Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rugby World Cup Tickets

On Sale Now

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

Just bought 12 tickets for a couple of the matches. Anyone else coming or will we be sat on our own?

#2 Chariots

Chariots
  • Coach
  • 530 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:08 AM

5 for the game at they Shay

Anyone else

#3 TheDuke

TheDuke
  • Coach
  • 1,192 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:24 AM

i enquired about hospitality at the final, there's a few of us interested in saving up for a box at the final, but its not on sale yet

i will be going to the craven park games and the one at the kc

#4 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

They're doing a live stream of the 'one year to go' event at Media City UK. Not started yet, but scheduled to appear here:
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#5 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

Been impressed so far with the launch. Both coaches on BBC breakfast & Radio 5 Live as well as bbcsportsday giving it a good go. There's also a good piece on the bbc website about Sir Kev and now the live streaming.

Just got to keep the momentum building and get bums on seats

#6 brooza

brooza
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

The problem I have is nobody else wants to confirm for the matches this far out, so I'm just going to have to buy singles
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#7 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

Two tickets for the final and semi finals and three for the match at Spotland will see about more when funds allow
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,724 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

Noticed that Marketing agency McCanns Manchester were appointed partner this week with the main objective of helping to sell the 500k tickets target for the tournament.

All good stuff, it would appear at this stage that it won't be marketing that holds this tournament back.

#9 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:29 AM

All good stuff so far, which bodes well for the tournament as long as we build momentum. That being said there wasn't a dickie bird in the London papers today about tomorrow's game or todays media launch. Its going to be a very long hard slog to get the London press to change their attitude towards RL.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,341 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:50 AM

Not got mine booked yet, but I'm looking at the following:
Round 1 26/10/2013 Cardiff       Australia v England
Round 1 26/10/2013 Cardiff       Wales v Italy
Round 1 30/10/2013 Bristol       USA v Cook Islands
Round 2 02/11/2013 Huddersfield       England v Ireland
Round 3 08/11/2013 Leeds       New Zealand v PNG
Round 3 09/11/2013 Hull           England v Fiji
Round 3 10/11/2013 Halifax       Tonga v Italy
QF    15/11/2013 Leeds
SF    23/11/2013 Wembley
SF    23/11/2013 Wembley
Final   30/11/2013 Old Trafford

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#11 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

There are some awesome deals available too (not sure I need Australian and NZ polo shirts as well as the England one, though!!) through amateur clubs.

We at Derby are getting our act together to take advantage.

If you are not linked to a local club; do yourself and them a favour and buy your tickets through them.

I'm feeling really positive about the WC, if it does fail, heaven forbid, it will not be for want of trying.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#12 West Country Eagle

West Country Eagle
  • Coach
  • 5,803 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

I'm feeling really positive about the WC, if it does fail, heaven forbid, it will not be for want of trying.

Very true. This time round they seemed to have engaged better with local authorities of host cities. In Bristol, for example, we now have someone working part time on programmes surrounding the World Cup with a view to driving ticket sales for the game at the "Mem". The communications department have also been very good at spoon feeding press release templates to the host cities, so we can try and keep the game (and the fact tickets have gone on sale) in the mind of the public. No doubt it will be a slog, but they seem to mean business this time around. Let's hope it catches the imagination of both the RL fans and the sporting public at large.
Bristol Sonics Rugby League
2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions
2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists
2008 RLC Team Of The Year
2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions
www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

#13 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

Bought tickets to 17 games yesterday, including the match in Bristol. More to come once kick-off times are confirmed (by the end of the year), and the "double deal" at Headingley works on-line. Wasn't working yesterday.

#14 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

50,000 tickets sold by close of office hours today, the first day they have been on general sale. Not a bad start, one year out from the start of RLWC 2013.

#15 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

http://www.rlwc2013....art-strongly-on
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#16 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

Very true. This time round they seemed to have engaged better with local authorities of host cities. In Bristol, for example, we now have someone working part time on programmes surrounding the World Cup with a view to driving ticket sales for the game at the "Mem". The communications department have also been very good at spoon feeding press release templates to the host cities, so we can try and keep the game (and the fact tickets have gone on sale) in the mind of the public. No doubt it will be a slog, but they seem to mean business this time around. Let's hope it catches the imagination of both the RL fans and the sporting public at large.

got me brizzle ticket - ill be wearing my plymouth argyle shirt and so bringing some civilisation to that fine city ;)
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#17 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 810 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

50,000 tickets sold by close of office hours today, the first day they have been on general sale. Not a bad start, one year out from the start of RLWC 2013.

That is absolutely staggering ! Fantastic news !

#18 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:53 AM

50,000 is a very decent start, and I've been impressed with the amount of stuff I've had thrown at me this week by the RFL. Even though I'm the sort of person who hasn't yet planned out what I'm doing this afternoon, never mind in twelve months' time, the World Cup is now very much on my radar.

The challenges seem to be:

1) Keeping up that momentum, keeping sales going through the next six months so 'panic mode' isn't required in the last six months
2) Securing some decent sponsors, including a headline sponsor. These are striking by their absence from the excellent World Cup website.
3) Sorting out a TV deal/schedule that ensures this tournament reaches a large domestic TV audience, while covering its costs.

I don't know where I'll be going, but I can't wait. The RFL and its partners seem to know what they're doing, it's up to RL fans to put their pathetic prejudices aside and attend the games. Sadly, not all RL fans are like South Wakefield Sharks.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#19 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,724 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

50,000 is a very decent start, and I've been impressed with the amount of stuff I've had thrown at me this week by the RFL. Even though I'm the sort of person who hasn't yet planned out what I'm doing this afternoon, never mind in twelve months' time, the World Cup is now very much on my radar.

The challenges seem to be:

1) Keeping up that momentum, keeping sales going through the next six months so 'panic mode' isn't required in the last six months
2) Securing some decent sponsors, including a headline sponsor. These are striking by their absence from the excellent World Cup website.
3) Sorting out a TV deal/schedule that ensures this tournament reaches a large domestic TV audience, while covering its costs.

I don't know where I'll be going, but I can't wait. The RFL and its partners seem to know what they're doing, it's up to RL fans to put their pathetic prejudices aside and attend the games. Sadly, not all RL fans are like South Wakefield Sharks.

When you say 'headline sponsor' do you mean Title Sponsor? If so I'd prefer we don't go down that route. 100% agree about needing to start getting sponsors on board though. It often surprises me that more SL/NRL sponsors do not transfer to becoming International sponsors.

#20 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,720 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

When you say 'headline sponsor' do you mean Title Sponsor? If so I'd prefer we don't go down that route. 100% agree about needing to start getting sponsors on board though. It often surprises me that more SL/NRL sponsors do not transfer to becoming International sponsors.

Yes I do to be honest. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if we can afford to go without a title sponsor, but if it significantly increases the value of the sponsorship I'd favour the cash over the aesthetics.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users