Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Pre-season friendlies

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Still can't understand why olpherts had such a raw deal when he was with us - better and faster than aikedere IMO.

Only problem is really, olpherts was a fullback, and akaidere is a winger, olpherts wasn't used much because craven is better.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 8,984 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

Speaking of memory, where is the Boxing Day match being played this year? Kick-off time?

I haven't been to one for a few years, so that's my excuse. :unsure:
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

It's at Mount Pleasant. Not sure the Bulldogs have confirmed the kick-off time yet, but it's usually 12.00/12.30.

#24 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,577 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

Only problem is really, olpherts was a fullback, and akaidere is a winger, olpherts wasn't used much because craven is better.

I think the two positions are interchangeable TBH, Zak Hardacre doesn't do a bad job at fullback for a player who has spent most of his career on the wing. That does lead to another point though - if JC were to gets injured, there doesn't appear to much cover at fullback - Austin wasn't too good on the odd occasion he played there and Akaidere is too small. Rhodes or Morton could possibly do the job, but it's not really a position you can afford to experiment with.

#25 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:01 PM

Add Halifax at home on 6th of january to the freindly list..... from todays rugby paper

#26 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

I think the two positions are interchangeable TBH, Zak Hardacre doesn't do a bad job at fullback for a player who has spent most of his career on the wing. That does lead to another point though - if JC were to gets injured, there doesn't appear to much cover at fullback - Austin wasn't too good on the odd occasion he played there and Akaidere is too small. Rhodes or Morton could possibly do the job, but it's not really a position you can afford to experiment with.

I'd put Morton there because he can play fullback I believe, that was if craven was to be injured
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users