At least it's being discussed.....

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Gav. I agree with the sentiments expressed here by Robin. I certainly don't agree with some posters on the forums and I'll try my best to get my points across as much as I can - but I do respect their views.
It's only when certain people attempt to belittle others that I lose control of the keys (so to speak).

And so say all of us.

#22 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:28 PM

:wub: :D
Posted Image

#23 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

:wub: :D

Come and do an article on Selby Warriors and the Selby and District challenge cup Gavin, we could do with the publicity and im sure you want some good articles

#24 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

Come and do an article on Selby Warriors and the Selby and District challenge cup Gavin, we could do with the publicity and im sure you want some good articles

good idea suggy, a day in the life of.....
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#25 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,307 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:42 PM

I'll see what I can do mate!
Posted Image

#26 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:31 PM

I'll see what I can do mate!

he'll have thi playing no7 next week. Mark my words and be warned. Shaking hands with suggy means you're contracted to playing afe back for Selby!!!!!!! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#27 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

he'll have thi playing no7 next week. Mark my words and be warned. Shaking hands with suggy means you're contracted to playing afe back for Selby!!!!!!! :lol:

Talked a 47 year old copper into playing this week

#28 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,273 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:53 PM

You're never reight you!
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#29 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

Talked a 47 year old copper into playing this week

I used to play #### half/left wing/ hooker. Any chance of a game of the subs bench at 78.

#30 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Having heard so much about Selby Warriors I looked them up. It says that 'Suggy' has finally got the job he wanted as JT the official Cas mascot. Have I made a mistake. I thought he was Fev through and through. I intend no crticism people do what they want just a bit confused that's all.

#31 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

I was away last week so I've only just read this topic. I agree with Gav's proposal, it's similar to what many of us on this forum have been harping on about for a couple of years. The salary caps are bit unreallistic though, the clubs in the top tier would never allow the bottom tier to get nearly half as much as them, and why would the 2nd tier need much more than £1M, which would give an average salary of nearly £50K?

The most important factors though, are the names of the leagues and the associated media coverage! The name "Super League" is divisive, that and little or no media coverage in many cases is a chief reason for pathetic crowds at many struggling clubs. If the name Super League is to remain it must be SL1 and SL2, with the RFL campaigning amongst the media that ALL results are published in newspapers and read out on TV and Radio, including Radio 5 and Look North, Calendar etc. If we can promote the game from the bottom up, Sky subscriptions and sponsorship should increase in non-Super League areas, and we might get more money from Sky and sponsors alike!

#32 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:16 AM

You're never reight you!

Neither is he now

#33 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

I used to play #### half/left wing/ hooker. Any chance of a game of the subs bench at 78.

Colin you really shouldnt joke about things like that, youl be getting a call

#34 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Having heard so much about Selby Warriors I looked them up. It says that 'Suggy' has finally got the job he wanted as JT the official Cas mascot. Have I made a mistake. I thought he was Fev through and through. I intend no crticism people do what they want just a bit confused that's all.

Ha, yes one of the lads been a bit naughty there, i can take a joke but that wasnt funny

#35 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • 3,859 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

Been working on Phil Butler all week, says he will if i do

#36 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

I used to play #### half .......

Sometimes, these typos can be funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#37 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:55 PM

Sometimes, these typos can be funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No typo Griff. When I played I was still doing the 3 'r's and had one to go. We also played back to back games on the muc stacks. When I was playing one way I WAS the #### half. Apart from all that some people thought I was #### because I had nought and lived in a back to back house. When I passed my exams and became BA(Hons) ACIB the lasses from the big houses in Purston who wouldn't look the side we were one at Lister Hall Baths dances in the old days suddenly remembered we had had a childhood in some proximity together. Then it was my turn to ignore them. C'est le Guerre.

#38 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

No typo Griff. When I played I was still doing the 3 'r's and had one to go. We also played back to back games on the muc stacks. When I was playing one way I WAS the #### half. Apart from all that some people thought I was #### because I had nought and lived in a back to back house. When I passed my exams and became BA(Hons) ACIB the lasses from the big houses in Purston who wouldn't look the side we were one at Lister Hall Baths dances in the old days suddenly remembered we had had a childhood in some proximity together. Then it was my turn to ignore them. C'est le Guerre.

I meant 'on' not 'one'. Of course I had a typist when I was working, so you can't expect.....

#39 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Colin you really shouldnt joke about things like that, youl be getting a call

My time is a bit taken up Suggie, but if I can give you the odd day from time to time on any front I am qualified in please let me know. Think you are doing a great job. Col.

#40 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

My mistake. :huh:
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users