Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

2013Season.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:03 AM

And so you should be spending 300k more than us a season on players.

I was under the impression that the salary cap in our division is £300K. Are you insinuating Fev are breaking the rules, or are all the Hunslet's lads playing for free?

Edited by DOGFATHER, 03 November 2012 - 08:03 AM.

#22 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:10 AM

It's not our fault that us top 5 teams have ambition. And don't say the hawks etc can't afford to do this because can the eagles afford to do it? You are a lot better supported than the eagles.

And yet Sheffield's chairman reported that, once again, they made a profit this season. Funny that don't you think?
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

I was under the impression that the salary cap in our division is £300K. Are you insinuating Fev are breaking the rules, or are all the Hunslet's lads playing for free?

Right! Can you define the salary cap accurately? (I can't btw.)

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

errr , isnt it 40% of your annual turnover , up to a maximum of 300k

I think you can get an extra 5% , by telling the rfl how you are funding it , but not sure

Edited by Batley Bob, 03 November 2012 - 10:19 AM.

#25 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

errr , isnt it 40% of your annual turnover , up to a maximum of 300k

I think you can get an extra 5% , by telling the rfl how you are funding it , but not sure

As far as I know it's 300k and you can't go over it at all. Leigh went over by 2% or Sumat like that a couple of seasons back and they got points deducted.So I doubt you can have special treatment for extra income etc.

Edited by thundergaz, 03 November 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#26 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:11 PM

And yet Sheffield's chairman reported that, once again, they made a profit this season. Funny that don't you think?

I really don't know how though BSJ unless the GF really helped their income.But if they can compete and make profit why can't the rest of the lower league teams?

#27 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

I really don't know how though BSJ unless the GF really helped their income.

Sensible management and off the field activities.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#28 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 803 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:58 PM

I thought the rent was covered by Sheffield city council?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#29 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:13 PM

As far as I know it's 300k and you can't go over it at all. Leigh went over by 2% or Sumat like that a couple of seasons back and they got points deducted.So I doubt you can have special treatment for extra income etc.

Your right you cant go over the 300,000 , but say your turnovers about 250,000 , thats your salary cap set at 100,000 then you can maybe get the extra 5% , if its been covered by a sponsor or such Gaz

#30 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:28 PM

Your right you cant go over the 300,000 , but say your turnovers about 250,000 , thats your salary cap set at 100,000 then you can maybe get the extra 5% , if its been covered by a sponsor or such Gaz

Yeah see what you mean bob and yeah you could be right dont know much about that though if im being honest.

#31 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:11 PM

Yeah see what you mean bob and yeah you could be right dont know much about that though if im being honest.

is fev turning over more than 750,000 then , as your talking as tho the 300.000 is the norm for fev

#32 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:36 PM

is fev turning over more than 750,000 then , as your talking as tho the 300.000 is the norm for fev

I very much doubt it but I don't know bob.I hope we do but I think I have got more chance of seeing santa😃But I think we use all the salary cap up but then again like I said I could be wrong again.I don't know much about the finance side of it at our place and don't really want to know to be honest as their is that many aspects to incomes and out goings unless your an accountant no one will really know the true wealth or debt of a club.

Edited by thundergaz, 03 November 2012 - 06:39 PM.

#33 marko9

marko9
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

It's more like 400k for salary cap,before Leigh were saved from relegation,they had millward,Robbie Paul and a few big earners and if not they would have been in trouble in champ one

#34 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I think that all Championship clubs (with the odd exception) need to look at how the Eagles manage to function on the gates they draw. There must be some lessons to be learned there surely?

