Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2013 home and away kit

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Key to a shirt design, IMO, is keeping it simple, acknowledging tradition whilst at the same time giving it something to make it a different product from last season.

There are some good designs about in the game at the moment, much more so than the late 90s and early 00s. Looking back through Open Rugby/Rugby League World there are some truly horrific efforts that have no doubt been used when decorating the house or doing the garden, than sitting at the back of the wardrobe for a chance to shine again. There was a terrible bright green and orange Hull KR travesty in the centennial season. Ugh!

My favourite this year is the Catalans shirt that they wore in Challenge Cup matches. Clean, simple, very smart, whilst recognising tradition.

Posted Image
disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#22 raiders4sl

raiders4sl
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:18 PM

Nice Dewsbury shirt, that! B)

#23 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:57 AM

Nice Dewsbury shirt, that! B)

Agreed! :lol:

Funny that you should say that - it was my first thought when I saw this jersey in the Cup earlier this year! I actually think it looks nicer than their (Catalans) traditional white shirt with a red and gold "V".

Edited by Jonty, 27 October 2012 - 10:58 AM.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#24 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Has anybody got ant idea when home shirt is out ? xmas coming up an sure it would make a great pezzi

#25 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Bump. Surely, with xmas now just over 3 weeks away the shirts should be out or due out within the next week or so, or are we going to miss the boat whilst ther clubs cash in on replica kit !

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#26 Sp1der

Sp1der
  • Facebook
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:10 PM

I was in the club shop at the weekend and the supplier delivery date was for the 20th of December, but they were looking at getting them here before to thus sell for Christmas..

Sp1der

#27 mjc

mjc
  • Coach
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA WOT THEY GONNA LOOK LIKE ? I'VE BEEN INFORMED THAT AWAY IS RED WITH WHITE V BUT HOME COMPLETELY DIFFERENT , ITS BLUE BUT NO V

#28 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

According to the club website, the new kits are expected to arrive in the club shop on December 14th.

#29 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

so its out in 9 days and we still dont know what it looks like,

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#30 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,116 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:05 AM