RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

One of the best Value Season Tickets in Super League

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

http://www.wakefield...prices/2012/10/ Prices starting at £125 for a ground adult IF you buy before October 31st, with all these benefits you cant go wrong! :)
Posted Image

#2 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

sounds a good deal my only concern is bradford were selling cup price season tickets and look what happened there
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#3 slowdive

slowdive
  • Coach
  • 264 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

sounds a good deal my only concern is bradford were selling cup price season tickets and look what happened there

I think there is a danger here that clubs end up falling in to of basically selling tickets cheaply to spectators who are already certainties to buy them anyway. Both Bradford and Broncos have fallen in to the trap of selling their tickets too low to their hardcore audience and then it's fallen flat when they've struggled to gain any extra spectators.
I wonder how many of the people who took advantage of this early bird scheme in Wakefield would have bought them anyway for a higher price?
The cynic in me wonders if this is linked to the winding up petition last night and a need to generate funds really quickly. I hope not because Wakefield seem to be moving in the right direction and their crowds last year were impressive.
There seems to be a lot of extras attached which look quite good as a package so they've obviously put some effort into it, so I do hope it works.
"At times to be silent is to lie. You will win because you have enough brute force. But you will not convince. For to convince you need to persuade. And in order to persuade you would need what you lack: Reason and Right."

#4 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,124 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:17 PM

Vfm is only per game..... But will you get quality??

Cheap season tickets ain't the answer!!

I said this 3 years ago with the pledge..... Maybe offer 3000 affordable - first come first served.. But that's your lot

#5 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

Vfm is only per game..... But will you get quality??

Cheap season tickets ain't the answer!!

I said this 3 years ago with the pledge..... Maybe offer 3000 affordable - first come first served.. But that's your lot

This can work if done right ie. not the solution to all financial worries. I'd like to think they have learnt from the Bulls situation, they seem to have been sensible so far.

#6 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,124 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:53 PM

This can work if done right ie. not the solution to all financial worries. I'd like to think they have learnt from the Bulls situation, they seem to have been sensible so far.

£125 for 13 games is selling our game down the pan.

That's less than a tenner a game...... What can you get for tenner these days?

#7 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

£125 for 13 games is selling our game down the pan.

That's less than a tenner a game...... What can you get for tenner these days?

I paid £8 to see a film in a cinema, this game is worth more that £10 per match.

#8 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:27 PM

I think you miss the strategy in play here, the idea is to fill the stadium and then offer a multitude of ways in which to spend your money inside. To that end Andrew Glover has spent a fortune cleaning up the stadium, adding new stands, increasing the number of outlets and improving the match day experience.

#9 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,124 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

I think you miss the strategy in play here, the idea is to fill the stadium and then offer a multitude of ways in which to spend your money inside. To that end Andrew Glover has spent a fortune cleaning up the stadium, adding new stands, increasing the number of outlets and improving the match day experience.

All good and much need improvements required...... But how can you survive on hoping people will spend money in the ground.... It's a risky strategy and its one that IMHO cost bulls.

#10 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

All good and much need improvements required...... But how can you survive on hoping people will spend money in the ground.... It's a risky strategy and its one that IMHO cost bulls.

Same way you survive on hoping people will just turn up on match days.

I don't think for one minute that the current strategy will be in play forever but it is a long term strategy in terms of getting people hooked on supporting the club while season tickets will return to their normal prices over time.

#11 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,124 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:29 PM

Same way you survive on hoping people will just turn up on match days.

I don't think for one minute that the current strategy will be in play forever but it is a long term strategy in terms of getting people hooked on supporting the club while season tickets will return to their normal prices over time.

100% I'm not knocking any efforts to get the fans in, but IMHO wakey don't need to do this, you've had some bloody big crowds this year.

What wakey have done this season has been fantastic!!

I ain't a fan of cheap tickets, this is why play off games are poo

Edited by 1976PMJwires, 27 October 2012 - 03:29 PM.

#12 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:30 PM

This is nowhere near as drastic as the Bulls though. The cheapest ticket of £125 is a fair bit more than the Bulls charged in their first year IIRC.

#13 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,124 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:35 PM

This is nowhere near as drastic as the Bulls though. The cheapest ticket of £125 is a fair bit more than the Bulls charged in their first year IIRC.

£85 at bulls iirc. But Dave it still undervaluing our game and asking for trouble.

I'm more than surprised wakey are dong this as they've had some big gates this season... So why are they needing to do it?

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 13,532 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

£85 at bulls iirc. But Dave it still undervaluing our game and asking for trouble.

I'm more than surprised wakey are dong this as they've had some big gates this season... So why are they needing to do it?

i believe they had some cheap deals this year too.

#15 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

One of the main things is there was 5,000 season ticket holders in 2012 and our crowds averaged over 8,000. And for half the season the team were losing! The 'feelgood' factor created by cheap season tickets, the New regime and improvements at the ground meant more people came and paid full price. We used average 4,000 attendence to double that HAS to be a good thing...
Posted Image

#16 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,124 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

One of the main things is there was 5,000 season ticket holders in 2012 and our crowds averaged over 8,000. And for half the season the team were losing! The 'feelgood' factor created by cheap season tickets, the New regime and improvements at the ground meant more people came and paid full price. We used average 4,000 attendence to double that HAS to be a good thing...

Thanks for the figures that backs my argument. You don't need cheap passes and congrats on a great season

Wakey in a new ground would get 10k. Looks good at wakey

#17 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:15 AM

maybe a case for the rfl to come up with a central pricing policy for all clubs :huh:

#18 stewpot01

stewpot01
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:53 AM

I think Wakefield have already learned their lesson and would be surprised if they had not looked very carefully at this before going ahead with it.

#19 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 2,959 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

Giants season tickets are available at £99 if you want to sit behind the posts.

#20 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

leeds season tickets are on special offer until 3rd dec as follows

south stand/ carnigie terrace/ western terrace £200 after dec 3rd £220
paddock seats £230 after dec 3rd £253
north stand @carnigie seats £ 270 after dec 3rd £ 297
carnigie centre seats £ 300 after dec 3rd £ 330

that are of course reductions for juniors/students/ oap/ u21s/ disabled

the above prices in my view are reasonable to watch rugby league

Edited by southstand loiner, 28 October 2012 - 12:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users