#35 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

I can but it is rather a long winded explanation :rolleyes: , I just can't seem to find the right words to make it more succinct :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SALARY CAP LIMIT FOR 2012
The Salary Cap, finite upper limit, for 2012 is £300,000 for the Championship division and
£150,000 for Championship One (excluding payments to players detailed under Section 7 –
Non-Salary Cap Costs).
Notwithstanding the above, no club may ordinarily spend in excess of 40% of their Salary
Cap Relevant Income on Salary Cap Qualifying Costs, subject to the following provisions:
1. Clubs will submit to the RSCM, by 1 November 2011, their budget for 2012;
2. the RSCM will scrutinise this budget and agree a figure which represents 40% of
Salary Cap Relevant Income (to be known as the Club Agreed Salary Cap);
3. a club may exceptionally seek in writing a dispensation from the RFL to spend in
excess of 40% and/or the above finite upper limit (to be known as the Club Agreed
Salary Cap) subject to the following;
3(a) such a dispensation will not be granted unless the RSCM is in agreement that
the club can afford to spend in excess of the finite upper limit and/or 40% of
Salary Cap Relevant Income on player wages, having regard to the club’s
financial history, the level of debts at the club, a liquidity assessment of the club
and an assessment as to club’s overall club development strategy; and
3 (b ) an absolute upper limit of £400,000 (for a club in the Championship division) or
£200,000 (for a club in Championship One).
For further clarification of what constitutes a breach, please refer to Section 8.
rfl official guide 2012 working.e$S:RL GUIDE 2006 FRIDAY PM 17/1/12 14:42 Page 37130702000Operational Rules – Section E2 – Salary Cap Regulations – Championships – Issue 10 – February 2012
SALARY CAP REGULATIONS - CHAMPIONSHIPS
4.0 SALARY CAP RELEVANT INCOME
4.1 Where contra deals have been entered into with suppliers, the “income” may be included
within the return, provided that relevant VAT invoices have been raised.
4.2 Where the term “profit” is used in any heading falling within Salary Cap Relevant Income,
clubs are reminded that this is the gross profit relating to a particular commercial activity,
i.e. income less all direct costs. For clarity, the term “direct costs” should, in this instance,
include the purchase price of goods sold but excludes all overheads and salaries of staff
employed in a generally administrative capacity.
4.3 All amounts should be shown net of VAT.
4.4 Salary Cap Relevant Income shall be divided into 19 separate headings as detailed below:
4.4.1 Central Distributions – These distributions should be accounted for on an
actual basis taking into account the various distributions from the RFL.
4.4.2 BBC TV fees – Income should be accounted for as actually received.
4.4.3 Gate Receipts – Income should be accounted for as actually received.
4.4.4 Gate Receipts – Shared – Income relates to cup and friendly games. For home
clubs, income should be shown net of the away club’s share of receipts but
before deducting match day expenses. For away clubs, income should be the
actual share of receipts.
4.4.5 Season ticket sales – Although the majority of season ticket sales will be made
during October to February, the total income from all season ticket sales should
be apportioned evenly over the number of home league games during the
season. The proportion equivalent to the total number of home games played to
the end of the quarter should be shown in the return.
4.4.6 Sponsorship Income – Where sponsorships relate to the main club sponsor(s),
kit and player sponsors then the associated income for the year should be
spread equally over the playing season. For other sponsorships - such as match
and ball sponsors - the associated income should be shown in the period in
which the matches were played.
Please note that income deriving from the owners/directors of the club for this
purpose will be deemed to be classed as an Owners’ Contribution.
4.4.7 Distributions via the RFL – excluding Challenge Cup prize money which is
dealt with under Section 5. Other income should be accounted for when
received.
4.4.8 Advertising Revenue – Advertising revenue should include all forms of
advertising including pitch branding, hoardings, scoreboard and programme.
Where advertising relates to individual matches, the associated income should
be shown in the period in which the matches were played. Otherwise, the
associated income for the year should be spread equally over the playing
season.
rfl official guide 2012 working.e$S:RL GUIDE 2006 FRIDAY PM 17/1/12 14:42 Page 372Operational Rules – Section E2 – Salary Cap Regulations – Championships – Issue 10 – February 201200307030
4.4.9 Profit on programme sales – Profit/ (loss) on programme sales relates solely to
the sale less the cost of producing programmes. Programme advertising income
should be included in “Advertising Revenue”.
4.4.10 Profit on hospitality sales – The associated income should be shown in the
period in which the matches were played. (See Section 14 ‘Definitions’).
4.4.11 Profit on merchandise sales – Profit on merchandise sales should also take
into account stock movements, damaged and obsolete stock as well as sales
and production costs. (See Section 14 ‘Definitions’).
4.4.12 Profit on lotteries and similar activities – Profit on lotteries and similar
activities relate to income, less prizes, from activities run by the club such as
raffles, golden gamble, guess the score and club lotteries. Agents’ fees should
be included within “Other Overheads” and not netted off against income. It
should be noted that lotteries, which are run independently from the club, should
not be included in this category. Any receipts from independently run lotteries
should be shown under “Donations”.
4.4.13 Profit on other commercial activities – Clubs should identify the individual
