League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Things about music that I really love......

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

The fact that there are now so many pubs offering places for local bands to play and hand-pulled beer to drink.

I saw a really good blues band last night in the Shoulder of Mutton at Shelf. The singer is apparently in a different band tonight at the Bridge in Bradford.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#22 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

The fact that there are now so many pubs offering places for local bands to play and hand-pulled beer to drink.

I saw a really good blues band last night in the Shoulder of Mutton at Shelf. The singer is apparently in a different band tonight at the Bridge in Bradford.

What band was it? On my doorstep almost that. (Well 3 miles!)

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#23 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,220 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

What band was it? On my doorstep almost that. (Well 3 miles!)

Can't remember the band's name. I don't even know the singers name for certain ... Keith I think ... though I've been on nodding terms with him for years. He owns the DIY shop on Wibsey High Street.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#24 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

When I lived in Uxbridge the Live Music act (or whatever it was called) (License) was brought in. I used to go to the Rising Sun in South Harrow & saw Jamiroquoi there, but when licensing was brought in it killed the live music scene in W. London.

Although I don't attend pubs anymore, I am pleased to announce that there are a lot of Pubs in & around Hastings that has live bands every weekend, & some even more than that.

http://www.thebrassm...o.uk/index.html

http://www.the-carlisle.co.uk/

are 2 of the better venues
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#25 Wiltshire Rhino

Wiltshire Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Agreed! It's amazing what great music you can hear for the cost of a few pints. Love Swindon's local music scene especially Buswell, Good Things happen in Bad Towns and Gaz Brookfield.

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

#26 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,579 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

Agreed! It's amazing what great music you can hear for the cost of a few pints. Love Swindon's local music scene especially Buswell, Good Things happen in Bad Towns and Gaz Brookfield.

And this can only improve, as the recent changes in the requirements for music performance licences takes effect.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users