RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

At least it's being discussed.....

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:07 PM

http://www.warringto..._of_10/?ref=rss
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:26 PM

I hope it happens as its the only way I can see the RFL being fair as I see it at the minute they can promote who they want when they want at the minute hopefully this will change that and they will have to promote the champions and hopefully we will go back to the league leaders getting promoted and not the silly route of grand final winners.

#3 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

Good news, it's starting to look good for 2014/5

A bloke like that would not be quoted in the paper if there wasn't a least a very good chance that it might become reality.

#4 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,359 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

IF it happens .... and that's a big IF, you'll see how big a nuclear wasteland Div 3 can become.

But - hey - happen that's the plan ........ ;)

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#5 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

hope not, tho it's not much more than that at present!
I'd like to see all clubs given fair opportunity to aspire..... maybe it's an ideal bit it's what I'd like all t'same.

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

IF it happens .... and that's a big IF, you'll see how big a nuclear wasteland Div 3 can become.

But - hey - happen that's the plan ........ ;)

Not if theres a P&R spot open at that level too, as it should be.

4 Divisions of 10 with the money spread accordingly would be far better.
Posted Image

#7 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

Agreed!

#8 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

If there's enough TV money to go round then great!

I wrote about it in February... http://www.loverugby...-structure.html

;)
Posted Image

#9 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:12 PM

Very much as I suggested under the DSL heading on 5th October Robin. It has to change.

#10 Ponterover

Ponterover
  • Coach
  • 1,715 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

If there's enough TV money to go round then great!

I wrote about it in February... http://www.loverugby...-structure.html

;)

Good article that, 100% support from me

#11 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:41 PM

Aye, and me!!

#12 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Makes a nice change from the last one... ;)
Posted Image

#13 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:23 PM

Gav mate. I can't speak for everyone on this forum. But I do know a lot who use this forum. I'm not a bigot, or a zealot. But I, like many who use this forum have entrenched views that may occasionally oppose yours. When it does, we'll tell you. When we agree with you, we''ll tell you. I won't slag you off. I won't belittle or pour sarcasm on your comment. If I disagree I, and everyone will say so. That's what a forum is for.
I didntvrealise you did that loverugbyleagie article which was/is very good. And as such you get the plaudits.
Fair play gav.

Edited by Robin Evans, 26 October 2012 - 06:24 PM.

#14 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,101 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:30 PM

Gav mate. I can't speak for everyone on this forum. But I do know a lot who use this forum. I'm not a bigot, or a zealot. But I, like many who use this forum have entrenched views that may occasionally oppose yours. When it does, we'll tell you. When we agree with you, we''ll tell you. I won't slag you off. I won't belittle or pour sarcasm on your comment. If I disagree I, and everyone will say so. That's what a forum is for.
I didntvrealise you did that loverugbyleagie article which was/is very good. And as such you get the plaudits.
Fair play gav.

This. Amen Robin.

Buy the official Rovers 2013 Yearbook, out now!!!  ;)

http://feathers.rlstore.co.uk/product/2013YEARBOOK

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

Fair play gav.

Thanks mate, appreciated. (Just so you know that last post was just tongue in cheek, I don't hold any grudges for folk having a different opinion!)

It is only my second season in the glamorous world of Rugby League journalism so I know I'm far from credible, but even I know it would be foolish to expect everyone to agree with everything I say! :D
Posted Image

#16 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:31 PM

This. Amen Robin.

Thanks Mark! :)
Posted Image

#17 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:49 PM

Thanks mate, appreciated. (Just so you know that last post was just tongue in cheek, I don't hold any grudges for folk having a different opinion!)

It is only my second season in the glamorous world of Rugby League journalism so I know I'm far from credible, but even I know it would be foolish to expect everyone to agree with everything I say! :D

and so say all of us :rolleyes: :D we'll even send a brickie round to repair that wall you've been banging your head against gav ;)
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#18 PJT

PJT
  • Coach
  • 4,338 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:57 PM

Gav and the whole of the loverugbyleague lot are good lads and appreciate all levels of the game

#19 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,837 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

Gav and the whole of the loverugbyleague lot are good lads and appreciate all levels of the game

you'll have him blushing in a minute :D
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#20 Ackydave

Ackydave
  • Coach
  • 127 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

Fair play gav.

Gav. I agree with the sentiments expressed here by Robin. I certainly don't agree with some posters on the forums and I'll try my best to get my points across as much as I can - but I do respect their views.
It's only when certain people attempt to belittle others that I lose control of the keys (so to speak).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users