income streams that are not included in other categories.
4.4.14 Donations – Donations from other sources should be included as and when
received.
4.4.15 Investment income – Investment income relates mainly to interest receivable
on deposits held at banks or other financial institutions and should be included
as and when received.
4.4.16 Other Salary Cap Relevant Income – Clubs must provide an analysis of all
items of income and expenditure included under this heading.
4.4.17 Bad debts – Any debts relating to income for the year, which will not be
recovered by the club, must be netted against income for that period, as soon as
the debt becomes irrecoverable. (See Section 14 ‘Definitions’)
4.4.18 Owners/Directors Contributions – Where a club director or owner (which maybe a corporate or charitable entity) has decided to write off or capitalise all or
part of his loan with the club, a signed personal letter to that effect must
accompany the Salary Cap Return - otherwise, no income shall be deemed to
arise from such an event. Clubs are reminded that, in the interests of equity,
retrospective arrangements will not be allowed.
4.4.19 Management Charges – Any management charges raised by associated group
companies must be netted against income.
5.0 NON-SALARY CAP RELEVANT INCOME
5.1 Sale proceeds from the sale of assets.
5.2 Transfer fee income received.
rfl official guide 2012 working.e$S:RL GUIDE 2006 FRIDAY PM 17/1/12 14:42 Page 37330704000Operational Rules – Section E2 – Salary Cap Regulations – Championships – Issue 10 – February 2012
5.3 Any Challenge Cup prize money as per the schedule issued from time to time should be
excluded from income providing the following is observed:
5.3.1 The prize money is paid to the players within 60 days of receipt by the club.
5.3.2 Any excess of bonus over prize money received and paid out by the club is
classed as Salary Cap Qualifying Cost.
5.3.3 Any excess of prize money over bonus paid out may be included as Salary Cap
Relevant Income.
For the avoidance of doubt, any payments paid out by clubs prior to receipt of prize money, cannot be
retrospectively or notionally set off against prize money.
6.0 SALARY CAP QUALIFYING COSTS
Salary Cap Qualifying Costs shall be divided into five separate headings as detailed below:
6.1 Player contract payments:
6.1.1 All guaranteed payments as stated in the player’s contract;
6.1.2 Any termination payments and payments in lieu of notice;
6.1.3 All signing on fees.
6.2 Player match payments:
6.2.1 Any remuneration based on appearances;
6.2.2 Any remuneration based on match results;
6.2.3 Any bonuses.
6.3 Player benefits
6.3.1 All accommodation costs paid by the club including rent, council tax bills,
telephone bills, heating and any other relevant costs. Where a club owns a house
then the “rent” shall be deemed to be the “rating value”;
6.3.2 All payments made to players’ agents by the club;
6.3.3 All payments for private medical cover of a player’s family or other persons
connected with the player (premiums for players are to be excluded);
6.3.4 Provision of cars for players, amount to be based on taxable benefit to the player,
which will also include car fuel benefits where applicable;
6.3.5 Cost of all travelling expenses paid to, or on behalf of, the player. Such expenses
will include all airfares and relocation costs of non-British players, irrespective of
whether they may be subject to income tax.
rfl official guide 2012 working.e$S:RL GUIDE 2006 FRIDAY PM 17/1/12 14:42 Page 374Operational Rules – Section E2 – Salary Cap Regulations – Championships – Issue 10 – February 201200307050
6.4 Payments/(receipts) for players on loan
6.4.1 Loanee club – Cost should include any payments for the use of the player’s
services to the loaning club. Any match payments payable to the player should be
included within “Player match payments” above;
6.4.2 Loaning club – The club loaning the player should record the player’s usual
contract within “Player contract payments” above and record any associated
income from the loanee club as a negative cost within “Payments/(receipts) for
players on loan”. Not withstanding the above, in the case a club loaning any
players who are under 21 (see 7.3 below) it is not permissible to record any
associated income as a negative cost as the play’s contract payments do not
count towards the club’s Salary Cap costs.
6.5 Employee Benefit Trust Charges
6.5.1 For the avoidance of doubt, all payments into the trust relating to the Salary Cap
Year in question or liabilities/obligations/expectations to the trust for that year
should be recorded in the year as Salary Cap Qualifying Costs. In the absence of
information regarding obligations to the trust, the RSCM reserves the right to
estimate such an obligation and enter a notional amount in the club’s Salary
Cap Return.
Note also the following relevant provisions:
6.6 Dual Roles
6.6.1 Where an employee of the club is employed in a capacity other than as a player,
and plays one or more first team games (excluding friendlies) in a season then he
will be considered a player and as such remuneration payable by the club for the
other duties shall also be included as Salary Cap Costs.
6.6.2 Each club may have an allowance of up to £20,000 for each player who acts as a
Community Development Officer in a project or role approved by the RFL
Community Development department. Such approval must be sought and
registered at the beginning of the competitive season and must be counter signed
by the Community Development department again at the end of the relevant
season.
6.7 Payments to relations/associates
6.7.1 Any payment made to any relative or associate of a player or any other person,
which, in the opinion of the RSCM, relates to the player’s services (past, present
or future) to the club.
6.8 Payments to corporations in which the player has an interest
6.8.1 Payments to corporations in which the player has a direct or indirect benefic

