Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Kit

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:19 AM

I like the new kit and will be ordering one, fester you can't change colours on your home kit, were blue and White, simple. Maybe something abit different for the away shirt but you still have to make it desirable to the fans as that's who's going to be buying them, making it yellow and green aren't going to shift too many sales.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#22 Jasper

Jasper
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Just saw the Town strip on the main forum, very nice it is too, but just a quick question as I couldn't find the answer on the Town website,
but what colour blue do Town officially play in? Cheers.

#23 Exiled Townie

Exiled Townie
  • Coach
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 02:57 PM

Just saw the Town strip on the main forum, very nice it is too, but just a quick question as I couldn't find the answer on the Town website,
but what colour blue do Town officially play in? Cheers.

Seems no one knows Jasper. Some clubs have names for their colours, like primrose, cherry, blood and gold, even chocolate instead of brown, but looking at the different colours of blue in the last few seasons strips I think Town just have 'blue and white'.... unless someone knows better!!!

Jamfree.gifth_jasmax001.jpglaughingstock.jpg
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." G.Orwell.
St Albans Centurions Website & St Albans Centurions Photo Site

#24 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 03:38 PM

Just looked at some old programmes from the 50's and the strip is described as White with a blue band. The only programme that says it differently is the Western Division Championship Final when it says a white shirt with royal blue band. The strip is also described as white with a blue band in the RL Handbooks in the 80's, so I would say that no distinct colour of blue was originally specified.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#25 Derwent

Derwent
  • Coach
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'd like the away kit to be red and green, which were the colours that Town originally wore in their first season.

Workington Town. Then. Now. Always.

#26 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

There was a red and green kit a few years ago if I remember correctly??

It looked bloody awful!

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

Agree Geordie townie. It was a shocker, a dark grey or black would do fine.

#28 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 12:30 PM

Agree Geordie townie. It was a shocker, a dark grey or black would do fine.

Yeah it wasn't the best ever was it the red/green number? I've gotta say I'm not keen on the dark grey or black options, I think they are too dull and on the field they could blend into the surroundings. Summat with a bit of colour, I liked the Lily Mae option last year as it was a bit different. I suppose they won't be able to please everyone whichever option they choose!!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#29 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

Does anyone know when the 1st batch of home shirts are due in? I know it's before christmas Some time

#30 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,780 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Does anyone know when the 1st batch of home shirts are due in? I know it's before christmas Some time

Does anyone know anything??? We seem to be in a lull at the moment or are we slipping back in to old habits!!!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#31 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:03 PM

Says on the club website it's around 23rd November I've ordered mine online!

#32 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:14 PM

Does anyone know anything??? We seem to be in a lull at the moment or are we slipping back in to old habits!!!!!!!!

Folks, you'll find the answers to your queries on the clubs official website.
Order info and expected stock arrival dates are there for all to see.....

http://www.townrlfc....cle.php?id=9802

#33 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:11 AM

There was a red and green kit a few years ago if I remember correctly??

It looked bloody awful!

Yep agreed, you'd have to be a tasteless berk to buy one of those wouldn't you ?

TB

#34 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 836 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:45 PM

Hi,last season i bought a new rainjacket,2 polo shirts,1 white and 1 blue, and also a hoodie.I was pleased with most of the gear but was dissapointed with the polo shirts,the reason why is that they did not fit,i ordered two 3xl polos and realised they were not going to be what i wanted but basically i was told they could not get a refund so i was down over £50,they have sat upstairs the whole season until i gave them to my nephew 2 days ago.There should be a room where people can try them on to get the right fit,i am goint to buy the rain jacket, a new hoodie,a tee shirt, the new polo, and the embrioderd polo but not if there is nowhere to try before you buy etc.get the right sizes.E nd of rant,they all look spot on.
Posted Image

#35 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:50 PM

says on townrlfc.co.uk that merchandise is at the mad for rugby shop. is that the little shop on nook street???????

#36 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:32 PM

It is indeed mate
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#37 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

Well I sent mine back and got a different size so I can't understand why you couldn't?

#38 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

It is indeed mate

thanx chunky

#39 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:28 PM

More negativity! that story was in the website long before the daft comment was made. It would be nice if some people would get behind the club rather than knock it constantly or better still volunteer to help out themselves if they can do a better job!

I think the BOD have done a great job bringing the club back from the brink but some always focus on the negative side.

#40 troutmaster

troutmaster
  • 836 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:46 PM

Well I sent mine back and got a different size so I can't understand why you couldn't?

Did not have my size in stock GT.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users