Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Champions of 2012 - who won what?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

I'm going to be updating the Wikipedia entries for the RLC successor leagues (and BARLA / ex-BARLA ones for that matter). Could I have a list of who won what this year as even the organisations supposed to promote grassroots rugby can be remarkably silent.

#2 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:07 AM

As an aside, I noticed the sports portal recently (http://en.wikipedia....t_events/Sports), and also noticed that there are any results you can think of posted there for whatever level of whatever sports any fancies posting.

Basically, can you be bothered putting RL scores up on that page if you're updating the normal ones? Pretty time-consuming I suppose.

#3 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 983 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:17 AM

Midlands RL:

Premier: Northampton Demons
Div 1: Telford Raiders
Div 2: Hope Valley Hawks
U18s: Leicester Storm
U16s: Gloucestershire All Golds

#4 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

As an aside, I noticed the sports portal recently (http://en.wikipedia....t_events/Sports), and also noticed that there are any results you can think of posted there for whatever level of whatever sports any fancies posting.

Basically, can you be bothered putting RL scores up on that page if you're updating the normal ones? Pretty time-consuming I suppose.

Unfortunately it is basically only me and bowes editing this kind of page so even just getting league participants and winners (and this season the names of the leagues) is difficult enough, especially since RL websites even regional ones don't contain this information.

#5 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Midlands RL:

Premier: Northampton Demons
Div 1: Telford Raiders
Div 2: Hope Valley Hawks
U18s: Leicester Storm
U16s: Gloucestershire All Golds

Thank you, duly updated.

#6 EdinburghExile

EdinburghExile
  • Coach
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Unfortunately it is basically only me and bowes editing this kind of page so even just getting league participants and winners (and this season the names of the leagues) is difficult enough, especially since RL websites even regional ones don't contain this information.

Fair enough. I'm tempted to give this a go next year, but like you say, it's a big task, and a pain in the ######, and possibly thankless.

I did however put the results of the CC and SL Finals into the front page "In the news" section, better than nowt!

#7 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Community Shield: Fryston Warriors
Harry Jepson Trophy: London Skolars A

Yorkshire Men's League:
Premier Division: Fryston Warriors
Group play off: Normanton Knights A
Entrance League: Myton Warriors A

North East League:
Premier Division: Gateshead Storm
Regional Division: Cramlington Rockets

South Premier: Hammersmith Hillshoists
London & South East: Portsmouth Navy Seahawks
London & South East Entrance: Mudchute Uncles

East: North Herts Crusaders
East Entrance: Bedford Tigers A

#8 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

South Wales Premier: Bonymaen Broncos
North Wales Championship: Conwy Celts

Scotland: Edinburgh Eagles
Scotland (Central): Edinburgh Eagles
Scotland (North): Aberdeen Warriors A

South West: Devon Sharks
West of England: Oxford Cavaliers

Cumberland Division 1: Kells
Cumberland Division 2: Flimby

The North West Men's League has not yet finished the season

#9 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Community Shield: Fryston Warriors

Thanks for the mine of info, but I'm going to need a little help with this one.

I can only presume that this is a successor to the RLC regional.

#10 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

The Community Shield isn't really a successor to anything but it is a cup played for by the clubs in the RLC successor leagues (bar RLCN/NCL3/Conference Central).

The differences between it and the HJ Trophy are it includes the heartland sides and has more teams (32 not 8). It also takes precedence over the HJ Trophy.

#11 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

So the HJ trophy is now only for Midlands, East, South West, Scots, Welsh, North East, London & SE sides?

I'm guessing that all clubs in the North West and Yorkshire men's leagues are excluded even if they are technically not heartlands.

So which 32 sides qualify for the community shield?

#12 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:16 PM

Actually adding it up was 30 teams with 2 byes:

8 from NW
8 from Yorkshire
2 from Cumberland
2 from NE
4 from midlands
4 from London/SE/East
2 from SW

I don't know why they couldn't invite another 2 Cumbrian sides. Most regions nominated teams on league placing but Yorkshire ran qualifiers and the NW invited the quarter finalists from their half of the Wars of the Roses Cup (actually forgot that one it was won by Leigh East A and was only open to NW Men's League and Yorkshire Men's League teams)

#13 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 345 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Cumberland League to decided by a playoff, games start this week, kells and Flimby league leaders kells also won Cunberland and Amateur cup

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#14 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:31 PM

http://www.totalrl.c...on/page__st__20

There's info on the Community Shield here but couldn't get the complete Yorkshire qualifiers result (lots of walkovers?)

#15 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 10,962 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:45 PM

I've updated the BARLA pages now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users