.............does anyone fancy having a go at fathoming this out?

Edited by DOGFATHER, 03 November 2012 - 10:27 PM.

#36 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:04 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#37 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,477 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

No, you could only get 40% of the sponsor's contribution. You can't "ring-fence" bits and pieces of income and say all that's salary cap income.

#38 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,959 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:33 AM

I can but it is rather a long winded explanation :rolleyes: , I just can't seem to find the right words to make it more succinct :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

SALARY CAP LIMIT FOR 2012
The Salary Cap, finite upper limit, for 2012 is £300,000 for the Championship division and
£150,000 for Championship One (excluding payments to players detailed under Section 7 –
Non-Salary Cap Costs).
Notwithstanding the above, no club may ordinarily spend in excess of 40% of their Salary
Cap Relevant Income on Salary Cap Qualifying Costs, subject to the following provisions:
1. Clubs will submit to the RSCM, by 1 November 2011, their budget for 2012;
2. the RSCM will scrutinise this budget and agree a figure which represents 40% of
Salary Cap Relevant Income (to be known as the Club Agreed Salary Cap);
3. a club may exceptionally seek in writing a dispensation from the RFL to spend in
excess of 40% and/or the above finite upper limit (to be known as the Club Agreed
Salary Cap) subject to the following;
3(a) such a dispensation will not be granted unless the RSCM is in agreement that
the club can afford to spend in excess of the finite upper limit and/or 40% of
Salary Cap Relevant Income on player wages, having regard to the club’s
financial history, the level of debts at the club, a liquidity assessment of the club
and an assessment as to club’s overall club development strategy; and
3 (b ) an absolute upper limit of £400,000 (for a club in the Championship division) or
£200,000 (for a club in Championship One).
For further clarification of what constitutes a breach, please refer to Section 8.
rfl official guide 2012 working.e$S:RL GUIDE 2006 FRIDAY PM 17/1/12 14:42 Page 37130702000Operational Rules – Section E2 – Salary Cap Regulations – Championships – Issue 10 – February 2012
4.0 SALARY CAP RELEVANT INCOME
4.1 Where contra deals have been entered into with suppliers, the “income” may be included
within the return, provided that relevant VAT invoices have been raised.
4.2 Where the term “profit” is used in any heading falling within Salary Cap Relevant Income,
clubs are reminded that this is the gross profit relating to a particular commercial activity,
i.e. income less all direct costs. For clarity, the term “direct costs” should, in this instance,
include the purchase price of goods sold but excludes all overheads and salaries of staff
employed in a generally administrative capacity.
4.3 All amounts should be shown net of VAT.
4.4 Salary Cap Relevant Income shall be divided into 19 separate headings as detailed below:
4.4.1 Central Distributions – These distributions should be accounted for on an
actual basis taking into account the various distributions from the RFL.
4.4.2 BBC TV fees – Income should be accounted for as actually received.
4.4.3 Gate Receipts – Income should be accounted for as actually received.
4.4.4 Gate Receipts – Shared – Income relates to cup and friendly games. For home
clubs, income should be shown net of the away club’s share of receipts but
before deducting match day expenses. For away clubs, income should be the
actual share of receipts.
4.4.5 Season ticket sales – Although the majority of season ticket sales will be made
during October to February, the total income from all season ticket sales should
be apportioned evenly over the number of home league games during the
season. The proportion equivalent to the total number of home games played to
the end of the quarter should be shown in the return.
4.4.6 Sponsorship Income – Where sponsorships relate to the main club sponsor(s),
kit and player sponsors then the associated income for the year should be
spread equally over the playing season. For other sponsorships - such as match
and ball sponsors - the associated income should be shown in the period in
which the matches were played.
Please note that income deriving from the owners/directors of the club for this
