Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

At least it's being discussed.....

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#41 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,436 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Any club in SL now or in the future MUST have an U23, U20, U18s team for me. Not all players straight away are Sl or near to Sl standard- look at Jamie Peacock for example. The quota should be cut to 1 just like the championship. Whilst it would be nice to see Fax, Fev etc in SL, it has to be on terms which see us being treated fairly but also one that benefits the game. If we cant afford to be in Sl in some way then we shouldnt be there. Halifax, featherstone and Sheffield have achieved so much good work this past few years and it would be a real shame that could be destroyed by us being shoved in to a system which doesnt benefit us or others. Academy Rugby should be one of the most important things a club should do. The heart of any clubs playing staff should come from within its own ranks. Its my opinion why Leeds, Wigan and St.Helens have had so much success as the players have an extra pull towards the club and know the system and what is required. I think the TV money needs to be distributed more evenly. Maybe the RFL needs to take away the decision making from clubs though each division could have a seat on the board who make the decisions. Too many decisions are made especially from SL clubs that just benefit them and not the whole game

#42 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

This is just a cost cutting exercise. We now have U19s and U16s.

If you're 16, you're probably not going to hack it in the U19s so what do you do ? Maybe consider RU .....

If you're 19, your Superleague career is over if you've not made it already. Even for backs, that's very early to be thrown on the scrapheap. For props, it's ridiculous.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#43 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,955 posts

Posted 30 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

This agreeing wi griff lark is getting tedious now.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#44 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:32 AM

Bless me if Barrie McDermott doesn't agree with us as well, Robin.

Probably read it here. :lol: B)

#45 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Bless me if Barrie McDermott doesn't agree with us as well, Robin.

Probably read it here. :lol: B)

Thank God for amateur RL.

#46 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:30 PM

This is just a cost cutting exercise. We now have U19s and U16s.

If you're 16, you're probably not going to hack it in the U19s so what do you do ? Maybe consider RU .....

If you're 19, your Superleague career is over if you've not made it already. Even for backs, that's very early to be thrown on the scrapheap. For props, it's ridiculous.

There should be a mandatory U23's side... under that optional.

Cummins Out.

#47 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:28 AM

It seems that there was a meeting about a 20 team, two division $uperleague yesterday.

Don't know the outcome though. :(

#48 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,955 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

hmmmmmm.

#49 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:40 AM

From a Hull FC forum held at the KC last night...

When the next round of SL franchising comes around, 12 teams and reinstatement of promotion and relegation is looking likely.

The man certainly seems to be keeping to his word, after the Kath Hetherington era, he said he would always be accessible and keep the fans informed of what's going on.

I wonder if some other folk involved in SL would rather he didn't.

From Adam Pearson, Hull Chairman, last night. Might answer how things may head in 2015.

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#50 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:54 AM

It's the financial arrangements which will make it work or fail ....

#51 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

It's the financial arrangements which will make it work or fail ....

Aye. Doesn't matter what it's called or how many teams are in, there is always going to be one top divison and one 2nd tier. Unless we go back to one giant league that is..... :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#52 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 795 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:34 AM

why don't we just go back everyone play everyone or 2 tier like the old stones bitter championship

#53 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:28 AM

Aye. Doesn't matter what it's called or how many teams are in, there is always going to be one top divison and one 2nd tier. Unless we go back to one giant league that is..... :lol:

Yes !! We all play each other home and away with promotion every three years because that's how long it would take to complete the season. :lol:

#54 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Yes !! We all play each other home and away with promotion every three years because that's how long it would take to complete the season. :lol:

if there's only one division where are you going to get promoted to
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#55 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

if there's only one division where are you going to get promoted to

:blink:

It wasn't a serious proposal, oldrover. <_< :mellow:

:huh:

#56 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

:blink:

It wasn't a serious proposal, oldrover. <_< :mellow:

:huh:

you can never tell these days
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#57 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

you can never tell these days

Fair comment. There are lots of things about the game that I think are a joke and it turns out they're true. <_<

#58 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,173 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:32 PM

Fair comment. There are lots of things about the game that I think are a joke and it turns out they're true. <_<

Intrigued by your comments on this forum Griff I decided to look you up on Google. It says: By day Griff is an ordinary office worker in an everyday town. He has a secluded life and his only friend in his bullied life is his brother. BUT by night he assumes his other identity, roaming the dark streeets at night in costume trying to rescue somebody. It turns out to be him who need rescuing and it is a woman who does it. Still to his mind he is an invisible hero.
Sounds a bit like you are you going to confess?.

#59 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,778 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 04:19 PM

Intrigued by your comments on this forum Griff I decided to look you up on Google. It says: By day Griff is an ordinary office worker in an everyday town. He has a secluded life and his only friend in his bullied life is his brother. BUT by night he assumes his other identity, roaming the dark streeets at night in costume trying to rescue somebody. It turns out to be him who need rescuing and it is a woman who does it. Still to his mind he is an invisible hero.
Sounds a bit like you are you going to confess?.

I think few people would regard me as invisible.

#60 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,955 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

Invisible?? Well that's one descriptor!!! There are a few more I'd use afoore that one!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users