On Sale Now

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,733 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

Yes I do to be honest. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if we can afford to go without a title sponsor, but if it significantly increases the value of the sponsorship I'd favour the cash over the aesthetics.

fair enough, I'd prefer a panel approach like 2008, but as you point out, the lack of any sponsors so far may make this difficult!

#22 Odsal Outlaw

Odsal Outlaw
  • Coach
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

The problem I have is nobody else wants to confirm for the matches this far out, so I'm just going to have to buy singles

You could just hang on for a bit!
Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League
Harry Jepson Winners 2008
RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008
East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008
Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005
RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

#23 IM2

IM2
  • Coach
  • 905 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:40 PM

i bought the top scrum package for the final semis and opening game. final i have half way line!

hopefully tickets will sell enough to get people piling in or they may miss out on decent tickets!

Season Tickets 2014
- �85 - season ticket
- �125 - family ticket
- �30 - 4 game pack

skolars shop here:
http://www.skolarsrl.../match-tickets/

Haringey Team of the Year 2014 Skolars U19s

Haringey Club of the year 2011
London RL Club of the year 2011

Skolars if Carlsberg made rugby clubs! Perhaps Leagues most progressive club!

#24 South Wakefield Sharks

South Wakefield Sharks
  • Coach
  • 2,224 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

50,000 is a very decent start, and I've been impressed with the amount of stuff I've had thrown at me this week by the RFL. Even though I'm the sort of person who hasn't yet planned out what I'm doing this afternoon, never mind in twelve months' time, the World Cup is now very much on my radar.

The challenges seem to be:

1) Keeping up that momentum, keeping sales going through the next six months so 'panic mode' isn't required in the last six months
2) Securing some decent sponsors, including a headline sponsor. These are striking by their absence from the excellent World Cup website.
3) Sorting out a TV deal/schedule that ensures this tournament reaches a large domestic TV audience, while covering its costs.

I don't know where I'll be going, but I can't wait. The RFL and its partners seem to know what they're doing, it's up to RL fans to put their pathetic prejudices aside and attend the games. Sadly, not all RL fans are like South Wakefield Sharks.

That's just because I've got nowt better to spend my money on than watching international league Just Browny :rolleyes:.

Nice to meet up last week in Lens. Bumped into a couple of the Welsh lads in Wrexham this afternoon, but I think they were disappointed to see me wearing my true colours today!!

We need some quality sponsors for the World Cup. People who are either going to stump up some big cash, or do some good promotion. Travelling down the M62 today I recalled that (I think it was) Granada was the "official service station" of the 2000 World Cup. I remember calling in at several of them in the lead up to, and during the World Cup in 2000, and not seeing a single thing to do with the World Cup. That was a wasted opportunity.

We need sponsors who will use their markets to associate themselves with the World Cup and so bring the game to new audiences. Great to hear Sally Bolton talking about the need to use the World Cup as a way to bring the sport to new people, as the Olympics did. That's where the future audience for rugby league internationals is. Once momentum builds, the current support there is for club rugby league will then jump on board, but club supporters won't drive the international game as most of them put club before country every time.

#25 bewareshadows

bewareshadows
  • Coach
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:05 AM

Putting them on sale now, may seam a bit early, but for someone like me it is inspired. I struggle at the best of times to think of imaginative Christmas presents. Well here is a present for all the family a box of chocs and tickets for the Final and/or opening ceremony. Job done.

If they launched any later they would not be able to hit the christmas presents for people next year.

The family would go to watch the club side no questions asked, but internationals always seam like a bit of an extra. So it's always a should I shouldn't I question.
Super League the only place in the world where people still believe that less competitors and a closed market to new competition will improve the quality of the product.

Even the Chinese and the Cubans gave up on these marxist principles years ago.

SL with a reduced number of competitors and a closed market = North Korea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users