purpose will be deemed to be classed as an Owners’ Contribution.
4.4.7 Distributions via the RFL – excluding Challenge Cup prize money which is
dealt with under Section 5. Other income should be accounted for when
received.
4.4.8 Advertising Revenue – Advertising revenue should include all forms of
advertising including pitch branding, hoardings, scoreboard and programme.
Where advertising relates to individual matches, the associated income should
be shown in the period in which the matches were played. Otherwise, the
associated income for the year should be spread equally over the playing
season.
rfl official guide 2012 working.e$S:RL GUIDE 2006 FRIDAY PM 17/1/12 14:42 Page 372Operational Rules – Section E2 – Salary Cap Regulations – Championships – Issue 10 – February 201200307030
4.4.9 Profit on programme sales – Profit/ (loss) on programme sales relates solely to
the sale less the cost of producing programmes. Programme advertising income
should be included in “Advertising Revenue”.
4.4.10 Profit on hospitality sales – The associated income should be shown in the
period in which the matches were played. (See Section 14 ‘Definitions’).
4.4.11 Profit on merchandise sales – Profit on merchandise sales should also take
into account stock movements, damaged and obsolete stock as well as sales
and production costs. (See Section 14 ‘Definitions’).
4.4.12 Profit on lotteries and similar activities – Profit on lotteries and similar
activities relate to income, less prizes, from activities run by the club such as
raffles, golden gamble, guess the score and club lotteries. Agents’ fees should
be included within “Other Overheads” and not netted off against income. It
should be noted that lotteries, which are run independently from the club, should
not be included in this category. Any receipts from independently run lotteries
should be shown under “Donations”.
4.4.13 Profit on other commercial activities – Clubs should identify the individual
income streams that are not included in other categories.
4.4.14 Donations – Donations from other sources should be included as and when
received.
4.4.15 Investment income – Investment income relates mainly to interest receivable
on deposits held at banks or other financial institutions and should be included
as and when received.
4.4.16 Other Salary Cap Relevant Income – Clubs must provide an analysis of all
items of income and expenditure included under this heading.
4.4.17 Bad debts – Any debts relating to income for the year, which will not be
recovered by the club, must be netted against income for that period, as soon as
the debt becomes irrecoverable. (See Section 14 ‘Definitions’)
4.4.18 Owners/Directors Contributions – Where a club director or owner (which maybe a corporate or charitable entity) has decided to write off or capitalise all or
part of his loan with the club, a signed personal letter to that effect must
accompany the Salary Cap Return - otherwise, no income shall be deemed to
arise from such an event. Clubs are reminded that, in the interests of equity,
retrospective arrangements will not be allowed.
4.4.19 Management Charges – Any management charges raised by associated group
companies must be netted against income.
5.0 NON-SALARY CAP RELEVANT INCOME
5.1 Sale proceeds from the sale of assets.
5.2 Transfer fee income received.
rfl official guide 2012 working.e$S:RL GUIDE 2006 FRIDAY PM 17/1/12 14:42 Page 37330704000Operational Rules – Section E2 – Salary Cap Regulations – Championships – Issue 10 – February 2012
5.3 Any Challenge Cup prize money as per the schedule issued from time to time should be
excluded from income providing the following is observed:
5.3.1 The prize money is paid to the players within 60 days of receipt by the club.
5.3.2 Any excess of bonus over prize money received and paid out by the club is
classed as Salary Cap Qualifying Cost.
5.3.3 Any excess of prize money over bonus paid out may be included as Salary Cap
Relevant Income.
For the avoidance of doubt, any payments paid out by clubs prior to receipt of prize money, cannot be
retrospectively or notionally set off against prize money.
6.0 SALARY CAP QUALIFYING COSTS
Salary Cap Qualifying Costs shall be divided into five separate headings as detailed below:
6.1 Player contract payments:
6.1.1 All guaranteed payments as stated in the player’s contract;
6.1.2 Any termination payments and payments in lieu of notice;
6.1.3 All signing on fees.
6.2 Player match payments:
