club media release Wolves media release Club news release

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#241 ArizonaRobin

ArizonaRobin
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

Here are Rovers Kits, I don't dislike them, but I don't think I will ask for one for Christmas either.

Posted Image

#242 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:56 PM

Nrl, 3 year rotation on home jerseys, 2 years away. 2 novelty jerseys allowed per year based on the events, heritage, women in league, close the gap etc. the original agreement was to create a legacy by having a home jersey for 3 seasons, it would be remembered. I'll stop boring you all now

I just wish the Clubs would stop fleecing their hard-core supporters every year by changing their shirt/logo/sponsor or all three every year, it doesn't create any kind of loyalty to a jersey, Wigan during the 80's cup run kept (More or less) the same pattern, and had 1000's of replica jerseys sold every year, Salford (for instance) change something large enough on their shirt for last seasons to become outdated immediately, thus alienating a lot of their core base who, like many northern sports, have fans who are either in low paid jobs, or are unemployed. Try taking the kids to a match and they are wearing jerseys from 6 years previously, and the opposition look like they still have a clue who they support.
When I went to see the last match at the Willows it was like going to a museum of Salford jersey design, you could almost guess from the jersey when the wearer last saw the Reds in a game.

The RFL should make the clubs during their License register a Jersey Pattern that they are legally obliged to keep, Sponsors can change after the 2nd year, but must be for a minimum of 2 years, Shorts & Socks (or Stockings depending what era you are from) can be changed every year, if the franchise Club requests it.

Then we would have some loyalty to the jersey as it stands, back before SL clubs had to have a very good reason to change the pattern, look at Bradford, Whitehaven, Hull, Leeds, Saints, Dewsbury, Swinton, they all had the same jerseys for year after year.
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#243 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Nobody forces anyone to buy a shirt you know. Nice sweeping generalisation about the poor northerners though. Lovely stuff.
Posted Image

#244 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,176 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

I remember when all this was fields!,as Gav has pointed out,you don't have to buy a shirt every season and if clubs didn't produce a new one every season revenues would drop considerably.

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 07 December 2012 - 11:48 AM.

Once you have tasted excellence,you cannot go back to mediocrity.

#245 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

I just wish the Clubs would stop fleecing their hard-core supporters every year by changing their shirt/logo/sponsor or all three every year... Yada yada.

You're going to explode in a minute...

Widnes are having TWO home shirts this year! :lol:
Posted Image

#246 Bluebags

Bluebags
  • Twitter
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

I just wish the Clubs would stop fleecing their hard-core supporters every year by changing their shirt/logo/sponsor or all three every year, it doesn't create any kind of loyalty to a jersey, Wigan during the 80's cup run kept (More or less) the same pattern, and had 1000's of replica jerseys sold every year, Salford (for instance) change something large enough on their shirt for last seasons to become outdated immediately, thus alienating a lot of their core base who, like many northern sports, have fans who are either in low paid jobs, or are unemployed. Try taking the kids to a match and they are wearing jerseys from 6 years previously, and the opposition look like they still have a clue who they support.
When I went to see the last match at the Willows it was like going to a museum of Salford jersey design, you could almost guess from the jersey when the wearer last saw the Reds in a game.

The RFL should make the clubs during their License register a Jersey Pattern that they are legally obliged to keep, Sponsors can change after the 2nd year, but must be for a minimum of 2 years, Shorts & Socks (or Stockings depending what era you are from) can be changed every year, if the franchise Club requests it.

Then we would have some loyalty to the jersey as it stands, back before SL clubs had to have a very good reason to change the pattern, look at Bradford, Whitehaven, Hull, Leeds, Saints, Dewsbury, Swinton, they all had the same jerseys for year after year.

Sorry but that's biggest load of tosh I've read on here for a while.

We live in a free market society. Nobody forces you to buy a new shirt every year and what's wrong with wearing a shirt that is six years old to a game? Over here in Oz the older your "jersey" the more of a fan you are.

From what I understand of clubs and sponsorships, these are usually done on a yearly basis, so having a requirement that shirts and sponsors have a minimum of two years to run would remove a bucket load of potential sponsors.

My team Newtown Jets has had the same design since 1976, royal blue with three stripes on the sleeves and before that it was the same jersey since 1908. Point being that it's who is inside the shirt and what they're doing that makes me proud to follow them not what they're wearing.

Lastly, just because your club has a new strip every year your loyalty to them shouldn't change one bit, or is it just me???

#247 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Can't blame the clubs for bringing out new jerseys every year; as long as fans continue to buy them, why should they stop?

#248 clement

clement
  • Coach
  • 567 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

I just wish they'd keep them to the clubs colours and to some degree a traditional design that looks and feels like a RL jersey.

#249 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,440 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Clearly fans are interested in new strips - it builds excitement around the team and is actually a decent marketing tool, as well as a great revenue driver.

I think the move to summer has helped this kind of thing become possible as it is clearly many people's Christmas present sorted!

#250 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Or, just possibly, the supporters had dug out a nice old jersey that meant something to them for their last match at the venerable stadium?
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#251 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,026 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

I do like that Rovers shirt. A good example of not being a slave to tradition but also not coming up with a gimmick-laden splurge.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#252 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,901 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:22 AM

Posted Image
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#253 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,027 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

Posted Image

Oooooooo.

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#254 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,179 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

seems to be an awful lot of black and grey knocking about on kits this year.. Cas away looks good

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#255 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,158 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:36 AM

seems to be an awful lot of black and grey knocking about on kits this year.. Cas away looks good

black and grey is the new black.... sort of.

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#256 twosevenzero

twosevenzero
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

During the 8 in a row Cup wins (88-95) Wigan wore 4 different shirt designs, 2 by umbro, 4 by Ellgren (2 different designs) & 2 by Puma, the kits were 'similar' apart from the Puma one which was quite different.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me".

FIOS

#257 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

New Eagles home shirt here

Posted Image
Must say i am underwhelmed.. i like the chevron of old, even the big eagle on the shirt... its nice enough and glad there is more gold on it but cant say i'm rushing out to buy one..l will just keep wearing my late 80's chevron Whitbread one.

Edited by RP London, 13 December 2012 - 02:41 PM.

#258 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 9,805 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

That Eagles shirt would look a lot better if the red was cherry-red rather than orangey-red.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#259 Simon Hall

Simon Hall
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

New Eagles home shirt here

Posted Image
Must say i am underwhelmed.. i like the chevron of old, even the big eagle on the shirt... its nice enough and glad there is more gold on it but cant say i'm rushing out to buy one..l will just keep wearing my late 80's chevron Whitbread one.

Doesn't look the best quality either, what with the sponsors badges lifting off.

Printing & Graphic Design - Nationwide
Leaflets | Flyers | Matchday Programmes | Business Cards | Letterheads | Brochures | Posters | plus much, much more!
T: 01904 765334 | E: info@alldesignandprint.co.uk

Official Matchday Magazine print & design partner to York City Knights, Hunslet Hawks & Dewsbury Rams

alldesignandprint.co.uk

#260 RP London

RP London
  • Coach
  • 12,678 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Doesn't look the best quality either, what with the sponsors badges lifting off.

i think that is genius.. but may speed up the banning of the shoulder barge over here.. good hard plastic sponsors logo sticking out.. great idea!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users