TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Vote for your Player of the Year

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 Community Development

Community Development
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

http://www.newsandst...errerPath=sport

#2 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

The Poll that was going on here had Matty and Brett Phillips as the two most popular choices amongst forum users yet Brett isnt one of the options to vote for in the News and Star!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

The Poll that was going on here had Matty and Brett Phillips as the two most popular choices amongst forum users yet Brett isnt one of the options to vote for in the News and Star!

gilly, it doesn't say anywhere that you have to vote for only one of the six mentioned. Just send it with Brett's name in the e-mail.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

Seen as though ive seen town 6 times this season 5 haven 1 donny i think im allowed a vote gotta be brett phillips the lads class

#5 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Sorry Keith must admit I dont give the News and Star the attention I used to so maybe jumped to conclusions
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:35 PM

I've sent mine in with Brett's name on .

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

Wow its tough to pick one as you feel your doing a dis-service to other players who have also been outstanding this season.

#8 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

Well I changed my mind now the dust has settled on the season.
My vote has gone for Brett Carter. Played superbly in more than one position with hardly missing a game. Really hard decision though as you can make the case for most the team!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:17 PM

I've got to go for ell miller. I dont think we've had a finisher of his ability since Stuart cocker. His try vs Oldham was outstanding and with him away at donny we would have been finishing a few of our chances. But I can't argue if either of the bretts,matty or thacks get it.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

Great that we're talking like this . Shows how well as a collective we did this year . None of us can have any gripes at the result whoever we voted for , it'll be well deserved which ever player gets it . I just hope lots of people vote .

#11 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

I've got to go for ell miller. I dont think we've had a finisher of his ability since Stuart cocker. His try vs Oldham was outstanding and with him away at donny we would have been finishing a few of our chances. But I can't argue if either of the bretts,matty or thacks get it.

Close thing but I too have gone for Elliot, consistently exciting, classy, committed and competitive all season.

Edited by Oneday, 27 October 2012 - 10:16 AM.