Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NEW STRIP THREAD

club media release Wolves media release Club news release

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#361 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,062 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Posted Image

2826856.jpg?type=articleLandscape

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#362 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

Those Batley kits aren't bad, esp the home one

#363 Bluebags

Bluebags
  • Twitter
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

Here's the new Kangaroos jersey. Pretty much universal dislike from fans over here.

Main points of concern is the vee doesn't go up to the shoulder, and they've screwed around with the coat of arms adding some funny vee thing in there where the smaller six states shields should be.

http://i1188.photobu...0d7eb28e5a9.jpg

#364 gnidir

gnidir
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:33 AM

The socks and shorts are appalling! The kangaroos shorts, green, two gold stripes, green and gold hooped socks!
I blame effing Canterbury. Stop messing with the international kits.

#365 deluded pom?

deluded pom?
  • Coach
  • 8,549 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:27 AM

I blame effing Canterbury. Stop messing with the international kits.

Yeah, the Aussies should get ISC to make them a traditional kit like England have.

rldfsignature.jpg

#366 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,062 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:42 AM

Yeah, the Aussies should get ISC to make them a traditional kit like England have.

I can't decide if that is a complex web of sarcasm or not! I always thought "Classic" were part of the earlier ISC (they seemed to do the same teams like Roosters) and they are Australian.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#367 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,062 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:44 AM

As for the shirt, it looks a bit like something a veterans side or a kids touring side would wear... but other than that it's fine.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#368 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,027 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:44 AM

I think that the Aussie kit is fine, though I can appreciate it should include state-logos if that has always been the tradition.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#369 gnidir

gnidir
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

For the record. The only good thing about the England kit is the fact it actually has the cross.

My issues with Canterbury are they use the same cut of jersey for every shirt, so the v is cut off. I'm actually commenting on the shorts socks more mate.

#370 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,094 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

The Aussie kit is excellent.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#371 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

Don't like that Aussie kit......looks like a washed out old kit from the 80's......last year's was way better

Edited by chuffer, 31 January 2013 - 09:39 AM.

#372 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Not great but not bad either. But I do wonder if they could have found an uglier model for it.....

Just waiting to see what monstrosity England are playing in this year.
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#373 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:06 AM

I quite like the Aussie kit actually.. Gallen probably isnt the best choice for a model though.

I used to work for the company that own Canterbury, and i think they are the rugby kit manufacturer clubs and governing bodies should be looking to get involved with. A huge push from Canterbury will be coming over the next couple of years, breaking out into sports fashion and lifestyle products (of which they already make some nice pieces).. globally as well. And the company that own Canterbury now (who also own Lacoste, Speedo, Boxfresh, Berghaus, ellesse, red or dead, Mitre and others, and who are all based in the same building) have the ability to grow the Canterbury brand to new heights.. Great for the Kangaroos that they could well become a part of that.

Recently 'new revenue streams' is a term that has been thrown around by a few people within the game, Canterbury are a brand that can help open up those new revenue streams through retail, and not just locally.

England RU will be at the forefront of that push in europe. Makes sense that the Kanagroo's could be the focus in Australia and the pacific.

Canterbury head office is based in stockport also.. close to the RL heartlands.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#374 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:51 AM

Didn't realise the Widnes kit had a star this year. I'm dead against stars on kits.

"We don't have stars in this game, Mrs Weaver, that's soccer"

Edited by ArmchairRhino, 31 January 2013 - 10:52 AM.

There's no dignity in plastic seats

#375 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 591 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

The Kangaroos kit Gallen was wearing was a supporter cut, not a players cut, hence why it looks a little odd-shaped on him, and also what it has the amended Coat of Arms. In Australia it is illegal to sell any item which features the official Coat of Arms, this is why for many sports teams over here, they sell a variation of the COA on their supporter gear. In the NRL's case, they have replaced the State logos with the double V, you will see in the examples for Union & Soccer, there are footballs in that same spot.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#376 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,027 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:03 AM

Didn't realise the Widnes kit had a star this year. I'm dead against stars on kits.

When we had McNamara as coach, the club wasn't keen on us having stars in kits.
;)

Edited by Wolford6, 31 January 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#377 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

"We don't have stars in this game, Mrs Weaver, that's soccer"

DUnno why there's a star on it.....could it be a reference to the number of times we were World Champions?......if so, not sure if it'lll catch on.

#378 Kenny Bania

Kenny Bania
  • Coach
  • 502 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Here's the new Kangaroos jersey. Pretty much universal dislike from fans over here.

Main points of concern is the vee doesn't go up to the shoulder, and they've screwed around with the coat of arms adding some funny vee thing in there where the smaller six states shields should be.

http://i1188.photobu...0d7eb28e5a9.jpg

When the Aussie kit is done right it's one of the best in all sports, never mind just RL. They've cocked it up this time though - looks like a pub team kit.

#379 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

DUnno why there's a star on it.....could it be a reference to the number of times we were World Champions?......if so, not sure if it'lll catch on.

That's the reason given, yeah. Saints had 5 stars for 5 SL titles.Football clubs have them for all sorts of reasons. Although I like the Italian tradition of one for every 10 scudettos, it generally sucks.
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#380 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,542 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

I don't think you should have one for every SL title......it has to be related to a World title, whether that's World Cup Winners or World Club Champions etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users