the GM era anyway, but not for long if the rough patch carrys on, by rough patch i mean losing more than we win, and a low place in the league, although i do give the lads credit for this year, it was better than last year.

Edited by Kelsey The Ram, 24 October 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#13 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Hey maybe we could use that in our marketing literature ".............it was better than last year."

:P

Sorry, couldn't resist it.

All power to the elbows of everyone who is trying ultra-hard to promote any CC club amidst this present downturn.

(Oh, hold on, the recession's over - Mr Cameron just said so.)

Edited by Blind side johnny, 28 October 2012 - 10:13 AM.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#14 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Hey maybe we could use that in our marketing literature ".............it was better than last year."

:P

Sorry, couldn't resist it.

All power to the elbows of everyone who is trying ultra-hard to promote and CC club amidst this present downturn.

(Oh, hold on, the recession's over - Mr Cameron just said so.)

Ha ha doesn't sound a bad motto, now just for a better year this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users