6.2.1 Any remuneration based on appearances;
6.2.2 Any remuneration based on match results;
6.2.3 Any bonuses.
6.3 Player benefits
6.3.1 All accommodation costs paid by the club including rent, council tax bills,
telephone bills, heating and any other relevant costs. Where a club owns a house
then the “rent” shall be deemed to be the “rating value”;
6.3.2 All payments made to players’ agents by the club;
6.3.3 All payments for private medical cover of a player’s family or other persons
connected with the player (premiums for players are to be excluded);
6.3.4 Provision of cars for players, amount to be based on taxable benefit to the player,
which will also include car fuel benefits where applicable;
6.3.5 Cost of all travelling expenses paid to, or on behalf of, the player. Such expenses
will include all airfares and relocation costs of non-British players, irrespective of
whether they may be subject to income tax.
rfl official guide 2012 working.e$S:RL GUIDE 2006 FRIDAY PM 17/1/12 14:42 Page 374Operational Rules – Section E2 – Salary Cap Regulations – Championships – Issue 10 – February 201200307050
6.4 Payments/(receipts) for players on loan
6.4.1 Loanee club – Cost should include any payments for the use of the player’s
services to the loaning club. Any match payments payable to the player should be
included within “Player match payments” above;
6.4.2 Loaning club – The club loaning the player should record the player’s usual
contract within “Player contract payments” above and record any associated
income from the loanee club as a negative cost within “Payments/(receipts) for
players on loan”. Not withstanding the above, in the case a club loaning any
players who are under 21 (see 7.3 below) it is not permissible to record any
associated income as a negative cost as the play’s contract payments do not
count towards the club’s Salary Cap costs.
6.5 Employee Benefit Trust Charges
6.5.1 For the avoidance of doubt, all payments into the trust relating to the Salary Cap
Year in question or liabilities/obligations/expectations to the trust for that year
should be recorded in the year as Salary Cap Qualifying Costs. In the absence of
information regarding obligations to the trust, the RSCM reserves the right to
estimate such an obligation and enter a notional amount in the club’s Salary
Cap Return.
Note also the following relevant provisions:
6.6 Dual Roles
6.6.1 Where an employee of the club is employed in a capacity other than as a player,
and plays one or more first team games (excluding friendlies) in a season then he
will be considered a player and as such remuneration payable by the club for the
other duties shall also be included as Salary Cap Costs.
6.6.2 Each club may have an allowance of up to £20,000 for each player who acts as a
Community Development Officer in a project or role approved by the RFL
Community Development department. Such approval must be sought and
registered at the beginning of the competitive season and must be counter signed
by the Community Development department again at the end of the relevant
season.
6.7 Payments to relations/associates
6.7.1 Any payment made to any relative or associate of a player or any other person,
which, in the opinion of the RSCM, relates to the player’s services (past, present
or future) to the club.
6.8 Payments to corporations in which the player has an interest
6.8.1 Payments to corporations in which the player has a direct or indirect benefic

.............does anyone fancy having a go at fathoming this out?

yes, that's it in a nutshell.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#39 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:23 PM

I think that all Championship clubs (with the odd exception) need to look at how the Eagles manage to function on the gates they draw. There must be some lessons to be learned there surely?

Yep you're right. I won't knock Sheffield as everything they've done since they reformed has been spot on in my eyes. It's easy to criticise their relatively poor support but that's no reason to criticise those supporters who have followed them for so many years.

I suspect that some of the lessons to be learned might be a little unpalatable to some other clubs mind!

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#40 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,033 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Yes it is, and it is classified as sponsorship, hence income.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users